Thread: Stun immuneity

Default Stun immuneity

ok i dont know what you guys find but i would like to see it so after you have been stunned being immune to being stund for about 30seconds so like we dont spend our battles like this stuned gethit stuned get hit stuned stuned (almost dead somewhare around there) use sprint trying to run stunned sprint fades....die and that is exactally how ive tryed to fight some battles i dont get any stuns myself so i cant stop them from stuning me and *says highly sarcastically*YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE AREA SPELLBIND
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Default Re: Stun immuneity

While I'm not a big fan of trying to make the game too easy, I have to admit it gets really aggrevating sometimes to be chain stunned. Some of the stuns of the higher level mobs are so nasty that to have three or four laid on you in succession is just too much. At least give us a 30 second window or something between chain stuns so we can do SOMETHING.

Mobs should get the same immunity of course.

Martal Bau

While the CS spellbinders was annoying, the old Satyr Rangers were even more so when using Lightning Arrows. At least twice every 15 seconds you get hit with that 3 second stun.

So I agree a stun immunity would be a good idea, though Mobs should have it as well though maybe at 1/2 length of what players get. It's especially a good idea because it lays some groundwork for what would be absolutely necessary should we ever get PvP arenas. With no stun limitation there would be some pretty lame battles [:)].

Oh and since I think mobs should have this as well, there would need to be a change to those 3 second stuns because any amount of time mobs have immunity to stuns would be a huge nerf to schools that rely on those type of short stuns.

i ment to say mobs should have it too lol
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.

Andrew Zozulya

Only one problem with it. No stuns are pesky - but skill of mobs that hit evenly leveled ( with way way highter rating) adventurer in 95% times. Yes i mean bloody ogers/pygmeys/spiders/whatever lvl 80++.
    They should fix it 3 weeks ago and what happens? Nothing! Thank you dev for those pleasure i'm awaiting on my eq2 box.I hate how SoE sucks money from subsribers but atleast they do somthing for those money:( grr

I might mix things here but wasn't the blighted equippment that gives you some damage every so often while equipped breaking stuns?

Horizons Empire

Andrew Zozulya

Blighed equipment break mezz but not stuns!

This topic again?

This goes back to the fact you are picking your fights poorly. If you are getting chained stunned on the enemies you are fighting, obviously you are taking too many at once. Many classes use stuns and their main defense, and this idea would just kill them.

The way to fix it is to stop trying to bomb an area to hell and just fight a few at a time. Nobody said you needed to kill 4 or 20 mobs at once, and if you die doing it, you deserve to. A stun immunity would be a very bad idea for all people.

Andrew Zozulya

Actually as druid with weak armor i prefear to have some stun immunity because blody ogers can stun me 2 timesdue minute and from maximal possible distance. And if there 2 mobs its pretty usually that fight lasts more then 1 minute. And it qute stuppid to be insta stunned twice from same mob hwo hit harder, had more hp and is 10 lvl lower my current school and 40 lvl lower my rating.

It's all about way overpowered main skill of mobs (bloody ogers/spiders/wolfs). This let them insta hit and almost insta parry ...

And its not a "poorly picking" of target! May be before such reply you consider to read tons of posts about overpowered mobs? [;)]

Sorry Andrew. But it does come down to poorly picking your mobs. If a mob is overpowered, it is clearly not the best idea to hunt them.

Implementing a stun limit will be detremental to mages of all kind, and the ranger/elar schools.

As it is, ranger/elar (moreso elar then ranger) have already been beaten to a pulp by the 'nerf bat'. Removing the ability to stun our enemies with our lightning arrows would be almost like removing the whole class. I can't imagine how hard it'd be for a mage class who relies on the stuns/mez's/binds/roots/etc to keep the enemy away from hitting them if their abilities would be removed for a certain amount of time.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Andrew Zozulya

No gusi, i could be wrong picking mobs if those mobs not was insanely hard for everyone. With weak mobs like spiders/gruoks ( most fighed/hunted beast for now) you simple not realase thatbeasts almost not miss you and you do on regular basis ( for mages it better because mobs hav't so hight magic defence like their evade).

Try to fights some wolfs...Multistrike III from 4 of them and what? Mage you or not its only matter of additional wolf or two and you dead.

Up to stuns. Problem is not stuns by them self but effectivity that mobs have. I'll be happy if i could have instastun and such hits like some mobs have ( not named tought). AE filed on fixing of this due last 3 weeks.

PS. I've played druid - this class is more reliable on stuns as rangers because we have not such damage and such armor as they.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    This topic again?

This goes back to the fact you are picking your fights poorly. If you are getting chained stunned on the enemies you are fighting, obviously you are taking too many at once. Many classes use stuns and their main defense, and this idea would just kill them.

The way to fix it is to stop trying to bomb an area to hell and just fight a few at a time. Nobody said you needed to kill 4 or 20 mobs at once, and if you die doing it, you deserve to. A stun immunity would be a very bad idea for all people.
    whare i fight i can only fight 1 at a time and im still chain stunned by.....everything almost

One mob chain stuns you so you can't move? unlikely
    The worst stunners are wizards, rangers and ogres. The ogres only have two stuns, rangers and wizards are small stuns.

wizzards never stop with stuns

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Energy spells cant be teched with stuns...I`ve been stunned plenty of times by Wizards
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Thread Information