Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How happy are you ingame?

Default How happy are you ingame?

I just want to know, how are you in game at the moment, earlier and in future?

Well, i was happy to play and help other players or have some fun alone.. but now, after i know what will happen after applying the next few patches, i really don't know if i want to play Istaria anymore. some fixes or "nerfes" decreases my fun rapidly..the story about CoT, lower dragons evasion and "maybe" change accelerate ability to active and have a limit of 30sec and recycle in 1min... i just want to know WHY do you change this after all the years? WHY now? WHY these traditional abilities? WHY? this game has more potential to new contents than limit old content. this community don't want stronger and better content.. most players here want special stuff like event masks, special pants, the old spell "BOOM!", the shirt "i'm a winner", new types of food and many more..

please developers.. take these words..

why don't you ask the great community what they need in the game? we have here great drawers, modelers (3D), storytellers... the potential is here!!

Well, here a small picture how i feel at the moment about this game:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: How happy are you ingame?

You've already seen my responses about Cloak of Thorns in other threads. Compromises have been made. I'm sorry if you still don't like them.

Dragon Evasion. Did anyone actually confirm this on Blight? Cause, it turns out I changed the wrong school's evasion. Dragon_Adventurer never got the change in the first place, a dragon aegis school got it.

Acceleration. It was reported as broken. We looked at it and it did appear to be busted. Passive delay/recycle mods always seem to cause issues. So we changed it to an active cause those are known to work for sure.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I don't agree with your assession of what 'most players' want. As for the original question,

I can't really play right now. Waiting for all these miracle fixes.

Seriously not understanding why these critical to game play things can't be separated and hotfixed in. Instead they are attached to a very large update that isn't in for yet another week.

Got one looking for quest mobs that don't appear or only appear after maint. and never again.

Another is waiting for the lairshaping formulas.

Yet a third is waiting for her quest to be updated because on Blight the quest no longer exists. I've stopped writing tickets on bugs I find. Seems the constant answer I get is 'it's fixed on Blight!'

And my eldest... well I can work on my lair I guess, but really it does get old just playing a 'finished' character all the time.

I suppose it's kind of silly to add that Shian is also waiting for the Fall Harvest so she can properly celebrate her hatchday...

You've already seen my responses about Cloak of Thorns in other threads. Compromises have been made. I'm sorry if you still don't like them.
    You said only it will be a change of CoT but not the reason behind this change... uberpowered can't be a reason because it isn't.. or is it just the compare between CoT and Spiked scales? dragons says our spiked scales are so weak and those small bipeds have such a strong ability? i have a dragon too and i know the advantage and disatvantage of a dragon.. dragons are really offensive and hit an opponent very hard. a biped is more deffensive and is able to handle more opponents at same time..

nevermind.. back to the roots..
    i just want to know how the other players feel at the moment...

I would post my thoughts, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about CoT to really comment on that ability.

I would post my thoughts, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about CoT to really comment on that ability.
    thats not the point.. just say something about the game itself.. how you feel, work or hunt.. do you have problems? or is there something really good?

feel free

As one who managed to have fun in game even when EI owned it, I'm still having a blast. The changes keep me paying attention instead of falling asleep... I'd love to have them in game all the sooner but I've learned to wait for Virtrium's roll outs because they're well worth it, IMO.

*chuckles* Besides, if I'm thinking of the game's potential instead of what it does, I can always write up a story demonstrating that potential and submit it to Virtrium as an idea for future events. It's one more challenge of the game, figuring out how to do the fantastic things I want to within the existing parameters... and fun to role play in chats to see how plausible it is! ;-)

I'd have to say that I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen

"You dodged xxxxx's yyyy."

Never.

I've seen it on my biped, though with a shield and half a bar on the training point menu put into Blocking (as well as using a large shield), if she evades an attack, it is almost always a block, though she's good at parrying too. lol.

But yeah, I have _never_ seen a dodge or evade on my dragon. Never.

Edit:

If a Dragon can't Dodge... they can't block (no shield) and they can't parry (no weapon), then giving them at least dodge/evade would be nice. It should make dragons a lot more survivable, as the only way to completely mitigate 100% of the damage, is if the enemy were to *miss*.

I'll gladly take that, even it means only having 600 evasion at 100. Better than having a useless stat that does nothing.

Three things that offended me the most so far :
    - Changing DPs from 8 hrs to 28 hrs
    - Removing Nadia
    - No events in 2009

Also about events ...
    I remember great Christmas event after Virtrium took Istaria it was in 2007 if I remember correctly.
    It was very friendly event with lot of stuff like making your own shoulder treant,
    next year Christmas event was bad and in 2009 no event at all ...

I joined around April 2007 and after Virtrium took Istaria back, those were like "gold times",
    new nice stuff , nice events, but after some time it was becoming bad and more bad.
    Bad times comed of nerfs , more nerfs and bad changes.
    Reaching very bad point in 2009 when there was no events.

For now looks like Developers are doing game for themselves not for players.
    I hope they will start listening to players, not ONLY to themselves while doing changes or it could end bad some day ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitar View Post
    - No events in 2009
    The rollout of Dralnok's Doom was not an event?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitar View Post
    Three things that offended me the most so far :
    - Changing DPs from 8 hrs to 28 hrs
    They did this, to make food more viable. If DPs were still 8 hours, then nobody would need/want food made from the confectioner school. This was kinda-sorta necessary, but maybe 28 hours was a little overkill.

- Removing Nadia
    I would have preferred that they increased drop rates on techs, and remove Nadia. Or, keep Nadia, maybe lower her prices a little. It is much too hard for someone leveling up (especially someone who has high craft, but low adventure) to get ahold of techs they need. A Tier III person can't make a Tier III tech'd item, because nearly every adventuring tech requires some tech from a mob they CAN'T handle at that level. I cannot think of any Tier 3 undead that a Tier 3 character can feasibly handle, but it seems most of the GOOD Tier 3 techs require... yup... undead comps.

- No events in 2009
    I can forgive them for that -- they gave us Dralnok's Doom and they are currently fixing a huge slew of bugs and doing a Tier revamp.

I'm happy that the game is still alive and being developed. I'm not happy of the so called changes or fixes that are nothing more than nerf after nerf after nerf and the one subject matter that most adv elders agree on: These nerfs are just plain dumb. This is not a flame but just honesty however I'm used to my posts getting deleted lol.

Overall, I think lots of people really don't care if they log in or not. I don't have the urge to come home from work and log into Istaria. I love Istaria though. I just wish the gods...grr..whatever.

I was in a group the other night and we had a blast laughing at the new CoT fix. Soooo many jokes came about lol. I guess the game is still fun .

The general consensus that it's not just abot the CoT change, it's the culture of simply making things outright unfriendly and annoying to the players. From items to abilities to spells to whatever, they don't enhance the gaming experience, they lessen it.

The thing that is most glaring here, that these nerf/fixes/changes/whatever are made to the adventuring side of the game. Almost always. That, is why you guys will always see the cheerleaders type folks who will love this game forever and ever no matter what - well, as long as the crafting side don't get nerfs like adventurers do lol.

Look at the deal with food and DP - Add food so crafters can make and upped DP to the adventurers. Awesome. Confectioners rejoice!! Go craft your food. Taverns have a purpose - go craft it you! If you are an adventurer with a few DPs though, this is what you get to do:

eat, oops gotta sit first, eat, wait
    sit, eat blah this food share same timer
    eat, dang gotta sit, eat, wait
    eat
    sit
    wait
    rinse
    repeat
    Zzz..
    and don't forget the t6 tavern.

So, the crafter get to craft and that's fine I guess. In this case they get to cook. Good for them. What do adventurers get? Annoyance.

And more, and more of that and there's no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    What do adventurers get?
    Tons of new content.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Tons of new content.
    And nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    And nerfs.
    Sometimes nerfs are necessary to maintain balance.

Sometimes an ability is powerful enough, that it needs to be brought down in line with other abilities.

If we simply made everything more powerful to compensate, then mobs start getting too easy (I've heard superpeds are already too powerful!) and the challenge of the game gets removed.

I like the new content, heck, the T2 stuff has me excited. My character is Lv40 but that doesn't mean I won't get at least SOME XP from doing the new T2-related quests.... even if it only gives me 1-2 levels from all of the quests, it would certainly be more enjoyable than killing the same golems over and over and over and over and over again.

Edit:

To answer the original topic, I'm happy all things considered. I do wish the update would just roll out already, but when it DOES roll out, I want it to be _ready_ and not bug-laden. There are bugs in-game on live servers right now that desperately need fixed, but I suppose I can wait until the next major content update.
    Last edited by Dhalin; February 5th, 2010 at 12:21 AM.

I was here from the beginning, but left after the dryads were found due to some problems with the game itself.. then found out it was the main company that went out.. Fun? this game is really fun... there are many games out there that HOLD your hand... this is totally one that DOES NOT...
    you all know you have to think in this one.. and the content I read they are adding sounds fantastic.. I have played games that hold your hand newer ones at that.. what is the point where they tell you every step of the way?? I just hope they take a lesson from older games and write good stories.. thats what this is like, living a story.. Read the quests... explore every inch a this place.. learn about its lore.. breath deep and see how rich this game is,can and will be.. give them credit for bringing you something so unique and challenging... Fun?? you bet its one of the most fun games out there.. and it mostly depends on what YOU the player make of it and define as fun.. I guess im older and started playing these games when we actually read the tasks and wanted to be different than some game telling us how we are to be.. this game at least you can be barely anything or ALL classes heck make your own class up hybrid part druid part paladin? I dont know where its taking me but I am enjoying every minute of it and not skipping to the high end... cya niknak AKA Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Sometimes nerfs are necessary to maintain balance.

Sometimes an ability is powerful enough, that it needs to be brought down in line with other abilities.

If we simply made everything more powerful to compensate, then mobs start getting too easy (I've heard superpeds are already too powerful!) and the challenge of the game gets removed.
    There is no issue with balance in this game. There never was except for the ped vs. dragon mumbo jumbo. The more effort you put in, the better you become - end of.

The exact same concept is working crafting side too - except they don't get nerfs left and right.

Superpeds? Yeah you heard it from either the dragon or crafting crowd who don't know much of any of that stuff except to go with the flow. I bet you're not much of an adventuring multiclasser, at any decent levels to comment.

The thing I dislike the most about the food is that it has a long delay to use it. Most other actions in the game , for example using a formular to make an item, are basically instant once you "hit the button". Having to use multiple different food items to remove a single death point ends up taking quite a bit of time, most of this time is waiting to be able to "hit the button" again with nothing else happening between.

This is why I generally dont bother to use food for deathpoint removal, I usually just let them time out.

If I had 2 or 3 deathpoints I guess I could make a hotkey to use the food one item after the other with the required "wait" in between each food and then go do something else arround the house for a while but its a bit of a sad way to do things.

Also it is counter to grouping in a way. If the group is defeated and some members end up with quite a few death points and others have perhaps only 1 or 2, the delay to adventuring while the group members with more try to get rid of them, can cause the adventure to be abandoned.

Maybe a way to fix this would be to make the food work faster , but only be usuable while you have the tavern bonus.
    That way there is still the penalty of either coin to buy food or time to make it, and returning to a taven to use food. This would reduce "wasted game time"

Not happy.

I play to roleplay with friends, and that's all.

The crafting system sucks. Yeah yeah, you all think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but only because you don't know any better.

The spawn system makes everything ten times more difficult than it should be.

I can't progress in my current batch of quests because they require many items I am unlikely to be able to obtain because 1) they're only sold on the consigner once in a blue moon and 2) MarketPlace and its corresponding forum do not care to respond to my WTBs.

I'm increasingly irritated with Virtrium, but I'm not specifically concerned about the things previously mentioned in this thread.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I'm mostly happy, I just don't like little annoyances and there's a difference between an annoyance you're used to doing so it doesn't annoy you, or it always WAS that way versus something that was perfectly fine with 0 annoyance factor and a 7 or 8 happiness factor and then that becomes something with a 10 annoyance factor and a 3 happiness factor (positive benefit).

example of little annoyances:

Things that fade quickly and you have to watch the timer and re-click. As it is, I do it for Field of Growth (and i don't mind doing it for that because I'm used to it). I don't wish to add to the things I need to click every x seconds, because eventually it will all clicking and by the time we're done clicking things will have faded already. That to me is a needless annoyance. So, adding things to the click and watch on the bar/hotkey to see if it can be reclicked makes me unhappy.

Promote Vit/Intellect being on a shared timer. It's not a huge thing, it's not a game breaker, but it's just one of those things that I don't like having to wait around for. When I'm buffing up, I like to click, click, wait for 1st to go through, click, click...I don't like click, click, wait for the 1st to go through...wait even longer for x to recycle so that I CAN click it. Then imagine buffing a whole group and waiting that extra time. But, also Determination is now on a shorter delay. This goes in the + column.

I don't like the linked timers on xtals and inability to stack stats/effects that got snuck in or the promotes cancelling out cookies/whiskey

I rarely eat my granny nuffles any more and even more rare is using whiskey.

Salt and glass nodules. Why is the yield so terrible? It's nice to be able to sit on a node for more than 10-15 seconds before having to look for another one.

Nerfs: like most players, I'm not so happy when they come around. I can see the reasons behind some of them, but other times I cannot.

Easy button. I hate this :/ I dislike the dumbing down of the game to make it easier for the lowest common denominator. I don't like things taken away because something else has been made easier.

New content/items. This can be good, but it also can be horrible. It could be that something new is introduced to improve gameplay, but it is rarely balanced for all classes/races; and if the introduction of this also leads to the nerfing of something else...then I usually prefer having things the old way.

I like the crafting system just fine (except for the qty of processed resources that go into food products). I love the multiclassing; it's the only game that allows so much flexibility. I'm ok with grinding.

I'm ok with my cheese moving (sometimes).
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Thread Information