Thread: Reklar's Sash of Fury vs Forest Mist

Default Reklar's Sash of Fury vs Forest Mist

Anyone ever noticed the effect difference between Reklars Sash of Fury and Forest Mist?

Reklars Sash of Fury is a very rare item, hard to get and not as power full as you would expect it would be once you actually try it. Especially if you compare it to Forest Mist, a L 30 Druid ability, which can be easily mastered by getting your Druid to 60.

Forest Mist effect is 120% base evasion. In my case that would add 240 evasion with 1200 base evasion. Or without training points it would add 200 evasion. As a level 100 monk that is ofcourse.

Now lets look at the rare, hard to get, Reklars Sash of Fury.
    Not looking at its other stats but just at the effect allone, it adds 150 evasion and 150 unarmed. The unarmed stat is quite nice, since its the biggest buff you can get in unarmed so far. But that evasion?

Its quite nice isnt it, 150 more? Until you take it to combat and try to out your luck. You use Forest Mist and 2 seconds later Reklars Wind of Fury kicks in, decreasing your evasion. Yes, decreasing your evasion. As Reklars Wind of Fury overrides Forest Mist which I think is total nonsense for an epic item. You've worked your way through dozens and dozens of Reklar fights, if unlucky even had to find a crafter willing to make it for you and then you get such a result. I would say thats quite misleading...

Please devs, let the Reklars Wind of Fury effect come on top of any current evasion boosts, the effect wont last more for 20 seconds compared to 2 minutes on Forest Mist. Let it be epic, please?
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Default Re: Reklar's Sash of Fury vs Forest Mist

I agree, what is the point of a epic item when the effect of it is just laughable compared to a normal class ability? :|

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*Wait's for the anouncement of the nerfing of forrest mist...*

*edit* sorry the fixing of the currently overpowered forrest mist
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

In that case why dont they delete the druid school then? I mean they already are looking for other options to nerf COT? Then we all should go Shaman and wear metal armor instead of leather. There would be no difference between the schools other then that really.

This should be an easy fix, just make it do that these effect either 1) let them stack, or 2) forest mist overwrites reklars winds.

For all the trouble it takes to get the sash, and since the effect randomly procs, i.e. it isn't something you can "activate" when needed, why not just allow these effects to stack? It isn't going to happen all that often anyway, but forest mist shouldnt be getting overwritten.

I guess a third option would be to increase the evasion granted by reklars sash, to say 250. but even then, overwriting a longer lasting ability would still be unwanted... So the effect would also have to last just as long as forest mist does...

Just let them stack.

Reklar's will stack with Forest Mist for this next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks a lot Amon, much appreciated!

Thread Information