Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deleting charecters??

Exclamation deleting charecters??

How do i delete chars? I went here: https://play.istaria.com/

But i cant log in...i know my Username and pass is right but it wont let me log in please help me.

Default Re: deleting charecters??

it is account name I believe not yr username which was email address of record.

Knossos

I had issues a few days ago when trying to log in on the site using email & username, its just occurred again so all I can assume is that they are working on the site

Not emali address at all it is your account name for username and your password for password.

Knossos

E-mail address is the newer thing.

I can log in with my old account name also.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Been 2 days now and neither username, nor email address seems to be working to log into character management on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Just checked at https://play.istaria.com and as per Creme's experience I cannot open site for such things as plot summary, construction available or deletion of character, Suppose a trouble ticket might result in character deletion help and/or reinstatement of site functionality.

Knossos

I too was just trying to delete a character and encountered the same problem. A friend of mine tested and they could also NOT log into the website.

I have tried with 4 web browsers and the use of both email AND username to try and log in. So it really isn't working...

Having the exact same issue, however early last night I was able to login and put a few characters up for a Blight copy. Wonder whats going on..
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Blog Entries

It does seem like the site is indeed down. Though I am getting nothing on improper email/username or password, it is more like acting it is not responding to any form of commands.

This means that either the site is probably under maintance or they decoupled something to not allow access into the area for some reason. Either the are upgrading the system or the website itself.

It is always hard to say what could be going on, after all this game has been through several fire-storms and some near massive explosions. I am sure whatever the situation is, it will get resolved shortly.

Default Re: deleting characters??

i have had problems since thursday night.
    i put in a ticket saturday i think.. maybe friday night and have not had a response

Default Re: deleting characters??

Looks like a session issue, im sure it'll get sorted out when they notice it again (was broke then fixed then broke again)

I logged in fine this moring, changed one of my subs, and logged out. No problems. Now, 12 hours later, the page won't even load for me. WTH?
    Please Virtrium fix this asap, as it will mean no subs from new players otherwise......

Same with me. Resubbed last night, can log in to account management no problem but cant log in to character management. wanted to delete a character and make a new one to run through new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Azraiel View Post
    Same with me. Resubbed last night, can log in to account management no problem but cant log in to character management. wanted to delete a character and make a new one to run through new content.
    In the meantime use the stand alone launcher to create new characters. This part still works I tried it last night.

Cannot login on the secured login either
    moes / Elberdil / Andurel / Aniscia

Blog Entries

I do know on the site at play.istaria.com it is saying when you log in to use the stand alone launcher as the site is no longer supporting such things.

Again, this either tells me they are working on some changes, or they are getting ready to fix up the launcher to handle everything(which would be nice).

I attempt to log in through the site in order to delete one of my own characters, and I get this (seen underneath the phrase: PLEASE USE STAND ALONE LAUNCHER ) :

Your user name and password were not found.

The only thing I can think of is that in the process of moving things over to the launcher instead of the website, they took out the server that handles website logins for whatever reason. However, I cannot find an option in the login launcher that allows you to delete characters.

Therefore, my question is: How do we delete character(s) when we cannot access the website nor do so from the launcher?

Efinarcai Guarisart and Kyatra Dahk-- Order Server

Quote Originally Posted by ConveyusPrime View Post
    Therefore, my question is: How do we delete character(s) when we cannot access the website nor do so from the launcher?
    For now, do'nt worry about deleting the characters. Just make the new one and play. Can delete the old one in a week or 2 if you must once they fix that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    For now, do'nt worry about deleting the characters. Just make the new one and play. Can delete the old one in a week or 2 if you must once they fix that site.
    I have a dragon I'm perfectly happy with--this character in my case is a brand-new alt that I was going to (re)move since I have all 3 character slots taken up. But there's no rush for me, either way.

Efinarcai Guarisart and Kyatra Dahk-- Order Server

Thread Information