Thread: April Fool's: Google Style

Default April Fool's: Google Style

You really gotta love Google's sense of humor.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/...pany-name.html
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Default Re: April Fool's: Google Style

Well a company with a sense of humor is better then a company with none.

I am fearful to log onto my MUSH games due to the fact I know our head coder at the one I play at probably did something for April Fool's. XD

In my opinion Deviantart did the best prank today. 8D

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

What was theirs? I don't really need to visit all sites to see it

LOTR - actually did nothing

WoW - did several neat things - they announced the new "Neural net headset" that links up with battle.net so you can be fully immersed in Azeroth (permanently, you can't take it off once installed - lol - and comes with its own pet!). They announced the new E.P.E.E.N system in game. And my personal favorite - "matchup through battle.net" a new online-dating service for gamers to "find someone to pwn newbs with!!"

The online-dating service is my favorite because the video cracks me up! They went all out for this one, the site looks great, you can search "forever" for dates with lovely one liners as it searches, and the video is awesome!

http://us.battle.net/matchmaking.html

Worth for watching of the video
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Battle .net relay went all out

ROFLMAO

shame istaria did not do any thing this year
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

That friggin thing in WoW with the "Equipment Potency" thingie was just freaking hilarious.

I love how they took a good stab at people who think that gear is everything. I think even the developers are getting sick and tired of people getting so elitist that they are refusing to allow newer/lesser-geared players a chance, and they want to take the shortest routes to everything possible, etc...

I just wish they took a more aggressive in-game stance to hurt these people who are guilty of this... like forcing them to kill every boss in all heroics...

Yes, it was even more funny when a raid member last night didn't realize the EPEEN system was an April Fool's joke...we let him go on for about 10 minutes before pointing it out to him *chuckles*

Though I missed one myself. The news that Paragon and Premonition were merging into one US guild was an APril Fool's Joke. (The Top US and Europe Guild) I had no idea - seemed totally logical to me. Course, at the end they mentioned becomign sponsored by AXE's new GAMER-line of hygeine products. THAT I thought was a little wierd - but if Mtn. Dew can do a product line with it; I figured hey AXE Could to. Not my company. Haha - April Fools!

on the related hijack -

I wonder if they'd do that Dhalin - force all bosses in a heroic to be killed or get the deserter debuff. I mean a PUG is still a PUG, even if you use the new awesomeo LFG system (all of my experiences have been fine but then I have pretty good gear). And I know for a dev-stated-fact that they on purpose will match up lower geared with higher geared pepole on those dungeon runs in the hopes that someone will use the gear as well.

I mean no matter what you do you're not going to stop the Elitests from being that way. They'll change change context and do it some other way.

I think the devs are getting their "pleased as punch" levels met by opening up all the high-end content as time goes on so that everyone really can get there. It starts all hard, heroic modes and all at the start, but then as time goes on they make it easier and easier for even the most casual player to pug something. And I think that's probably the best route for them to go to try and curtail elitism.

Yes, do it the hard way get a cool mount or title or whatever - but if you're not top guns - you'll still get to see it before the next expansion. Hence the ultimately 30% buff in ICC that will be live before Caty. Even if you suck - with a 30% buff you can get through ICC and kill the Lich King if you want.

And I like that.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information