Thread: Hoard Price

Default Hoard Price

What is the going price for hoard on the cosigners?

Default Re: Hoard Price

Take the hoard value and divide it by 3 to 4 for the selling price in copper.

For example 24000 hoard = 6000 to 8000 cp, which 6s to 8s. Sells better at the 6s price.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Take the hoard value and divide it by 3 to 4 for the selling price in copper.

For example 24000 hoard = 6000 to 8000 cp, which 6s to 8s. Sells better at the 6s price.
    I thaught hord was always the hoard value divided in half so 2k hoard is 1s, but I have been away for about a year and just returning now, shows how far out of date i am

Just the other day I saw quite a range of prices for hoard on the new trismus consignor, on the low end it was below 10%, on the high end 50%. Pretty easy to tell whats going to sell. 50% is too high though (chance are you will rarely sell any).

Quote Originally Posted by Dartshadow View Post
    I thaught hord was always the hoard value divided in half so 2k hoard is 1s, but I have been away for about a year and just returning now, shows how far out of date i am
    Yes, I also remember that from the last time I played. 1/3 to 1/4 seems to be the norm now but I also think they are dropping more often now.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Hoard drops like candy.

Now we can hoard gems etc.....

I cant see why anyone would buy hoard......

*boggles*

Quote Originally Posted by SwordMage View Post
    Yes, I also remember that from the last time I played. 1/3 to 1/4 seems to be the norm now but I also think they are dropping more often now.
    Ya seems they are dropping more often now, and even pawnbrokers buy them, and they sell at half or more than the hoard value, they buy at about 1/4 the hoard value, depending on the item and the tier pawnie ya use

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

buy hoard? BUY hoard? buy HOARD???
    do peeps really do that? i can't say i have ever charged or been charged for hoard.....
    can't even remember if i have ever even heard of it, at least on blight....

what confuses me is not why would someone buy hoard, but why someone would sell it.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    buy hoard? BUY hoard? buy HOARD???
    do peeps really do that? i can't say i have ever charged or been charged for hoard.....
    can't even remember if i have ever even heard of it, at least on blight....

what confuses me is not why would someone buy hoard, but why someone would sell it.....
    As a low level character, the extra silver from selling horde goes a long way towards paying for the extra vault space. I guess as a biped I could just throw it on the pawnbroker, but I figure there will be dragons who need that extra little bit (like for ROP).

Or are you reflecting the basic divide between a capitalist and communist world view: why sell it when you can give it away?
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by SwordMage View Post
    As a low level character, the extra silver from selling horde goes a long way towards paying for the extra vault space. I guess as a biped I could just throw it on the pawnbroker, but I figure there will be dragons who need that extra little bit (like for ROP).

Or are you reflecting the basic divide between a capitalist and communist world view: why sell it when you can give it away?
    comrade, we are very capitalistic communists on blight!
    okay i guess i can see that....altho if you were on blight, we would prolly just give the coin as well as the hoard away.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I regulary bought (when I needed it) and buy (to support the seller) hoard.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I tend to sell at the 15% range, meh human. I stockpile in vault till have a bunch to make more efficient use of slots. Gets more then pawn would. Also gave a bunch away, tho not recently, as advertising so people will recall name when buying stuff of the connie. Haven't since the last drak I offered to turned the snout up saying he wouldn't take any freebies. Guess he thought it would obligate. Foolish, not like I'm gonna chase some1 round to form a group of sumpin. Or considering how bad I am with names, even recall who it was I gave crap too. ..... Me ramble, chi-kow

Sleel

Considering how many bipeds and even some dragons are giving away free hoard I'm surprised anyone bothers to buy it on the connies. At least on Chaos server anyway. There seems to be always someone in the dragon or new player chat offering free hoard after they been adventuring. Lot of hoard drops too from the mobs. I can't count how many times I've gotten free hoard from others. I see no reason to buy it. Maybe if the dragon population continues to grow.

Sold off everything I put up. Like I said, I hold it till get a bunch of a type, generally 20 before I put on connie. Seems the dragons find the 15-20% range attractive. Made bout 25 to 30 silver in the last day, paid for my vault upgrades. Still will give away freebies, but only occasionally as advertising to keep my name in mind. Or to those I've befriended/got favours from. Saving up me shekels for when I get a plot and start building. Now to just find 'the plot'.

Sleel

Thread Information