Thread: [Closed] Primal AOE spell cast timers

Default [Closed] Primal AOE spell cast timers

I'm not sure if this is intended, but it is possible to 'stack' the primal AOE spells and get two of them to fire at almost the same time.

For example, click on 'blast', and before it finishes casting click on 'barrage' to queue it for the next attack. 'blast' will run the full length of the spell cast timer, and once finished 'barrage' will go off instantly.

This seems to work with any combination of the AOE spells.

Default Re: Primal AOE spell cast timers

I've found that spellcasting timers have always been wonky, and I never understood them in the least.

For example, take my Cleric. The slowest spell in the book is Mystic Blaze, which usually takes about 3-4 seconds to cast.

But SOMETIMES, especially after I just casted another spell, I'll get this ultra-quick 1-2 second cast on the very same spell. This just... makes no sense to me. The heal spells do the same, especially if you cast a heal spell and hurry up and try to cast another, sometimes they cast much quicker, and.... sometimes they don't.

Default Re: Primal AOE spell cast timers

What you may be seeing is a spell with an animation thats longer than the cast time (see the delay number in the spells properties). In those cases, the animation is playing longer than the spell takes to cast, and the second spell begins casting.

The second appears to fire almost immediately if the second animation never plays.

Blast has a delay of 40. Which means 4 seconds to cast. but the animation plays for 6, maybe 7 seconds.

Barrage has a delay of 30, but its animation takes about 6 seconds as well.

So you are seeing animation overlap.

Thread Information