Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Confectioner - Will we ever get it?

Default Re: Dragon Confectioner - Will we ever get it?

To add Insult to Injury, talk to the Aug tavernkeep. He first recognizes you as a dragon.

He then tells you "If you desire, you may prepare your own food to sell to other patrons..."

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Non derailing part of the post:

I do not want a dragon confectioner. I do not require a dragon made way to remove deathpoints. I do not think we dragon players will ever get one.

I have a few solutions to the problem.

None of these discuss tactics, player skill, or tell anyone their opinion is wrong.

1. Take the time to look at craft schools and completely flesh out a blanaced version of Dragon Confectioner with skill gain per level, recipes, etc. Submit on suggestions.

2. Play a biped to level ones own confectioner to 100.

3. Find a dragon who has spare fish fry's, pies, and ambrosias. No bipeds needed. (pleasse note, I haven't played in a while, if some of those items are attuned they are obviously NOT an option. My mistake, I apologize in advance.
    i appreciate that you took the time to write out a thoughtful set of alternate solutions, few do.

I have trouble taking any one seriously who opens a thread with OBEY ME OR I SHALL REPORT THEE! (Obviously this is not verbatim) I have trouble taking anyone serious who has been a vocal minority about a problem most othrs make due with just fine and expect action to be taken to fix the problem.
    it's mostly that every time i have tried to have an actual discussion about it in the past, i have gotten buried under a pile of "Lolz, wut a luzer, you shud play more l1ek me" posts, reacted with ire, and gotten moderated for it. I don't care to have a repeat of that.

That said, I understand you dislike hte new penalty system. I'm sure the devs and anyone else reading these forums has figured it out too. A new tone and perhaps the word please will work better than demandign things from authority, seems to work that way for me.
    tried that, see above

Constantly making new threads about the "problem' is less likely to get a result and more likely to be flame bait and make you waste time reporting thread derailments.
    first time i've made a thread regarding this in two years, and only dropped a disgruntled line in a few posts.

Also i find it hard to believe the moderators will take action aside from deleting a post or warning someone discussing things on a forum. Opinions and arguements/discussion/debate are what forums are for. Please note: I never once picked on or suggested a change in play style or tactics, my true opinions not withstanding.
    well, they seem thoroughly determined to thoroughly enforce the rules, and the rules include not derailing threads...

anyway, i appreciate that you took the effort to actually write out a thoughtful response instead of slamming me at every line like certain other people on this forum like to do. my intent was to avoid having this thread turn into another thinly-veiled slugfest, and your post comes across as well-thought-out instead, so no, not reporting it ;p
    Last edited by Shur; February 10th, 2010 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    Is there any reason why there can't be dragon-centric recipes instead? I am no RP-er so forgive the suggestion for those that love that style of play and if this sort of thing "just isn't done in the Dragon world", but what about:

"Helian's Lava-Baked Venison"

"Helian's favorite food was always a whole deer encased in a crystal lattice, dipped in the impossible temperature of a lava flow. The cooking time being less than 3 seconds, the lava quickly removes the outer layer of deer leaving the insides hot and steaming. The crunch of a dragon biting through a lava-baked Venison is a sound that sends shivers down Istarians of smaller stature."

and...

"Cows Well Hung"

"The Scourge of Barasavus required enormous quantities of food after his many battles with the lesser races, and one of his favorites was Cows Well Hung. This involved a whole cow carcass left to cure over a lava pit, the smoke and ash naturally preserving the hide while gently cooking the cow. Often this took weeks to mature, but crafty confectioners found ways to greatly speed up the process while maintaining the taste and leathery texture of the meat. "

"While Lunus the Mighty outright refused to purchase any made by the naka-duskael (he once proclaimed that he could smell their scent on the food, which ruined the dining experience), there have been many reports by Confectioners of disappearing produce, punctuated by the flapping of wings and what some have described as a rather evil laugh."

Would anything like this help? Might be a much better chance of getting Dragon-centric recipes added, since a Dragon Confectioner isn't on the agenda.

(song reference: *sings* "We will fight for <pause> Bovine Freedom <pause> and hold our large heads high... We will run free <pause> with the Buffalo, <pause> or dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee )
    Excellent idea.

One thing the OP could do, raise a "slave" 2 legger to do your cooking. Could RP this and essentially craft your own food...

Of all the foods now out, I do think that "Ambrosia" (Food of the Gods) is worthy of Dragon consumption, regardless of who prepares it.

Dev's took out the quest for Spirit Oil. Why not add that back in? It's not like Essence of Blight is falling off trees... it takes ALOT of work to get it now. The regular food is in fact a better way to generally remove a DP. The quest was taken out because Ambrosia was perceived to compete with "food", and while this was true in days past when Essence of Blight was more plentiful and available in many places, it no longer is thanks to the scarcity of the aforementioned Essence of Blight.

Put that quest back in.

It would give the Dragons an RP food.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Of all the foods now out, I do think that "Ambrosia" (Food of the Gods) is worthy of Dragon consumption, regardless of who prepares it.
    Just a pity that not only the oil quest was removed, but also the cooldown timer changed to 1 hour, making it a whole lot less effective then biped food.

Few days ago I used 1 ambrosia for 24 hours reduction and in the following cooldown hour I removed all dp's (6) with regular foods every 5 minutes (had a large variaty of food 5-6 of each type). So while embrosia used to have been strong while on the 10 minute timer and perfect for dp reduction, with the 1 hour timer it is just near useless and for the crafter not worthy of production despite the higher cost of 30+s per item to buy because regular foods are a lot more effective. .
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Greetings

Amon wrote in #4

"Giving Dragons the ability to create their own food completely short-circuits the purpose of the Confectioner revamp... that is, to create dependencies between crafters and adventurers.
    So in a word, no, there are no plans to add Dragon Confectioner or to give Dragons the ability to create their own food."

So in other words one side is the adventurer and the other side is the crafter, that I do understand. But I thought that its about dragons/bipeds?
    Are the bipeds the crafters and the dragon the adventurers?

The interdependency between dragons and bipeds ist often mentioned in this context. But I guess I need a bit more infos about that.
    Not out of mockery or to flame, just out of not knowing:
    What are these interdependecies?
    Where do dragons depend on the biped (e.g. food, some quest materials)?
    Where do bipeds depend on the dragons?

Maybe I missed something all along and didnt noticed that...
    And maybe I am not the only one.
    (And sorry if I misused this threat...Its just that I need more infos to participate in this discussion)

...And maybe I am a wee bit confused
    Xz

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Just a pity that not only the oil quest was removed, but also the cooldown timer changed to 1 hour, making it a whole lot less effective then biped food.

Few days ago I used 1 ambrosia for 24 hours reduction and in the following cooldown hour I removed all dp's (6) with regular foods every 5 minutes (had a large variaty of food 5-6 of each type). So while embrosia used to have been strong while on the 10 minute timer and perfect for dp reduction, with the 1 hour timer it is just near useless and for the crafter not worthy of production despite the higher cost of 30+s per item to buy because regular foods are a lot more effective. .
    I would like to point out those ambrosia will take off 72 hours if used at a large tavern with the 300% bonus buff. Still have the same cool down but much better benefit.

I too found the dependencies on others annoying after a hunting trip. I just took a different track on solving the problem of empty tavern shelves when I had death points to get rid of. The biped servants have been busy, the plot construction was completed this past weekend and now this dragon is the proud owner of her own private tavern. All that is left to do is get the cook out and finish leveling confectioner the rest of the way up. Though I still have a decent stock of ambrosia from the time I cracked the whip at the cook to learn that before it disappeared.

I understand your viewpoint on wanting a dragon confectioner school but I don't see it happening. I know a dragon who wouldn't use the ambrosia either as it would conflict with his rp. We all have choices as to what works for each of us.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I would like to point out those ambrosia will take off 72 hours if used at a large tavern with the 300% bonus buff. Still have the same cool down but much better benefit...
    Actually 24 hours time removal IS using it in a t6 tavern. The default time it removes is still only 8 hours. (i.e. it no longer removes a full dp)

XZ,
    we need bipeds to craft stuff for us for our RoPs.
    We need the biped cooks to produce food and build taverns
    (if we want to get rid of dps that way).
    There are quests that require items , only bipeds can provide us with
    (e.g. Quests around Delgarath)
    There are biped buffs, that are very useful for dragons-some might say necessary
    (e.g. flame/ice for IoI/IoF)
    but bipeds don`t need our buffs.

And that all is allright with me.
    Its a mmorpg- I love to interact with others.
    "Noone is an Island" they say here.
    We do not need apartheid.
    There is enough of that irl.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Xzchatchyk, in regards to what bipeds need for dragons, supposedly they need us for a rare cooking recipe to get Star Anise, but the bipeds I've asked if they want or need any simply reply that they can get it themselves.

Another quest item that I've heard bipeds ask for (although forgive me if I don't remember what the quest was for) is focused crystal.

The only way for a biped to attune to Draak is having a dragon undergo a quest and sponsor the biped. This is more of a sidebar though as there's no reason to go there if one is not helping dragons through their ROP, so more of a dragon dependent on biped for this one...

The needs for dragons extend to the list above in LOV's post.

This is quite a sore spot that bipeds don't need dragons for anything, yet dragons depend on bipeds for their very growth. No biped, no adult, or no ancient, simple as that.

So in fact the dragons who according to lore learned the pathetic cave dwelling biped everything they needed to know in order to become what they are today are themselves too stupid to take care of themselves… Quite logical infact… Quite Istaria…

And people wonder about all the biped vs dragon discussions.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    And people wonder about all the biped vs dragon discussions.

speaking of which, i would like to just pop in and pre-emptively remind everyone that Biped Vs Dragon is not the point of this thread, so try and avoid it. Interdependencies are related, but anything beyond that (armor, damage output, health, whatever) is not.

@ Dragonboy:
    All parents (elders/former generation) teach and educate their children anything they need to know to become what they are now.
    And at a certain point the children/next generation know it better/know more than the elder
    (lets call it-hmm- how about: evolution?^^).
    And the elder look at their children and are proud of them. And proud that they(the elder) did a good job.
    And they enjoy the wisdom that (hopefully) comes with the years, and they enjoy not to have to be the one who knows all/everything better, and pass over most responsibilities to be free, first time in life.
    And yes - at a certain point the elder are too"stupid" to care for themselves.

Even lore can`t change the law of nature
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; February 10th, 2010 at 06:11 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    And yes - at a certain point the elder are too"stupid" to care for themselves.

Even lore can`t change the law of nature
    That would be true only if the elders become older, senile and no young ones are hatched.

The fact remains that there is absolutely no inter dependence in the game as has become quite clear in the earlier posts.
    For quests like the Drain Bolt which is partly derived from biped magic I can understand, but for food or (A)RoP it is just strange.

Bipeds are independent through multiclassing and dragons are eternally dependent. Where is the interdependence in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Actually 24 hours time removal IS using it in a t6 tavern. The default time it removes is still only 8 hours. (i.e. it no longer removes a full dp)
    *sigh* Sorry about that, can't get in game (order) to check what things are labeled. I was just thinking one ambrosia equals one day.

Dracaena

Thread Information