Thread: Quick Plot Construction Pricing Question

Default Quick Plot Construction Pricing Question

What is the going rate per tier for getting some construction done?

I'm not looking to put any coin up as of yet but for future reference.

Thank you
    Inner Council Member of "Immortal" and member for 7 years. Immortal is an MMO Gaming guild with a larger population then all three servers of this game but I wont hold it against you.

Default Re: Quick Plot Construction Pricing Question

I would say the standard is the following

T1 - 1s-1.5s per placed unit
    T2 - 2s - 2.5s per placed unit
    T3 - 3s - 3.5s per placed unit
    T4 - 4s - 4.5s per placed unit
    T5 - 5s - 5.5s per placed unit
    T6 - Agree with the builder (can be expensive)

You might want to look at paying more for things like cobalt work as that tends to be the most tedious to do.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I think those are rather high prices. I remember doing (lots of) work for half that price.

You should also look at where the plot is in relation to the resources too. It makes a difference in traveling costs and time.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

no doubt!!! i pay 500cp per unit up to t3, then 1sp per unit for the upper tiers....
    not that too many peeps are taking my cash, but i would go broke if i paid a sp per unit for everything........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hmm.. I thought those prices were about right except for steel, cobalt and mithril work which ran higher. I've done much work for prices higher than those listed - supply and demand, doing for xp, many factors involved.

Might be a difference between the shards, too. I remember at one point thinking 200 cp/tier/placed (block/sphere/sheet/bolt/timber) and +100 on that per (keystone/source/jointing/tapestry/brace) was okay, but low end. More recently I had trouble getting work done at the 1 sp/tier (+500 cp for the higher skill pieces) price that Chasing posted, but my plot requires multiple ports to get the resources in from the field. Good luck finding the "right" pricing!

If you ask me those prices are pretty low....

Plots and plot construction is about all there is to spend money on anyway. It sure isn't worth my time to do t1 or even t3 construction at those prices.

Of course, if someone else is fine with that rate of pay, and available to do the work, then all would be satisfied.

Follow the general price guid of 1 to 2s per tier. Advertise you have money on a plot and give the co-ords. If a month goes by and little work gets done, you will probably have to raise the prices.

Keep in mind that the things you are paying for is both someone's time and skill. There's no reason to be cheap. Doing so is insulting to those you want to do the work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Keep in mind that the things you are paying for is both someone's time and skill. There's no reason to be cheap. Doing so is insulting to those you want to do the work for you.
    Plenty of reason to be cheap if you want to call it that, like if you don't have the money. And there's nothing insulting in prices half of Chasings list. As a starting builder you get and money and XP and that's better than only XP isn't it?

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Plenty of reason to be cheap if you want to call it that, like if you don't have the money. And there's nothing insulting in prices half of Chasings list. As a starting builder you get and money and XP and that's better than only XP isn't it?
    If you dont have the money build it yourself.

Make alt - join construction schools - build.

Other players trying to level schools is the only thing I can think of that might entice cheap work. Even then half the prices on chasings list is taking advantage...

I Agree with Guaran.

It is about supply and demand. Put a price on it, raise it if you don't get the work done, or do it yourself.

I tend to be one of the "Cheap" peeps (or have spent too much time as my dragon) and, in the interest of saving money, raised carp, weaver, and mason to lvl 100, with fitterer and enchanter on the way.

All depends on how you want to play. 'Nuff said.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Ok, then people took advantage of me and big time. Sob sob poor me and others who did work for the same price. One pays what one can or wants, one should do what one wants to do for whatever price they seem fit.

Calling something or someone cheap, saying something or someone is "taking advantage" looks like placing yourself on some moral pedestal. People make their own deliberations.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

On Chaos the prices Chasing gave do tend to be the standard and have been for quite a while...what it would be on Order I have no clue, given the different server population it's probably quite different.

Cobalt and steel I know people often offer more because they're a pain and T6 is variable.
    Last edited by Charys Stormchild; April 12th, 2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information