Thread: To all you New Players and Returees...

Default To all you New Players and Returees...

Welcome to Istaria!

I thought it may be good to relate to you fine folks some of the comments I have heard personally from folks just starting to play and from those that played long ago and decided to come back and check it out.

New players will often say things like, "This game has so much to do!" or "I cannot believe this game is not way more popular" or even, "I have played all the other games out there, and you know what? This game is heaven compared to them." I know some will take exception to such statements, so I suggest talk to them yourselves. See what new players think. Find out why they have dropped many other games and decided to play here instead.

What do returning players say? Things like, "after playing a bit, I just can't remember why I ever left" or "I always felt that this game had the best crafting system of any game" and even "With all you can do multi-classing, I just can't decide what to do first!" Many have expressed how much this is like coming home to them.

So what has been your experience?

Are you new? what do you like?

Are you a returning player? What brought you back and keeps you playing?
    Aamer Khan : The Eyes of Istaria : First Herald of Istaria
    Helper to those in need, Guide to the newly gifted, Friend and neighbor to all.

Default Re: To all you New Players and Returees...

Dang. Lost my connection just as I was posting my reply. It was probably too long anyway.

Anyway, the biggest reasons I like this game are the crafting and multiclassing. And the community, of course.

Smile Re: To all you New Players and Returees...

Quote Originally Posted by AamerKhan View Post
    Welcome to Istaria!

So what has been your experience?

Are you a returning player? What brought you back and keeps you playing?
    yes I am a returning player.
    Well I played back in 2004 and played for a couple of years...enjoyed hunting back then ...done very little crafting.
    I tried it back in April of 2009 and found it empty so I left again.
    Decide to try it once more back in Oct. 2009 and met up with an old friend I knew way back. He invited me to the " Scions " guild and I met a couple of old friends there and a lot of new friends. That was what I missed back in April of 2009 lol.
    I got a warm welcome and lots of help to remember what I forgot.
    Now I want to craft more and really enjoy it We hunt quite a bit also.
    I think joining a guild is the answer to returning players and new players.
    Especially new players because they need help and guild members do that well.
    I may stay for a long time

Cheers
    TheRock

Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie, house, back yard. lol

Hey Aamer!!

Returning player here <~~~~~ i came back because i found time for myself, and then i also came back BECAUSE you came back and so i could chillax with you and spend time with you again.. and many other players

well i think that covers me and then but i really enjoy coming into game and seeing all the new people about in guilds and new things. for example Hatch-lings can GLIDE... i only found that out yesterday!!!!

Abs!!!
    Abraxix!!!

I've returned to the game in september 2009. I started playing on the EU ICE server when the game was released. I left Unity after the christmas event was messed up in such way there nolonger was an ingame economy.

So I went to chaos and I got my fiancee to play the game with me. We stopped playing because I didn't want to pay the extra money instead of seeing some improvements. This was a hard choise to make.

I'm glad to see the improvements and to see the game didn't lose it's character.

Thread Information