Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We got your email but why we wont come back.

Default We got your email but why we wont come back.

Hello,
    We played this game from the start. There was one problem that we had way back when and that is things don't show up as they seem...

Let me explain. So I'm standing next to my wife in game. I take off down the road and run into some mobs. I start attacking. My wife isn't helping. I say to her I'm getting killed here... How about some help... She said help with what..?
    your standing there...she said... I say no im not!!!! I'm getting killed!!! she said no your standing here.. I look at her computer.. I see my guy standing there...

ok... so my brother joins the game hes in a differnt state he plays with me...
    Same thing...

We quit this game in hopes one day with better internet and computers it will run right...
    year or two later we try again...
    We run down the road .. see nothing... we stop.. all of the sudden from an empty area to rage full of monsters .. adds that had been following us are all around us and kill us .. were like WTF!

So again we try your game after another year or more in hopes for a good running game....

We make new characters we look at eachothers computer and to this day its the same thing... 8 megbit dsl... quad core... sli... and still the " are you with me or not???"
    Every and I mean Every game we have played in the mean time have run right.. you see where eachothers characters are.. but not this game...

Now on one note.. In a game we were playing Horizons was the topic EVERYONE said the same thing.. It is a great game but dosen't display eachothers characters right and its to frusting to play..

So It's simple If you want to get your player base back... as I stated before and got Flamed in horizons years ago... fix the lagg and you will have a player base once again...

for what its worth....

Default Re: We got your email but why we wont come back.

Sure thing ... they will get right on it as soon as your check for 10 mill clears the bank

/rant on

Don't attack the people that saved this game and community

you must understand Horizon / Istaria was brought back from the brink of death 2 years ago yes there showing "profit" but by no-means in my mind and with the econime the way it is are they going to spend Millions to get a mass server overhaul Unless the community seriously starts Donating like 200 $ per person eather way it just not going to happen i can play it Just fine and i am dame good at it 2

Personal i am very happy with what they have done with there limited (Well not so limited i guess ) resources Economy is tight the company where there based in and i know for a fact caus i live 45 min away from there office Is so far down the shiter we are getting IOU from the government next year

So its not there fault its the times

So long thanks for playing

/rant off

Suggestion move to rants
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thank you very much for your input, Palaxe.

Its important to hear, that this prob still exists that massivly.

I experienced that myself, and a befriended couple had that too.
    It occured, when people`s comps stand too close together (ok- that is what I found out- moving comps did help- at least for us).

We hope, that nevertheless, you will give Istaria a try again.

And pls understand the passionate answer of my Lunus-brother:
    Istarian vet-players went through hard times together, and we love our home and our gods
    We still have lags here-but we`ve learned to live with that.
    And its much better than it was before.

See you in the future? (we shall be there- long live Istaria^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It even happens to me when I am logged twice on 1 computer. This game is just a little weird sometimes.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

With me it's like a delay of a few seconds, so nothing serious.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sorry you had that prob, pal - i have been playing for many moons and don't remember ever having that prob.....
    the gods have done much work on the lag prob...not sure that mob can ever be truly slain, but they have cut it down considerably (almost happy to have to go to lagzoon these days).....

whatever you decide to do, thanx for coming back again and giving us another try!
    you are most welcome home, for however long you decide to be with us!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Istarian Lag is nowhere near as bad as it was in the past.

Of course, I'm on Order which is a lower population server than Chaos, but surely the lag isn't even as bad over there?

Either way...

With the more powerful computers nowadays and improvements made to the game, GPU lag is nonexistant (most decent gaming computers can effortlessly pull off 60+ Frames Per Second, mine gets 45 in Tazoon!) and Network Latency has not been that bad lately. The occasional lag spike, sure, but it isn't THAT bad.

And as far as "stuff not appearing", have you ever played WoW?

If so... go to Dalaran and stand right outside one of the Inns. Watch people pop around you. Heck, watch yourself take a walk down the street, where you can't even see your own character.

FFXI did this even worse. Half of all the characters weren't even displayed while you were in combat in places like Dynamis.

Other games have the "invisible character" problem just-as-bad, if not worse, than Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Sure thing ... they will get right on it as soon as your check for 10 mill clears the bank

/rant on

Don't attack the people that saved this game and community

you must understand Horizon / Istaria was brought back from the brink of death 2 years ago yes there showing "profit" but by no-means in my mind and with the econime the way it is are they going to spend Millions to get a mass server overhaul Unless the community seriously starts Donating like 200 $ per person eather way it just not going to happen i can play it Just fine and i am dame good at it 2

Personal i am very happy with what they have done with there limited (Well not so limited i guess ) resources Economy is tight the company where there based in and i know for a fact caus i live 45 min away from there office Is so far down the shiter we are getting IOU from the government next year

So its not there fault its the times

So long thanks for playing

/rant off

Suggestion move to rants
    Flamed again.. just like years ago as I stated!
    Nod Head!!!
    Some things never change... Nod Head!!!

Everyone else Thank you for your encouraging words. It sounds like it is a lot better then it was a year ago.

I tend to come across some random lag spikes/delay whenever I'm hunting, it mainly occurs if I "mass pull", it turns out that the more mobs/npcs around you the less likely you are to see them and the more delay appears.. This is almost a killer if you need to heal because your health takes a few seconds before it updates.

However I always come back to horizons, its always a game that I enjoy playing and can live with the lag (although some days I do get a bit annoyed by it lol) but it is mainly my fault by pulling so many..

I would suggest playing with your graphics at minimum, you don't really need the max settings unless you want to see the spell effects and the color of the mobs..

I think I know what you are seeing.

In the example you gave, where your wife was standing there, and she did not see you move, I believe this happened because her client wasn't asking for position updates. Now what I have found that works around this is to simply not stand completely still all the time. Side-step once, and simply move a little bit. This seems to get the client to resend its position to the server and then the server reports back with updates.

So all she would have had to do is move a bit, and then she would see your character zip down the road, see the mobs, etc. As long as there is movement this bug doesn't happen. It can be annoying for sure.

Something similiar can happen in big, long drawn out fights. When you and/or the monster do not move for several minutes, the client stops getting updates as often as it should. Effect is the mobs health doesn't show to be dropping (even though it really is) and groupmembers may not see other groupmembers health dropping. Again, just the ocassional slight movement on my part seems to keep this from happening.

I know that several dev's have been hard at work improving client performance, adding vista compatibility, etc. Perhaps the dev's can look into why this happens?

I should probably have tried reporting this myself, I just have known how to work around it for so long that it doesn't cause me much issue anymore.

Guaran, this sounds so logical!
    Thanks for sharing

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

palaxe,

Welcome back to Istaria! I am glad to see you have returned to give us a try, but I am saddened to hear that your experiences were less than stellar. I would be very interested in knowing where you were playing this time around and had issues with spawns and lag. We work hard to resolve issues as we can and to try and be responsive to our customer's concerns.

Again, let me welcome you back and I hope you find what you are seeking and stay a while.

Amon and the Virtrium Team
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nod Head!!!
    With all due respect, I don't think you were "flamed".

We're just telling you that Istaria is better than it ever was.

It was never my intention to flame you at all! I doubt the person you quoted was meaning to flame you either.

I know that on Blight I'm able to walk around the rift on 2 ancients one leading the other 1 on auto-follow and never had 1 fall that way , (well other then now the rift is/was broken you can't get to it ), So I would say the lag is alot less then before
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by palaxe View Post
    Nod Head!!!

Everyone else Thank you for your encouraging words. It sounds like it is a lot better then it was a year ago.
    Ok ... some one did not do the harden scales quest

Point of the post is lag and your connection to the server or c2s is just 1 factor in the game mechanics you must truly learn how to fight with what littel lag we have left and yes it is indeed little Porting with windows 7 could be worked on a bit but epi has yet to die since our return to this promise land by lag delay load or any other c2s issue

and sorry if i miss interpreted your original post it sounded like you where Flaming the people that saved this land put there time energy and effort to fix what was destroyed by the dark age . being lunus naturally this spiked my scales
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog
    (well other then now the rift is/was broken you can't get to it )
    Is this recent? Because on live shards, I've been able to get to the rift without any problem. Have you greeted V'Tieru (I think that's his name), he's supposed to attune the portal in the council of ancients chamber to allow you to port to the rift. If you have already greeted him, the location at which you approach the gate is key to getting into the rift.

As for lag, I'm playing on XP and there are some areas, when entering into the "zone" that I notice issues. I think this is largely due to the number (or types) of mobs that are spawning. I made the run from the pad on Alged to where the Machine of Inhibition is and I was running through molasses once I hit the first
    "temple" and the mobs started spawning.

There are other locations, but this one comes to mind as it was most recently encountered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I'm going to let my wife explain where we were all the differnt times it happend. She might be better at explaining then I would be. Thanks for all yoru posts. It has been very helpful.

Another "new" lag- zone:

At the end of Faffnirs road at the gate into blights.
    Strange things happen around this area: If you fight one single mob (blight hound, AoE, aso, you will find youself dead on the ground- killed by up to 5 Aegors who sneaked in while there was lag (sure you did not see them come)
    That happens regulary- Flame, Vasi and me tested.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Lag - the secret weapon of the withered Aegis ..

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

'(Withered Aegis) casts Improved Lag Bolt V'

Thread Information