Thread: Archer classes

Default Archer classes

Hi all ,

after being gone for a long time (over a year this last break)

ive decided to rejoin the ranks of the gifted

my original toon is a Sslik with druid/bldm/hlr/warrior/mage at 100

I've decided to let him sit and relearn the game all over again , so i started up a little scout with the plans being ranger or elemental archer, just to see the game from a different perspective

im having a bit of trouble finding any resources or advice , ive checked the wikis, and the crimsondawn forums.

is there any advice from current players concerning the archer classes? what classes mutliclass well with a archer?

my goal is not to solo crazy amounts of mobs etc, my old toon can do that just fine. Id just like to slowly explore the world again and make pincushions out of undead before they can get to me.

thanks

Mitzee
    archer in training

Default Re: Archer classes

i started as scout and loved archery from the get-go. i wanted to be able to rez, though, so i multiclassed with cleric - a smart thing for the heals you get. then i found that scout cannot cast rez so i went for ranger (which can) and found druid to be fun too.

mostly i stay in ranger class now; i've got druid at max, cleric near max, and mage at just over 70 'cause i wanted the fire/ice/energy attack spells. my fighting style usually involves scouting for a safe place to stand and drawing nasties to me one at a time, if i can.

i love exploring the land and coming at things from unexpected angles. i hope you have a grand time rediscovering istaria :-) if you're on order shard, new player and marketplace are usually good places to get answers to any questions you may have. good hunting! :-)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, smoo!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I usually run as Elemental Archer, level 100, also have cleric at 100 so I can self buff and do some healing, with 50ish levels of mage. There's probably a better mix but I love it, lol.

thanks for the warm welcome and the advice. Im close to 20 on the scout so ill have to decide soon, i may just do cleric to 20 as well before i decide

both ranger and ele archer look fun, hard to decide

beautiful thing, you don't have to decide... you can take scout up and then use the extra bow skill to enhance the start up of your prestige class :-)

Thread Information