Thread: new ideas

Talking new ideas

1. Mermaid Character?

2. more info in the items, IE the items u can use or that are your char type have colored text, and/or more information in the descriptions. a way to track your quests...like a bright colored light or something showing active quests and something indicating new quests? better map and a indicator in the map showing active quests. and npc's with quests.

Whatcha think?

Default Re: new ideas

1 - since we don't have swimming this would be rather probably impossible. Plus with the limited size of the dev team, an entirely new race needing specific gear designs is also probably impossible.

2 - While I support more info. on the items. I don't agree in the quest hand-holding that you see in other games. Now, I don't mind the ! over quest givers heads now at all (thank you for that actually) - I wish ? was over the NPCs I have to turn those quests in at!

But I don't even know if the map would be capable of displaying quest NPCs or quest locations in the way you're meaning. I know it shows dots for NPCs and players - but I don't know if the mechanic is possible where it would show something for an NPC with a quest.

I think that would be helpful. But I don't agree with any ideas like showing on the map where you need to go for the quest. I think this is better given in more complete quest descriptions, and not just "go to lit up area you don't even need to know what you're doing."

If that made sense..
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

2 - While I support more info. on the items. I don't agree in the quest hand-holding that you see in other games. Now, I don't mind the ! over quest givers heads now at all (thank you for that actually) - I wish ? was over the NPCs I have to turn those quests in at!

But I don't even know if the map would be capable of displaying quest NPCs or quest locations in the way you're meaning. I know it shows dots for NPCs and players - but I don't know if the mechanic is possible where it would show something for an NPC with a quest.

I think that would be helpful. But I don't agree with any ideas like showing on the map where you need to go for the quest. I think this is better given in more complete quest descriptions, and not just "go to lit up area you don't even need to know what you're doing."

I agree acually with what u said. much better then my ideas sooo forget my ideas whats everyone else think?

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

If that made sense..

My problem with that is 2 fold...1) The quest givers who give you no description of where to go to complete your task. I am cool with the "Give enough description in the quest dialog to know what you are doing" part of what you say but frankly right now they do not always do that. A great example is the quest Gerix sends Hatchlings on to go kill Bronze Golems...That is about all he tells them too. They have NO clue the things are waaaay off in Parsinia.

2) The quests that expect you to find a location to trigger the event. Like the one to kill Sand Pygmies in NT...Considering I found the Sand Pygmies easily without following the directions, which were convoluted, I should have been able to just kill the monsters...but no...I had to go stand in one particular invisible spot without knowing where it was. I had to have someone dig up the Coordinates for me. THAT needs to be listed on the map...or better yet, let us not HAVE any "Stand in this specific spot" quests unless the spot is an actual land mark like the Step Pyramid in Sslanis or the like.

And I agree on both points, Shinkuu. But if no one reports these sort of things (and you haven't reported them because there's no quest name, in what you're saying here), there's nothing we can do to make any changes because we aren't aware of the issues. There are about a thousand quests in the database at this point. Some of them no longer available, granted, but that's still too much to go through one by one just to check if they should be re-worked.

But if someone says "In the quest "Go jump in a lake and kill water elementals" I have to actually go to almost exactly 109232, 34234 for the quest to update before I can kill the water elementals," then one of us can open up that quest and quickly and easily change it so that going to the location is an optional step.

I admit I am a bit confused here. I have seen some of these very things discussed (and complained about) here on the forum before, e.g. the vague directions for killing bronze golems as a hatchling. Are we supposed to use a ticket to suggest or complain about all of these sorts of things? I don't understand how we can help you better know about these things if not on the forums here. If this is NOT the proper place, then my suggestion is to please make it crystal clear on where we are supposed to report (suggest) changes. Should I submit this as a ticket?

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Thread Information