Thread: Blight Update 178

Default Blight Update 178

Blight Update 178 has been applied to the Blight Testing Shard and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Additions

• Solistan will now give out a Master Builder emblem to qualified players.
    • Monks now get additional passive Dodge abilities at level 34, 64, and 94.

Changes

• Cloak of Thorns:
      • Can once again be used on any level player.
      • Will now remain active on a player until removed by damage (there is no longer a timer).
      • Will only register melee damage to check for breaking.
      • The ablative threshold is increased significantly for tiers 3 and up.

• Chiconis Battlefield has had some work done in it. Risen Adepts should be easier to find, and the ghostly dragons that haunt the area should now have more space to spread out.
    • Adventure: Eminence now requires a Tomb Scarab Carapace when applying the technique.
    • Adventure: Primal Vengeance now requires a Diseased Brownback Fang when applying the technique.
    • Spell: Primal Flash now requires a Twisted Automaton Gear when applying the technique.
    • Removed the minimum spawn quantities on spawns in the Observatory Peninsula and the Deadpool.
    • Lowered the spawn quantities of monsters in Rastiphan and the Heart Undead Camp.
    • Increased the spawn quantities slightly of Muck Flies and Aviculara Scavengers.
    • Improved the respawn times of named monsters on Lesser Aradoth.
    • Removed the minimum spawn quantities of some spawns on Lesser Aradoth.
    • Quest items used in the Biggletorque quest series are no longer tradeable
    • Removed the minimum spawn quantities on spawns in Old Rachival, Delgarath, the Proving Grounds, the Fallen Outpost, Bannock's Ridge, the Abandoned Shore, the Island of Talinis, the Stormy March, the Valley of Tears, Dralnok's Doom, the Myloc Colony, the Valley of Tolrath, and the Staging Grounds.
    • Reklar's Winds of Fury will no longer conflict with evasion and unarmed skill boosts.
    • Acceleration is now an active ability that gives you an acceleration buff.
    • Avariatus' Stone of Vitality will no longer attune items it is installed into. Please note that this change will not fix any items previously attuned by the stone.

Sound Revamp

• Significant changes and fixes to the sound system have been made. Players visiting Dralk and other "lava" areas in the game should no longer have to relog in order to continue to hear music. New music has been added to some areas of the world, and the song list in others has been updated. Please be sure your game build is up to date with the new files, but if you experience problems with the sound/music system let us know.

File Structure Audit

• In addition to revamping the sound system, with this update we've also done a complete audit of the game's client side files. When players patch to Blight as of this update, they will find that a number of files need to be downloaded or removed in order to make their client build up to date with what assets are needed for the game. As a reminder, players logging in to Blight should also clear their world_cache folder by completely deleting the folder and allowing it to rebuild over time in order to prevent conflicts with the many changes that have been made to the world.

Fixes

• Fixed the quest The Battlefields: Explore the Chiconis Battlefields so that it does not repeat the same dialog twice.
    • Dragon Adventurer now gets Dodge at level 1 FOR REAL THIS TIME.
    • Corrected the health boosts of Dark Crawler Breeders and the named Breeder, Moragantris
    • Fixed a step dependency in quest "Plundered Tombs: Investigate the Tomb of Crankenspank"
    • Corrected Mighty Roar to be usable on targets, but still give a self-buff.
    • Gantorin the Restless Shade will now properly drop the Memory Stone for the Relic quests.
    • Cancelling one of the Relic Preserver quests will no longer allow you to begin the Relic Hunter quest line and vice versa.
    • Corrected a broken chat link in quest "Vandus Confederation: The Withered Aegis Threat II"
    • Corrected the appearance of Private Alton Barwoth in Heart
    • The Battlefields: Scouting the Battlefield has had the locations updated so that you can scout near the location, not just precisely at it.
    • Commander Turclid will now spawn on the Chiconis Battlefield
    • Pygmybot Gear is now known as Twisted Automaton Gear and has a proper description.
    • Relic Hunter and Preserver quests now include feedback on counter steps.
    • Quest "Central Valley: Forest Skulk Menace" now has proper feedback on the counter steps.
    • Quest "Sadie's Quest: Scout Part III" will now properly track the use of Sense Enemies and Power Shot at the same time as killing Spider Hatchlings.
    • Radiant Carpenter's Cog no longer mentions Confectioner in the description.
    • Balit's Quest: Gather Rare Components for Balit's Research will now count werewolves correctly as you kill them.
    • The lair outside Chiconis that is commonly called the "crystalshaping lair" has undergone some structural rebuilding. The gap leading out of the lair has been closed off, but this also required a general "shoring up" of the various chambers.
    • The Battlefields: Identifying the Leader no longer has a Rank Badge being deleted in the first step, as this would cause the quest to break if someone no longer had the badge. Likewise, the badges are no longer removed when you return to Wintheria, but are when you speak to Grizelian, as is more fitting with the story of the quest.
    • Fangs of Fury, Primal Rage, and the Bard's Tail now TRULY reduce delay by 5%.
    • Fixed Satyr model so that it will load properly at a distance.
    • Fixed music around lava (hopefully for real this time).
    • The Naka-duskael Gate to Drakul is now usable by bipeds that qualify for travel to the Dragon refuge.
    • Drain Bolt will now properly display combat messages when it misses or hits.
    • Antaniel at the Imperial Outpost will now properly give out the quest, "Medallion of the Storms", to Level 100 Storm Disciples who have completed the other school quests and who possess the Blighted Storm Core.
    • Nambanora in Feladan no longer has a Consigner tag beneath her name.
    • The destination pad for the community of Moroto is now named properly (instead of Motoro).
    • Quest "Drain Bolt I: Primal Secrets, Fiendish Pride" will now properly delete Kamilari's Scroll at the end.
    • Drain Bolt quest items are now keyworded and can be filtered and also no longer tradeable.
    • Quest "Drain Bolt III: Into the Dead Pool" now contains feedback for the counter steps.
    • References to the Island of Dabihi now correctly refer to Dahibi.
    • (Blight only fix) Players will once again be able to complete the Dragon Tutorial: Loot a Grulet Tusk quest.
    • Myloc Birthing Sacs can no longer be pulled from their spawn location.
    • Mace of Divine Intervention will now properly show the skill used for healing upon death.
    • Quest "Attunement to Serenity - Collecting Unblemished Bones" will now properly track the collection of Unblemished Bones.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 2nd, 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Talking Re: Blight Update 178

Removed the minimum spawn quantities....
    Um, I'm not too terribly sure what this means. Could someone toss a clue in the general direction of this dumb old dragon as to what this is about?

Significant changes and fixes to the sound system have been made....Fixed music around lava....
    Thank you! Thank you! We are not worthy!

Dragon Adventurer now gets Dodge at level 1 FOR REAL THIS TIME....
    Fo' real? *dodges*

Corrected Mighty Roar....Fangs of Fury, Primal Rage, and the Bard's Tail....Drain Bolt....
    Thank you!

Drain Bold quests: Anyone out there second my motion that there should be one last step in the final quest, that being eating the face off a certain Fiend? *raises claw*
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Default Re: Blight Update 178

Quote Originally Posted by Hasai View Post
    Um, I'm not too terribly sure what this means. Could someone toss a clue in the general direction of this dumb old dragon as to what this is about?
    It means mobs in those spawn areas shouldn't instantly re-appear any longer after you kill one.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quest: Relic Hunter: Research the Lost Settlement
    Issue: Quest dialogue with the Librarian of Magic.
    Is: "Nevertheless, I am the Librarian of Magic. How many I assist you? " and "....Afterall,"
    Should be: "....How may I assist you?" and "After all,"

Quest: Relic Preserver: Recover a Memory Stone
    Issue: Quest directs me to return to Karane with my discovery; however he only gives me the AROP dialogue and does not update the quest. "You are brave to accept the challenges of the council. Return to me when all is done, that I may greet you as befits an Ancient Dragon."
    NOTE: I have active the quest: AROP - Ancient Rite Conclusion

Quest: Source of Power: Astronomical Observations
    Issue: Quest feedback after looting the letter
    Is: "....An automatted messenger perhaps?"
    Should Be: "....An automated...."
    NOTE: I also still have the astronomer's letter in inventory, not sure if it should be removed upon speaking to Minisa

Quest: Source of Power: The source of Power Revealed
    NOTE: Still have Minisa's List of Ingredients

Quest: Plundered Tombs: Investigate the Tomb of Crankenspank
    Issue: Quest does not provide additional steps after completing 1st step. Quest feedback indicates that there are certain mobs to kill, but the quest log only shows Step 1 as complete. (Same behavior as previous update).

Quest: Earn Title: Spider Slayer
    Issue: Unable to take quest. Game feedback message says "Quest Earn Title: Spider Slayer has been disabled due to a constraints or school check".

Quest: Vandus Confederation: To The Rescue II
    Issue: Quest log text
    Is: "Recovery twelve...."
    Should be: "Recover twelve...."

Stalled Quests from previous patches:
    The Satyr: The Machine of Inhibition
    Earn Title: Crystal Smasher

Issue: Unable to cast Mighty Roar on self or others
    Issue: Fell into a hole @ 23574,22356
    Issue: Region display for Dark Forest @ 23180,22964; followed closely thereafter with Jenkin's Hill. I earlier got a region display for Dark Forest next to Spire's Shadow (that area looks dark).
    Issue: Lvl 100 Druid only has Cloak 5. When cast on T1 adv and craft player, the player received Cloak 5 with the T5 damage cap. I think he said the cloak lasted over 45 minutes while he hunted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Quest: Relic Hunter: Research the Lost Settlement
    Issue: Quest dialogue with the Librarian of Magic.
    Is: "Nevertheless, I am the Librarian of Magic. How many I assist you? " and "....Afterall,"
    Should be: "....How may I assist you?" and "After all,"
    Got it.

Quest: Relic Preserver: Recover a Memory Stone
    Issue: Quest directs me to return to Karane with my discovery; however he only gives me the AROP dialogue and does not update the quest. "You are brave to accept the challenges of the council. Return to me when all is done, that I may greet you as befits an Ancient Dragon."
    NOTE: I have active the quest: AROP - Ancient Rite Conclusion
    If you have more than one quest that asks you to speak with the same NPC, then only one will work unfortunately.

Quest: Source of Power: Astronomical Observations
    Issue: Quest feedback after looting the letter
    Is: "....An automatted messenger perhaps?"
    Should Be: "....An automated...."
    NOTE: I also still have the astronomer's letter in inventory, not sure if it should be removed upon speaking to Minisa
    Got it.

Quest: Source of Power: The source of Power Revealed
    NOTE: Still have Minisa's List of Ingredients
    Got this one too.

Quest: Plundered Tombs: Investigate the Tomb of Crankenspank
    Issue: Quest does not provide additional steps after completing 1st step. Quest feedback indicates that there are certain mobs to kill, but the quest log only shows Step 1 as complete. (Same behavior as previous update).
    Got it.

Quest: Earn Title: Spider Slayer
    Issue: Unable to take quest. Game feedback message says "Quest Earn Title: Spider Slayer has been disabled due to a constraints or school check".
    The quest was bugged. But if you changed schools that would effect the quest staying active. Particularly if you dropped below level 21 in the process.

Quest: Vandus Confederation: To The Rescue II
    Issue: Quest log text
    Is: "Recovery twelve...."
    Should be: "Recover twelve...."
    Stalled Quests from previous patches:
    The Satyr: The Machine of Inhibition
    Earn Title: Crystal Smasher
    Crystal Smasher will remain "stalled" as the mobs aren't in the game for this series of patches. But I do not know what you mean by stalled for the Machine quest. Could you post the bug?

Issue: Unable to cast Mighty Roar on self or others
    It works just fine for me.

Issue: Fell into a hole @ 23574,22356
    Fixed... though some of these "holes" along the back-side of the tombs aren't gonna be fixed.

Issue: Region display for Dark Forest @ 23180,22964; followed closely thereafter with Jenkin's Hill. I earlier got a region display for Dark Forest next to Spire's Shadow (that area looks dark).
    What does this mean? Region display issue. Yes, it is meant to be dark. Thats why its named the "dark forest". :P

Issue: Lvl 100 Druid only has Cloak 5. When cast on T1 adv and craft player, the player received Cloak 5 with the T5 damage cap. I think he said the cloak lasted over 45 minutes while he hunted.
    got it... tracking the number of hits now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    What does this mean? Region display issue. Yes, it is meant to be dark. Thats why its named the "dark forest". :P

haha yes. I thought the "dark" word should be somewhat indicative of the appearance of the forest and the area near's spires shadow fit the description. I was running up toward Jenkins Hill and I got a Spire's Gate update, then very shortly thereafter, Dark Forest, and then immediately thereafter Jenkins Hill. The area is the road up toward Jenkin's Hill and it didn't seem very Dark Forest-y to me; plus it's like a matter of a few meters on that road where it's part of the Dark Forest, which seemed strange. I don't know how the "zone" is laid out but I thought I'd bring it up, in case just a tiny tip of the forest zone extended that far west.

Crystal Smasher will remain "stalled" as the mobs aren't in the game for this series of patches. But I do not know what you mean by stalled for the Machine quest. Could you post the bug?
    Crystal Smasher because I can't find the azulars.

Machine of Inhibition my stone of revelry does 0 damage on the Machine of Inhibition, so I am unable to kill him for the kill counter on the quest.

I also forgot the other open/stalled quest is the one that needs the Sarcophagi dust. I'm not logged in so I can't see the name of the quest; apologies.

Also different thread, but TY Velea for checking on the celery stalk; it is indeed healthy and hearty and present.

Oh...Earn Title Spider Slayer; this wouldn't even show up in my quest log, just a game feedback message saying it was disabled. I didn't even have the opportunity to change schools.
    Last edited by Creme; February 4th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.

All testing performed without gift of alacrity.

Primal Rage: -5% Spell Recycle - Works!

Bard's Tail: -5% recycle for spells - Works!
    -5% recycle for melee - NOT working.

Fangs of Fury: -5% recycle doesn't appear to be working. can a few more players test this? Easy way: ravage. 120 second normal recycle. 6 seconds = 5%. If immediately after using it, then hovering cursor over the ability you see "1:59" as the time remaining until it can be used again, then it obvously is not working. It should jump down to 1:54 and count down. Seeing 1:55 or above means it isn't working. When testing this, be sure you do NOT have gift of alacrity. Also, best to test one item at a time. So have say the Bard's Tail removed when testing Fangs of Fury.

-5% delays on all the above? Harder to verify. since I would need a stop watch and then stop it soon as the blue casting bar finished... would need 2 people at one pc to fully test.

On the plus side, all the +95% delays seem fixed. (the delays are probably now either 0 or -5%)
    Last edited by Guaran; February 4th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Update: Fangs of Fury's -5% recycle is verified not working.

Not sure on the -5% delay parts. hard to measure

I'm not sure what mighty roar is supposed to do...

It only casts on mobs, not self. It says +177 strength...

I used it oncer on an amethyst golem and he just got up and walked off... no buff on me in either gift or effects..
    Why would we want to purposely buff a mobs strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Why would we want to purposely buff a mobs strength?
    For the Challenge!

The Acceleration ability takes up a gift slot while its clearly not a gift. It's effect is way less effective than what the old one promissed to be.

That one was passive, and had no time limit on it. This one is 30 seconds and even takes up a gift slot...
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

On Dragons and Dodge.

Dodge is now present. Evasion is still 800 base.

Test: ED mobs

After several minutes of combat, and reviewing the logs, I saw where I "Dodged: once.

So, for now, all we have is a very small chance at a new way to evade. Fine enough.

On the evasion skill itself, is it still the plan to lower that by 200? Because this will have a huge, measurable negative impact. Which would in no way be countered or balanced at all by the Dodge being added.

I tested the effectiveness of Evasion and Magic evasion years ago, by maxing tp's in each, then hunting in ED. It made a noticable difference in my survivability. Taking 200 evasion away will be quite bad for dragons. Maybe if it is offset by adding 15k hp to a level 100 dragon... (Which actually would probably be more realistic anyway)

Thread Information