Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Closed] Current bugs

Default Re: Current bugs

Ah, okay.

Also noticed that sometimes when a dragon uses a craft ability some crystal effects fade. Im not sure if thats intended.

Have had this happen today, I consumed a "Radiant Ice Crystal" but as soon as I used "Dragon Harvesting VI" it faded.

[01/28/10 06:09:18] Krondel -> Krondel : Radiant Ice Tool Crystal
    [01/28/10 06:11:16] Krondel -> Krondel : Dragon Essence Harvesting VI
    [01/28/10 06:11:16] Consumed Radiant Ice Crystal has faded.
    Last edited by Dakoren Ironhand; January 28th, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

1)
    When you use Spirit Walk and an enemy misses you the Spirit Walk effect fades.

2)
    Acceleration doesnt reduces the amount of recycle time on all spells as the ablity claims to do.

3)
    When trading a plot while having a construction still planned in your planning window the structure wont disappear once the plot has been traded. A relog or re-entering the zone wont help either. You need to purge the World Cache manualy before its gone.

When binding to another bind point while it has the same name as your current bind point it says "Binding to the selected bind point.." the follow up message wont appear then saying you are actually bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    1)
    When you use Spirit Walk and an enemy misses you the Spirit Walk effect fades.

*snip*
    That sounds correct to me - isn't it because of Spirit Walk that the enemy misses? I guess it's hard to test however!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

2)
    Acceleration doesnt reduces the amount of recycle time on all spells as the ablity claims to do.
    Does it reduce it on some spells, but not all? Or never on any spells?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ah, okay.

Also noticed that sometimes when a dragon uses a craft ability some crystal effects fade. Im not sure if thats intended.

Have had this happen today, I consumed a "Radiant Ice Crystal" but as soon as I used "Dragon Harvesting VI" it faded.

[01/28/10 06:09:18] Krondel -> Krondel : Radiant Ice Tool Crystal
    [01/28/10 06:11:16] Krondel -> Krondel : Dragon Essence Harvesting VI
    [01/28/10 06:11:16] Consumed Radiant Ice Crystal has faded.
    Got this. Conflicting keywords.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Last one for now, I promise... this one is really annoying.

Randomly, and I've never figgered out how to replicate this, or fix it short of a relog,

The money display at the bottom of the Inventory window. Where it shows how much money you have, will go blank. No little coin icons, no numbers, nothing. I believe coin is also supposed to show at the bottom of the vault window, and this stops working as well, normally at the same time, but not always. Sometimes one will work, and not the other.
    This is not random. It happens when you open a player owned plot container structure. For example, if you open a house, or silo, and inventory window at the same time, then close the plot structure first, it bugs. The next time you open your inventory, the coin will not show at the bottom. To fix/ reset this, open any plot container again, and your inventory at the same time, and then close inventory window first. Very easy bug to reproduce. Not too painful to fix, but still annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    That sounds correct to me - isn't it because of Spirit Walk that the enemy misses? I guess it's hard to test however!
    No when the ability actually kicks in it shows the enemy hit you but for 0 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Does it reduce it on some spells, but not all? Or never on any spells?
    Just tested with different kinds of spells; boosts, healing, damaging, AOE and it seems none of them is affected. Same goes for the abilities.

Also the armor / scales with the - recycle stat on them dont have any effect. This also includes the dragon AROP crystals and the new tech "Dragon Tech: Piercing Winds".

Another thing is that most of the blighted items we loot these days cant be deconstructed. We used to be able to deconstruct a lot more in the past and some of the items we cant deconstruct we do have blighted forms for.

Another thing is that most of the blighted items we loot these days cant be deconstructed. We used to be able to deconstruct a lot more in the past and some of the items we cant deconstruct we do have blighted forms for.
    This is a known issue, but unfortunately not one that can be fixed very quickly. Literally hundreds of formulas will have to be made in order for all blighted items to be deconstructed.

The follow aint really a bugm but when you are inside Dralnoks Doom at 8426,46758 looking West. However if you try to go to the other side of it you dont see it (8385, 46761 looking East).

I would like to propose a big round of applause for Amon, for starting this thread, and for him and the rest of the devs for listening, and actually doing something about these bugs that have been around for years.

These are the constant little things that annoy the players on a day to day basis, and I am so grateful that you are working to fix them. This will make the gaming experience so much more enjoyable (esp the music bug fix). THANKYOU!

1)
    When trading with a consigner and selling items it wont update the amount of listed items when you have it in listed mode. It does update the amount of listed items when you are in grid view.

2)
    The "Cedar Treantwood Totem" has no texture attached to it causing it to be invisible when a player equips it.

3)
    The command "/chatjoin" doesnt pass the password (second parameter) on when the given channel is already created. Instead it keep asking you to enter your password but no matter where you enter it, it wont accept it.

4)
    Im not really sure if this is a bug or just a display issue but;
    Mace of Divine Intervention shows on the detail page a "skill (null)" property.

For item 3 in post 33 above, see: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17866 post 13.

Knossos

Perhaps a known bug but one which takes a minute or two from my gameplay a few times per month. The tabs on chat windows do not by default (there is an option to activate but it does not work in itself) flash when a new message is received in a window which is not the open tabbed one.

It is a frustration to send a private tel to another player and receive no response - not because the player was afk, not because he was busy in battle, not because he ws busy in another chat, not because he was mid teleport - but because his chat tab did not flash to make him aware that an unread message rested in an inactive (tabbed) chat window.

The workaround as many players (but by no means all players) are aware is to right click on the chat window, select properties, and move the window transparency slider to mid position and return to (but not close) the chat window.

As one might expect this bug is most common with new players and is thus an ingrededient of "unfriendliness" in the default settings of the player grahical interface.

Knossos

There's an issue with a dragon attempting to fly away during combat. I'm not sure how long it's been going on, or exactly how reproducable it is, but on occasion, I will try to fly away from a monster/group of them and the server will not register that I've flown off. The monster(s) behave as if I'm still on the ground at the point of takeoff, like I'm just standing there. I think it tends to happen more when I fly off an edge, which has the effect of skipping the takeoff animation for whatever reason. It seems to be an issue with hatchling-glide as well.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Found tonight...

In khutit form, Ravage does not give combat spam. I see that the ability is going off (the little floating "Ravage" goes off), but no acknowledgment in spam.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Found another...

Kerian, Dragon Craft Trainer in New Tris.

Quest: Carry a Status Report to Gerix in Kion!

The second link: "Would you <link>carry my report<end link> to Gerix for me?"

When clicking, you get a "nil is not online."

Re-greeting works to continue the quest.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Found tonight...

In khutit form, Ravage does not give combat spam. I see that the ability is going off (the little floating "Ravage" goes off), but no acknowledgment in spam.
    This is likely because the attempt to play the animation fails. Unfortunately it isn't one we can fix. Best thing I can sugest is not to fight in Khutit form.

Got any more? Broken abilities, spells, inconsistencies?

Thread Information