Thread: Loot Drop

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Loot Drop

Would it be possible for you to check the coding for loot drops?
    I know you've only been altering T2 loot tables but recently i and others have noticed long 'runs' of zero loot from mobs.

I just killed 1 emerald golem which gave a gem trophy and an Emerald Golem Core? i thought these only dropped when you had the quest asking for it.
    After this thou i killed 11 more emerald golems and got zero loot, not even blighted tablets. Thats alot of killing for nothing.
    I switched to Giant fire beetles and i'm finding the same with these, a bit of loot then a long run of nothing, even from Lorgus. now to kill a boss and get nothing is ironic to say the leaste

Default Re: Loot Drop

Many mobs will have a chance to drop nothing. but the Emerald did have a higher chance.. higher than normal. But this is the first I've heard about it. Nobody reported it while it was on Blight and its been there since October.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

In the 'chats' its been discussed but normally just gets passed off as 'a run of bad luck'.
    Alot dont get reported from Blight as we see when it hits live
    Just that on the 'now and then' scale its happening more 'now' than 'then' and not just to the emeralds.
    Not a big game issue but its not like im hunting for the xp anymore

I can confirm that this seems to be the case...across all tiers of mobs. Literally killing 15-30 mobs before getting *any* piece of loot to drop is becoming a regular thing.

Personally I would prefer to have each mob have 100% chance of dropping trophies and increase trophy requirement of 10-20 per quest. Would at least give a sence of usefullness to the killing. With my alt I have recently been killing enough Giant Sand Beetles for about 320 trophies, this will probably be about 400-450 mobs.
    I cannot say however that I have recently seen 1 drop in 15-30 mobs so I guess that is more mob type related.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

It has to be mob-type dependant indeed, i was busy killing ruxus yesterday for one of the dragon ability quests (forgot which one) and got around 30 trophies from 20 mobs
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>
    Male dragon of the 28th season, Order Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Tarskin View Post
    It has to be mob-type dependant indeed, i was busy killing ruxus yesterday for one of the dragon ability quests (forgot which one) and got around 30 trophies from 20 mobs
    It is as each mob has its own weights for loot tables.

So, while saying you killed lots of mobs and got nothing is great... without telling us specifically which mobs you were killing we can't really do anything about it.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon can you specify what you actually mean by drops and i will go beat up on the t5 mobs today when i was out on the islands i was getting great loot if i was a t 4 dragon

i will a sample of 100 of each t 5 golem be helpful?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Ever since the big content update, Flame Beetles, both the Small and Regular (the low-to-mid 60s variety) near Dralk (a bit Northwest of it, near a road and lair) will now routinely drop absolutely nothing.

Before the patch, I was able to get a reasonable number of trophies, HV, and even a few techs/comps.

After the patch, I killed 30-ish beetles, and walked away with only 10 trophies, and nearly half of those beetles dropped absolutely nothing. Also, I got _1_ HV item out of 30 beetles, and it was only a shield worth 5k.

It seems that the "loot tables" as visible to the devs frequently do not well relate to player experience in loot drops. While player reported results with specific mobs can bring a focus by devs to make an adjustment to the loot tables, in more that a few cases those tables have been "adjusted" at least once. Case in point is the flame beetles - the loot tables and perhaps other attributes of the spawn were recently adjusted, but the trophy yield is still a matter of being quite painful. Hopefully this specific field of small/regular flame beetles (very large spawn area) can be a useful example of player/dev discussion so that perhaps some reality can result.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Would it be possible for you to check the coding for loot drops?
    I know you've only been altering T2 loot tables but recently i and others have noticed long 'runs' of zero loot from mobs.

I just killed 1 emerald golem which gave a gem trophy and an Emerald Golem Core? i thought these only dropped when you had the quest asking for it.
    After this thou i killed 11 more emerald golems and got zero loot, not even blighted tablets. Thats alot of killing for nothing.
    I switched to Giant fire beetles and i'm finding the same with these, a bit of loot then a long run of nothing, even from Lorgus. now to kill a boss and get nothing is ironic to say the leaste
    Emerald Golems had too high a chance for nothing.

Giant Fire Beetles. There is a chance they'll drop nothing. But its not that high. They will randomly get 1 to 2 loot pulls, only 1 of which has a chance (under 20%) to be nothing.

I'm looking at Lorgus and I see no way he could drop nothing at all. His minimum number of items is 2, only 1 of which has a chance to be a nothing draw. If you encounter this with Lorgus again please grab a screenshot and logs for us.

i killed Lorgus today at apporx 3:15 pst. no loot at all.
    the body despawned very quickly , but i have a screen shot of my combat log showing the kill and my chat window with me picking up nothing.

ill post it once i figure out where its hiding on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoor View Post
    the body despawned very quickly , but i have a screen shot of my combat log showing the kill and my chat window with me picking up nothing.

Well, I don't know... but I poked around on him today on genesis. 5 kills, 1 to 2 items every time. So at least with the next patch he drops loot for sure.

Is it possible the 0 loot thing is somehow lag related?

I know I've seen this across all mobs, from tier 2 mobs to Labrynth mobs. Higher than to be expected empty loots.

Whatever is the cause, I'm thinking it isn't the loot tables themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Is it possible the 0 loot thing is somehow lag related?

I know I've seen this across all mobs, from tier 2 mobs to Labrynth mobs. Higher than to be expected empty loots.

Whatever is the cause, I'm thinking it isn't the loot tables themselves.
    I've also seen this pretty much everywhere. Most recently seen this at the bitter pickle. The non elemental mobs drop nothing more often. Used to be that you would kill them with a near guarantee drop of a cap. I'm not sure if this is because their tables were adjusted or what.

I find it absolutely frustrating to look for tier2 tech components right now. Especially something like silver golem fragments that a hatchling needs 25 of for it's rite. Three people murdering every silver golem there is for two hours and finding only 2 or 3 fragments is certainly wrong. Rare tier five components drop more often than that. (Think intact mainboards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoor View Post

I have to say the loot on the beetles (including the named ones) on Island of Fire is really bad.. and thats me being nice. It used to be lots better. I didnt count but the chance of getting actual loot was like 50%. Meaning another 50% was emtpy.

Though as I said I didnt count it, this is just what I recall. Not sure about the wolves up there as I didnt focus on hunting those.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

I dont care about loot but i make armor for low level players, and the speed drop. the corpse fly wing and the t1 speed drop..i have to kill for hour or 2 and just get maybe 3 wings or 3 legs for the t1 Armor comp. its not that important but it is time consuming just to make other players armor with tech's on them to help them have a chance in the beginning of the game with proper armor on with the armor tech' which i feel gives the newest players a fair chance at the quest levels.

Lillyjo,Chaos server

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
    I dont care about loot but i make armor for low level players, and the speed drop. the corpse fly wing and the t1 speed drop..i have to kill for hour or 2 and just get maybe 3 wings or 3 legs for the t1 Armor comp. its not that important but it is time consuming just to make other players armor with tech's on them to help them have a chance in the beginning of the game with proper armor on with the armor tech' which i feel gives the newest players a fair chance at the quest levels.

Lillyjo,Chaos server
    I've always found that the T1 techs really don't do all that much for you, nor do the T2s.

You see a good difference in T3 because you can put two techs on one item, that's when you really start to notice the difference, and of course, as you get into T4 and T5 (I've used T3s instead of T4s when the T4s were too hard to obtain and didn't notice THAT much of a difference).

There's no real reason a tier 1 (especially a dragon) should ever need fully T1-tech'd armor/weapons. Maybe +Speed, but the rest? Meh. One can easily do without. T1 mobs don't hurt that much, to be honest. Not to mention, T1 is so easy, just fight Sand Beetles which aren't aggressive or social all the way up to 20-22ish. You never have to leave the beach (there are different sizes of beetles the further along the beach you go), and they drop a decent amount of trophies, and as a bonus they also drop lore tokens you can dump in the robot to get some forms should you need them.

I am speaking for biped armor of course, and it really does make a difference it gives a biped a chance to be able to fight mobs at their own level dont forget dragons get a scale at a time, not fully armored like a biped is and much tougher then the biped when starting out compared to mob, 12 pieces of armor with the armor tech on it for a biped just add it up and it gives them a fair chance at mobs their level specially if they are alone, The people who have tech'd armor can tell you the differnce. even at 1 and 2 and also with the crafting skills tech'd cargo is a plus.

Lillyjo, Chaos server

Thread Information