Thread: Save the dragon

Unhappy Save the dragon

Hello, there is currently a tournament between fantasy characters here:
    http://www.suvudu.com/2010/03/cage-m...lannister.html

It appears, while I am writing this post, that Temeraire, the black dragon, is losing the round against Jaime Lannister... that is why I beg the entire community to support Temeraire by voting for him, in the name of Drulkar...
    My friends, Temeraire needs YOU

(and, if you know dragon fanbases and things like this in the web, don't wait to call them)

Default Re: Save the dragon

This contest is as riddiculous as any of the dragon slayer stories written by man.

Who in is right mind could ever believe that a puny human could even put a single scratch on a creature like Temeraire?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

must be most powerful indeed!! you got my vote, its a crime if a puny human wins over such a mighty elder!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    This contest is as riddiculous as any of the dragon slayer stories written by man.

Who in is right mind could ever believe that a puny human could even put a single scratch on a creature like Temeraire?
    OMG, I just had this flashback of an old AD&D chatroom I used to play in, where people would play 5-6 foot tall (demi)humans and go attacking the people playing dragons, and you'd always have the dragon people pointing out that someone waving around a sword at something the size of godzilla just isn't realistic or feasible... you DON'T kill a dragon with a sword...

You kill it with things like Ballistae (it'd be hard to hit a moving dragon with one), or lots of very powerful magic (dragons in D&D are magic-resistant too!). You don't hack it to death with what is the equivalent of a splinter.

Just to give you guys an idea on 2nd Ed D&D (this was back when 2nd Ed was the current) Dragons' size compared to Istarian.... the biggest 2nd Ed Dragon was the Great Wyrm Red Dragon(oldest/largest/strongest). One of these suckers were 180-185 feet long from the tip of its snout back to between the rear shoulders, and yet another 180-185 from the rear shoulders to the tip of its tail.

Take a moment to picture that. This thing was not quite _400 Feet_ long. For those of you not familiar with Imperial Measurements, that's 122 meters. One-hundred and twenty-two freaking meters. I'm not even sure Godzilla was that big. A Boeing 747 is only roughly 75 meters long. So, it is about a 747+2/3rs of another 747 long, the wingspan probably 90-120 meters wide.

You're gonna hack and slash at _that_ with a sword? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Dhalin; March 24th, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Maybe the biped has leveled Fitter school to lvl 100, that gives him atleast 200 higher base strength. This in combination with a demon weapon makes the biped quite strong...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Maybe the biped has leveled Fitter school to lvl 100, that gives him atleast 200 higher base strength. This in combination with a demon weapon makes the biped quite strong...
    But yet are still limited to physical size. *grins*

Remember, an Ant is considered one of the strongest creatures on Earth, being able to lift and carry several times their own weight and are the only creature able to do so.

You still don't see or hear of a single ant killing something like, a cat or a dog. No, it takes about 300 of them to do something like that.

Unfortunately, despite the dragon fans attempts, it seems the dragon can't stand against the opponent's fanbase...

Meh.. the masses of voters are ignorant and just voting with who they know. >:|

Vlad Taltos totally would have kicked Dumbledore's butt.

Only trust Rankings/Voting that you have yourself manipulated.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

As I recall, Gojira-sama stands around 300' tall, but that's vertical height in a bipedal stance. Nose to tail-tip, he's probably 550-600'.

He also wins the breath weapon division, claws down.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    As I recall, Gojira-sama stands around 300' tall, but that's vertical height in a bipedal stance. Nose to tail-tip, he's probably 550-600'.

He also wins the breath weapon division, claws down.
    Gah.

I should have specified; I was talking more about the "new" Godzilla, that movie they put out in the late 90s (or was that early 2000s?).

The old, old Japanese godzilla movies, yeah. lol.

I dunno, about the Breath Weapon though.... he basically shot a blue electrical laser-type beam... *shrug* There are lots of different breath weapons from D&D... they range anything from Fire, Ice, Lightning, Acid that'll make your face melt right off your skull, Paralyzing gas, to the equivalent of dynamite (Amethyst Dragons spat this... object that exploded a few moments after, like a grenade, only a bit more powerful), and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few here.

Oh right, there's Mercuries who had an intense blast of heat that could melt some lesser metals (it'd suck to be wearing iron or bronze armor and have it melt right onto your skin... ow), and I believe... I think it was Topaz Dragons? They had a sonic-type breath weapon that was a blast of pure sonic waves that did sound damage.

And then, player-created dragons had even more interesting breath weapons, though some a bit overpowered... I remember reading about a 'radiation dragon' from some post-apocalyptia campaign setting that breathed an intense blast of radiation.... that's sure to ruin your day fast. lol.

Thread Information