Thread: [Fixed] New Trismus Blacksmith is broken

Default [Fixed] New Trismus Blacksmith is broken

The Blacksmith in New Trismus will no longer change your class to Blacksmith when you click on the link to change schools.

Default Re: New Trismus Blacksmith is broken

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    The Blacksmith in New Trismus will no longer change your class to Blacksmith when you click on the link to change schools.
    Well, he will, but it depends upon your level. If you are over level 10 in Blacksmith then no he won't. If you have active blacksmith quests then no he won't.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I play on the Blight server - I could not get him to switch me to blacksmithing and I had no active quests and was below level 10.

I am unable to reproduce this, it works for me.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I have to ask... Why would ANY craft trainer be lvl dependent? Why should it matter if you're lvl 1 or lv 100 in said craft school. All you're needing is a change in school.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Because he's meant for NEWBIES, not everyone. New Trismus is meant to steer players onwards.

I made a sslik warrior, did the adventure school quests but not crafting quests on spirit island after which i moved on to new trismus (warrior 5 / craft none). The blacksmith would not reply to my sslik either when i decided i wanted the lizard to be a blacksmith....
    Last edited by Tarskin; March 24th, 2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typo in race
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>
    Male dragon of the 28th season, Order Shard

In the past, he would train you initially into blacksmith school if you had never been a blacksmith before, and if you left that school he would put you back into it as long as you were not over level 10 in blacksmithing.

Now (on Blight) he appears to do nothing but wave at you if you are not already a blacksmith. If you are a blacksmith, he will offer you quests.

I had the same issue as Kerech. My character was a Human level 9 Mage, 11 Scholar, 11 Jeweler, 7 Outfitter. I could not join the Blacksmith school from Guran, clicking the link to join did nothing. Clicking the link for directions worked properly though. I returned to Spirit Isle and joined there and was then able to do the quests on New Trismas.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Because he's meant for NEWBIES, not everyone. New Trismus is meant to steer players onwards.
    He could at least be made to communicate that you should talk to the trainer in Kion instead of just waving if that is possible.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Well even for new players it's broken...
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>

1. make a new character (sslik is what i tested)
    2. do the adventure quests on newbie island
    3. goto new trismus and talk to blacksmith

So unless he's meant not to let people select blacksmith as a trade school i would say this is quite reproducable
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>

This has nothing to do with your level, this is a bug related to being an outfitter.

I know this bug intimately. (At least, if you are an Outfitter. if you are not, then this bug extends beyond my experiences)

MANY of the quests for an outfitter say come back to Johald, but in truth, they only actually 'work' if you go back to Gerald the blacksmith. And in fact, the blacksmith is often blocked if you have not finished the outfitter quest you are presently on, so you cannot even switch schools.

And it is not JUST one quest where this is the situation, it's safe to say both Johald and Gerald are broken, severely!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It is a bit annoying however considering that the resources are far more easily obtained in NT. So you want to do a number of your quests (especially if you are working up more than one school) in NT and if you are going to switch back to do something like make a new weapon or the like (smithing) you have to go all the way to another place to get switched back to Blacksmith and then come back to NT where you can easily get the resources to make the item or you do not get credit towards your school.

The resources in other places seem to be placed as distantly as absolutely possible from the quest giver and in some cases littered with a million enemies which due to the method that they are spawned makes gathering nearly impossible unless you out level them by such a margin that you can ignore them and let them beat you en mass while you harvest.

So while he is meant to send you on (and gives you a quest for this already btw) the level restriction on him is more of a headache than a benefit.

I tend to agree with Shinkuu that for adventuring Lesser Aradoth can be a lot of fun. For players that enjoy crafting more when they have just started playing however it is just plain annoying since you have to dodge spiders and other creeps for Orbs, golems or the spiderhuntress for ore, golems for sandstone. The only resource is "safe" when you reach it and that is gems in the mine.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I wonder if a quest to Genevia for t1 resources would help new folks find the safest alternative to New Trismus...?

Thread Information