Thread: Developer's Desk: Special Edition Discussion

Default Developer's Desk: Special Edition Discussion

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on our Special "Scourge of the Skulks" Developer's Desk.

Developer's Desk Special Edition

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Developer's Desk: Special Edition Discussion

While i love the comments about new structures on our plots (hopefully more racial buildings) its gonna ruin me having to redesign my plot again

Oh and i love the new vid, nice to see my hatchie has a close up

GREAT new vid!
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

A really great job

1 question to the video.

Why are you useing banshee as a player spell? It was also used to the video when the beta was comming, and still being used, but we cant use the spell in game or you maybe planning it??
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Loved the video! <points> Look! I made a tiny little cameo in there!

Dracaena

The video was far more than I ever expected. Great job on this folks! Really great job! *is extremely impressed*!!!!!

And yet, noone commented!!!

Except me!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Why are you useing banshee as a player spell? It was also used to the video when the beta was comming, and still being used, but we cant use the spell in game or you maybe planning it??
    Yeah, take out the Banshee spell bit in the video, unless a player or mob is going to be using it.

Is Rick still in charge ?
    I Noticed several times be it typo or management change the Use of the word "Her" had me wondering where has rick gone

One other thing
    Now that the Major work is done whats the word on the devs getting intuch with there Impish side and every ones fav request... the return of the old Fashion beat down with the blight (Rads)
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Is Rick still in charge ?
    I Noticed several times be it typo or management change the Use of the word "Her" had me wondering where has rick gone
    No changes with Rick. He is the quiet one behind the scenes. Pulling the strings and pushing the levers while hiding behind the curtains....

You have to watch those quiet ones. They actually do things when other people are sitting around talking.
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Yeah, take out the Banshee spell bit in the video, unless a player or mob is going to be using it.
    I agree, showing off something that is not accessable by players, or when mobs don't use it, is not a great idea. It creates the impression that the only purpose of the video is to lure new players in with shiny things, and when they get ingame and ask for that famous spell in the video, they get the answear that the spell is not accessable by players, and also not used by monsters; and so those people feel lied and cheated to, that is probably not a good start. It is not like there are epic spells out that can be used, showing off Shining Blades, Dark Cyclone or Burning Archer would have been a better choice.

Funny thing is a saw once Kaa use Fury of the Power Demon, oh and good old Nazderon did use the Soul Gate spell, those would have been also okay to show off.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ok the Video is great and its realy nice to see that the promotionunit of Istaria has come back to life again.

Still i've canceled my autosubscribtion 5 day ago and the reason is simple. The last patches.

* Formulars are to expensive and cant be armortisiert till new are needet by advencing, in addition to the fact that you dont even all you forms by the trainer and must accept formular junk on the gambling mashines. New people have difficulties to advens in this game and will leef again. Thereby can you create the best Video even in 3D HD. Old peolpe get hit right in to there face if the stand before the porter and cant port to where there where porting allread several times. The mad have a highter crafterclass as Adventure because of plot building, but are unabel now to continuing there work on the plot because they can not walk to the city to unlock the gate because of there lower ADV Level....
    Allso i've heart that you have cut on the quatity of the trophies. You allow only 7 Charts if you dissabel allmost the to let have more ADV classes by one chart the Intrest of the game end soon after the reetch of the Endlevel allway was - allway will be.
    Noone fights 1h for "one Trophy".
    You've changed Names of mobs and changed the formular needs as well but the droppings not all, well there some have appollojized for it ok but it was not the first time...
    Plots who can have one you have mengered them and now, allmost non are taken. Now its not just takes long time till ou see advences on the plot and lears wich has uncoraged many builders, no now there are that expensive that many playes dont take one. My friends have quitt the game now to they hade this to times in europe. Some of us will not only build we also want to use them.
    Such reaction was not the first time, dont you love ou game anymore ? Or doe you realy not learn at all from the past.
    Players will allway go and new come (hopefully).
    But to say it more clear you patches have cost in the last 3 month on intire Guild, if this is not telling ou somethings ou can ask my comment anytime you want it still will not help you.

ITS YOUR GAME BUT WHAT WILL THIS HELP YOU IF NOONE PLAYS IT AND IN THE FUTURE WILL SAY "AH ITS FROM THEM; FORGET IT WHAT IS GOOD WILL NOT LAST LONG"

...now, if only the old ancient models had bee used, the video would really have showed people some "mighty ancient dragons"...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    ...now, if only the old ancient models had bee used, the video would really have showed people some "mighty ancient dragons"...
    Ah, the painful old talks...

Anyway it's better if they show the unimpressive small ancient model which is truly playable than the awesome but taboo bigger model. Otherwise people will feel cheated once they want to become ancient and get the small thing.

*Still unable to understand why ancients had to be made small back at the time, but who knows*
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

only new ones are "truly playable"..?

is there another link for the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OivWNS8r8Nk

shows me an error

hmm- works perfect for me

(hol dir mal die anderen Istaria clips rein- und versuche es von dort aus anzuklicken)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I did enjoy the video, since it shows that Istaria still is alive. It is a little bit slow on showing things, but still impressiv. For that banshee spell, who knows, maybe it will be thrown in sometime, I like the looks of it.
    My feeling for Istaria says, that the community is what really counts. Sure, I love being able to play as a dragon, but really keeps me to it is the really, really friendly people.
    But, back on topic, the video is made wonderfully. I look foward to Istaria developing further in the future, whatever things it may hold. :3

Thread Information