Thread: The new flame tech from Plundered Tombs quest

Default The new flame tech from Plundered Tombs quest

Is applying this tech to multiple weapons without it disappearing a bug or working as intended? I'm on the test server blight. I did a copy character with the new flame tech and made multiple weapons and kept reusing this tech. Also the bone seeker tech can be applied on multiple weapons without it disappearing.
    Last edited by Riaken; April 3rd, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

Default Re: The new flame tech from Plundered Tombs quest

I belive it has been reported as a bug already
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Is this bug live? I mean on Chaos and Order?

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    Is this bug live? I mean on Chaos and Order?
    Yes - at least it is on Chaos. I reported this bug 2-3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    Is applying this tech to multiple weapons without it disappearing a bug or working as intended? I'm on the test server blight. I did a copy character with the new flame tech and made multiple weapons and kept reusing this tech. Also the bone seeker tech can be applied on multiple weapons without it disappearing.
    I believe this should be the way for it to work as intended.

This tech is useful on tier 5 weapons, yet players acquire it at tier 2 (which is great for them, good job devs). But if it was to consume itself by applying to a tier 2 weapon, then the player is SOL come the later tiers.

IMHO all the drag-apply techs from tier 1 and tier 2 areas should be like this. i.e. NOT consume themselves upon application.

The tier 5 techs it's fine if those want to consume themselves, tier 5 is end game anyway.

Could a dev comment on whether or not this is a bug?

It is a bug.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It is a bug.
    Oops, I've been telling everyone it was on purpose so that they got the re-use the tech in later tiers...

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Oops, I've been telling everyone it was on purpose so that they got the re-use the tech in later tiers...
    Its really hard to figure out what bugs are these days since they introduced the known issue list.

IMHO, when you accidentally use a "bug" and there is no fix available and its not added to the public known issues list it isn't a bug.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Its really hard to figure out what bugs are these days since they introduced the known issue list.

IMHO, when you accidentally use a "bug" and there is no fix available and its not added to the public known issues list it isn't a bug.
    Well, if you never bother to ask if its a bug then you can't know. Best way is to simply ask. Then you know for sure.

If nobody posts about it we can't know its a bug, dong ma?

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Well, if you never bother to ask if its a bug then you can't know. Best way is to simply ask. Then you know for sure.
    You got a point there, but... do you SERIOUSLY want us to ask every single thing? You'd need at least twice the size (if not more) of your current staff.

(back on topic now)
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    You got a point there, but... do you SERIOUSLY want us to ask every single thing? You'd need at least twice the size (if not more) of your current staff.

(back on topic now)
    Size of the staff has no bearing on it what-so-ever. We would rather you ask too much than not at all.

Thread Information