Thread: Hi, I'm kinda new here

Smile Hi, I'm kinda new here

Heard about this game on another forum and I liked the look of it. Ok, that and I get to play as a dragon! :P lol.

Anyway, I finally tried out the 14 day trial (had to wait til they got the game to work on Vista), and I must say, I like this game.

Sure it's a bit trickier (is that even a word?) then World of Warcraft, but that gives it a certain... I don't know... charm? that I really enjoy. The graphics are beautifully done, the controls are fairly easy to work once you get used to them, and the crafting and adventuring are pretty darn cool too.

But I do have two questions: Will the players ever be able to swim? And is there any way to complete a quest using materials you've already gathered, instead of having to go get new ones every time?

Default Re: Hi, I'm kinda new here

Swimming = dont think so or dragons would be like sharks lol

cant answer your second question

Welcom to istaria
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Welcome to Istaria I hope you're happy here for a long time to come

Welcome Flamestar. We don't get to swim here, but the upside is we can run off the mountain top to the valley below without a scratch.

Quests that require you to craft certain things or gather/kill certain things with a _counter_ on it wouldn't count what you might have done before picking up the quest. Just the way things work. So be sure to grab that quest before you head out.

Welcome aboard and glad you are having fun. New player channel is a good place to go for questions that come up when you are playing too.

Best wishes,

Dracaena

welcome Flamestar i agree with you on charm thing though i have never tried WoW, glad you have decided to stay with us, what shard are you on?

by the way if your quest has a 0/20 or what ever number after it you do HAVE to get new resorces, if it says like .. bring (instert dragon trainers name here) 4 dim essence orbs.

then you can buy them or use ones you already have.

Well, I was on the Chaos Shard while I had the 14 day trial, but I don't know if my dragon will still be there when I get a paid subscription.

I heard a rumor that dragons can "fly" underwater. Can they? That sounds cool, and seems like it would be just like swimming.

and thanks to you all for your nice welcomes

btw, How do you take those cool screenshots I keep seeing around here?
    Last edited by flamestar; February 16th, 2010 at 02:34 AM.

I am on the chaos shard as well

and you have heard correct we can fly underwater but we still start to drown, and you have to be careful.

to take screenshots you simply go like you would to exit the game click the little blue sphere then go to camera, when that window pops up you can click the little camera to take a screen shot. and also move the view around your character

The screenshot the goes to your Istaria files.. mine are located under My Computer/Program Files/Istaria/Screenshots
    should be where ever you installed the game to.

I recently figured out how to "toggle my interface" this makes all the windows go off the screen so all you see is the world around you by just pressing a key on your keyboard. You can access this by going to that blue sphere again and then to options and selecting the tab Key Bindings.. scroll down quite a ways and find Toggle Interface click the upper box and press the key you would like to use.. for me I use the / on my number key pad, also be sure to find the one that says Screen Shot so when you are toggled you can still take screenie.. for mine I use te * on the key pad so they are right next to eachother.

happy photography ^^

Welcome!! Your draggie should still be there, by the way

Unless they've fixed it, occasionally the oceans and whatnot will glitch out and won't load, so bipeds can, theoretically, run between continents...it could have been fixed though lol While annoying, it can be fun...that is, until it loads over your head and you're too far out to run back before you drown...not that this happened to me >.> <.< >.<

Anywho...welcome!
    I am known as Morriana Morrigan and Kyairthwen Swordsong on Order
    Cedric: I complain about lack of roleplay.
    DM Kami: I'll get to you.
    Ganshiel: You are going to be eaten by the demon queen Malkuth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyairthwen View Post
    Welcome!! Your draggie should still be there, by the way

Unless they've fixed it, occasionally the oceans and whatnot will glitch out and won't load, so bipeds can, theoretically, run between continents...it could have been fixed though lol While annoying, it can be fun...that is, until it loads over your head and you're too far out to run back before you drown...not that this happened to me >.> <.< >.<

Anywho...welcome!
    Actually it still happens a lot to me when I arrive near the water with all 3 graphic slides at lowest settings.
    While as dragon I dont really mind the water I still thought I mention it.

Ow yeah you can indeed fly in the water as dragon, but if you are carrying a dragon flying disk it will be detached and hoover above the water the moment you get the breath indicator.

Ow yeah and another funny thing... If you want to jump with an Adult or Ancient dragon equip any biped usable disk, you will be able to jump that way without using the hopping emote.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Actually it still happens a lot to me when I arrive near the water with all 3 graphic slides at lowest settings.
    While as dragon I dont really mind the water I still thought I mention it.

Ow yeah you can indeed fly in the water as dragon, but if you are carrying a dragon flying disk it will be detached and hoover above the water the moment you get the breath indicator.

Ow yeah and another funny thing... If you want to jump with an Adult or Ancient dragon equip any biped usable disk, you will be able to jump that way without using the hopping emote.
    Cool! Wait.... you can't jump as an Adult or Ancient??? Oh, and what do you mean about the cargo disks? There are different types? And does it still follow you when it floats on the water?

Btw, is it possible to change your dragon's color after you create it? You know, if you get tired of that color pattern but don't want to make a new one?

Man I'm just full of questions today... Hope you guys don't mind. If I ramble and question something alot, it means I really like it. Go figure huh?

*chuckle* We have always told the hatchlings to enjoy being a hatchling because adults can't jump. This started way before ancient was a possibility, and I was rather surprised when I awoke this summer to find a "hop" emote.

Most cargo disks you find on the market have a flight height of 0. The exception are the dragon crafted flying disks which you are able to learn how to make when you reach lv20 dragoncrafter. You will have to go visit the dragon tinker on the bluff above New Rachival and do his quest. As a safety mechanism if you are in water over your head the disk automatically grounds itself so it will be left at the point the breath bar popped up. And as much as my dragon loves the water she never tried to drag the super mondo cargo anchor though the water.

Chose well when you make your dragon on the creation screen. If you decide you hate something about it, the only option is make a new dragon. That is one thing you should never rush. And don't get discouraged when the game times you out on creation window. Take advantage of the numbered settings and keep track of your work so you can set it back up on a relog and continue where you left off.

Dracaena

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, flame!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thanks guys for the help and the greetings.

*serves flamestar some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Welcome to Istaria Flamestar!

Blog Entries

Welcome to Istaria! I think we still have cakes and cookies.

Hmm - was quickly reviewing the thread and may have missed it - but F12 - will give you a screenshot .. Welcome to Istaria - I hope you find it as enjoyable place to live as those who have been here for multiple years.

also - you can use /toggleui to turn the ui off .. to turn it on again - you have to hit H - to open a new chat window - then use /toggleui again to restore your UI - else you can assign it to a key as someone else mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    also - you can use /toggleui to turn the ui off .. to turn it on again - you have to hit H - to open a new chat window - then use /toggleui again to restore your UI - else you can assign it to a key as someone else mentioned
    Cool thanks

Greetings! I hope you like it in Istaria. ^^

I have been around for almost two years, and I have an ancient...it took me two months to get to adulthood! But I was lazy...so don't fear! I have seen people get to adulthood in nine days!

Well enough of my babble, welcome home!

Thread Information