Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: [Closed] Current bugs

Default Re: Current bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Smoor View Post
    only the ranged tech affects a reapters ability to repeat.
    That's the way I always thought it worked as well - if you want extra range, you give up the ability to repeat it.

What I did with my dragon is make one prime bolt with range on it to pull with, then had another one with damage/whatever else on it for actual fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I have tried again (near Chiconis) after March patch on Live Shards, and it still doesn't work for me.

Or do I kill the wrong Dark Crawlers or not at the right place?
    There's definately still a problem, 2 of us tried today and it won't count any type we kill. Tried to drop and get it again, still won't count our kills. HELP.

Frozen weapon teched handwraps don't use the unarmed attack animation (for Sslik at least). It seems to be some kind of 1-handed attack animation. The attack animation reverts to normal if the handwraps are unequipped.

Giant Ice Beetle trophies can only be handed in from level 85-88. At level 89 they disappear of the quest list.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Frozen weapon teched handwraps don't use the unarmed attack animation (for Sslik at least). It seems to be some kind of 1-handed attack animation. The attack animation reverts to normal if the handwraps are unequipped.
    Techniques do not modify the attack animation at all. There's nothing on them to do so, and I am unable to reproduce this myself.

Giant Ice Beetle trophies can only be handed in from level 85-88. At level 89 they disappear of the quest list.
    This has been taken care of for the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Techniques do not modify the attack animation at all. There's nothing on them to do so, and I am unable to reproduce this myself.
    Did you try it with essence leather handwraps?

Did you try it with essence leather handwraps?
    No, I didn't, essence leather wasn't specified as the one being used. However, I can guarantee you that the technique isn't the problem. Techniques do not modify animations. It might be the handwrap itself.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

No, I didn't, essence leather wasn't specified as the one being used. However, I can guarantee you that the technique isn't the problem. Techniques do not modify animations. It might be the handwrap itself.
    I made another set. The second I applied frozen weapon to it, the unarmed attacks were replaced by a different attack animation. The handwraps didn't display this behaviour beforehand, but they did afterwards. There were no other techs on the handwraps, either. I can also say for certain that it wasn't always this way. (i.e. my handwraps used to have the proper unarmed animation - so it's not the teching process itself that is causing the problem)

I made another set. The second I applied frozen weapon to it, the unarmed attacks were replaced by a different attack animation. The handwraps didn't display this behaviour beforehand, but they did afterwards. There were no other techs on the handwraps, either. I can also say for certain that it wasn't always this way. (i.e. my handwraps used to have the proper unarmed animation - so it's not the teching process itself that is causing the problem)
    All it does is use a high attack instead of a low attack. That is totally not a bug.

All it does is use a high attack instead of a low attack. That is totally not a bug.
    When one uses chain attacks, one starts doing sword twirls instead of the kicks and martial arts moves.

If it's not a bug, is there any way I can change my files locally to force the use of the unarmed animations I'm used to?

When one uses chain attacks, one starts doing sword twirls instead of the kicks and martial arts moves.

If it's not a bug, is there any way I can change my files locally to force the use of the unarmed animations I'm used to?
    Ah, so more details come out the more we get into this.

Xarog, I cannot read your mind. Please detail exactly what steps you take to cause this to occur so that I can recreate it and try to track this down. Otherwise, it is simply fumbling about and my time is limited enough that I cannot do that more than I already have. Thank you.

Ah, so more details come out the more we get into this.

Xarog, I cannot read your mind. Please detail exactly what steps you take to cause this to occur so that I can recreate it and try to track this down. Otherwise, it is simply fumbling about and my time is limited enough that I cannot do that more than I already have. Thank you.
    I'm sorry that my explanation was poor.

All I did was apply frozen weapon to a set of essence leather handwraps. The second that happened, all the attack animations changed. (I assumed that the combat system has a set of animations, i.e. "attack1" "attack2" for each weapon. Each special ability will call up one of the attack animations, and the system then selects the appropriate animation for that weapon type. If something changes the weapon animation type, then it would logically follow that the animation system would call on a different set of animations, like 1 handed weapon vs. unarmed attacks. Maybe it was a bad assumption on my part.)

I've done a full system scan now, and the only mod I'm using is the mappack, so as far as I can tell, my client is the way it ought to be with regard to battle animations.

I'm playing as a Sslik, usually as a lvl 100 spirit disciple. I really can't think of anything else that is relevant, because it's ONLY when the frozen weapon teched handwraps are equipped that the ability animations change.

I hope this helps.

I'm sorry that my explanation was poor.

All I did was apply frozen weapon to a set of essence leather handwraps. The second that happened, all the attack animations changed. (I assumed that the combat system has a set of animations, i.e. "attack1" "attack2" for each weapon. Each special ability will call up one of the attack animations, and the system then selects the appropriate animation for that weapon type. If something changes the weapon animation type, then it would logically follow that the animation system would call on a different set of animations, like 1 handed weapon vs. unarmed attacks. Maybe it was a bad assumption on my part.)
    No, actually, that isn't how it works. The animations are tied to the skill the weapon you have equipped uses. Hand-wraps are assigned to use skill 1 (unarmed) so they will call the h2h (hand-to-hand) animations. A broadsword uses 1-handed slash so will pass 1hs, a dagger 1hp, a battle axe 2hs, and so forth. The technique itself does not change the skill used at all. In fact, it has no place on it that it could actually change the skill, nor override the animation.

I tried it out as a Dryad and with teched and unteched hand-wraps it still used the h2h attack animations. But, I'll try it with a Sslik and see what it does. Thank you for explaining it further.

Ok, did some more testing. Found the combat animation control files in the resources folder.

\Horizons\Resources\definitions\characters\sslik_u

Made copies of the h2h defs and renamed them to the 1hp defs after making backups of the original.

Haven't figured out why, but it broke the attack animation of the frozen weapon teched handwraps completely. On the other hand, the unarmed attacks with other handwraps works as usual.

So for some weird reason, the defs being called up by frozen weapon teched handwraps is definitely :

Horizons\Resources\definitions\characters\sslik_u\ sslik_u_anim_combat_1hs.def
    Horizons\Resources\definitions\characters\sslik_u\ sslik_u_anim_combat_1hs_special.def

More testing to follow.

Edit : nvm on the testing, looks like you're on the right track now. Unless I get impatient and annoyed to the point where I don't feel like waiting for a patch.

Edit again : made a mistake. It's the 1hs files, not 1hp.

Just killed Galewind, the named Wind Elemental. Lvl 107 with 10100 hp. All he dropped was a single Vapor. That seems a bit... wrong. heh
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Just killed Galewind, the named Wind Elemental. Lvl 107 with 10100 hp. All he dropped was a single Vapor. That seems a bit... wrong. heh
    That isn't a bug. there is a chance, albeit small, of that happening.

Thread Information