Thread: Should I come back ?

Default Should I come back ?

Okay guys and gals Its been a while. Greetings to any and all former beta testers of this game still hanging in there. SO okay have they fixed the confectioner schools formula issues yet? if so maybe i could be lured back into playing. to those of you that dont know me ask some of your friends about me. and yes i am still a craft crazy individual. are there still 19 craft schools for humanids? or is there another craft i can grind to 100
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Should I come back ?

All about confectioner school in Istaria nowadays

http://www.hzconfectioner.org.uk/index.aspx

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandellia View Post
    Okay guys and gals Its been a while. Greetings to any and all former beta testers of this game still hanging in there. SO okay have they fixed the confectioner schools formula issues yet? if so maybe i could be lured back into playing. to those of you that dont know me ask some of your friends about me. and yes i am still a craft crazy individual. are there still 19 craft schools for humanids? or is there another craft i can grind to 100
    Hi Vandellia. Confectioner got revamped in summer 2007. Its a totally new ballgame now. No new crafting schools, sorry, but lots of new stuff to do. You might consider trying a new character just to get the feel of the game again.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Talking Re: Should I come back ?

Come back and give it a shot crazy craft lady.

Muslyx

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i remember you, vand, and most welcome home!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

So my 1900 craft level is still good wheeew LOL might give it a bite in a bit Im in college oh yea .. then again your never too old to go back even if i am "old " lol
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible

Gee i wonder if there is anyway to get a picture of how my old plot used to look anyone who knows me knows i spent far to much time on getting it right LOL
    We so had an event the day i hit 1900 craft levels most of the devs and players came gave away tons of food and we had such a blast yea a miss that alot

*Former beta tester waves*

Confectioner school is drastically changed. Ambrosia is effectively gone. The old recipies aren't worth much. The new recipies can all be purchased.

Finding a plot picture is very problimatical if you didn't take one. There was a major plot reclamation a little over a year ago. Many old plots were reduced back to dirt. The good news is there are lots of perfectly good plots available for purchase. You can buy one and plan out a new home.

If you want to try something really interesting, start a new character on the "other" server from you old main (or Blight). The beginning game is now very VERY different from what you remember. You will essentially be learning a new game that sort of looks like the old one you remember, but really isn't. Figuring out how to craft efficiently is not easy. Set a small goal first. Something like "Level one of the base crafting schools to 20 and get a complete set of forms". Then try to do that without constantly begging help from everybody. It can be done, it's just a bit of a challenge.

I don't know of any other game on the market where the developers make profound changes to the early game. All anyone else ever does is expansions that add new areas, raise the level cap and increase the end-game grind. This turns existing areas into deserted waselands nobody wants to visit anymore. Not in Istaria. If there is a challenge in the game today, it's an untwinked character in the early game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandellia View Post
    Gee i wonder if there is anyway to get a picture of how my old plot used to look anyone who knows me knows i spent far to much time on getting it right LOL
    We so had an event the day i hit 1900 craft levels most of the devs and players came gave away tons of food and we had such a blast yea a miss that alot
    Well, I don't have any pics from inside your plot. (I thought I took some...) Here's some stuff from the shindig though.

You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

thos red tiles were overlapped in 3 places to get that look uggh LOL

*serves Vandellia some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home!

Wow, an actual familiar face Vandy! Not sure if you remember me but I played with you back then, as well as Mido, Katja, Aleks and such. I just came back recently as well to give it a whirl and was excited to see my character was still around. Decided to give a dragon a try to get myself refamiliarized with everything before I start abusing my ranger again. It weird to see how much is deactivated in the game in so many aspects but just as weird to not have the memory leak and actually be able to load and run through Taz perfectly haha. Hopefully you do pop back in, I would love to see the population go up and old faces return!

I am back Now own a plot in golden so behind the curve till i get ti up and operational and learn all the new stuff plus I am in college so school comes first grannie annie in college sheesh yet. :P

Good to hear you're on and all. And yes, definitely RL comes first. I've gotten married to the woman I was with and have a couple little ones since quitting. (7 years it's been, eesh heh) I'll have to pop on to my ranger and see what you got going on over on your plot. I'm sure there's some work I can help out with to speed things up for you. Add Shinobai and Shins if you wouldn't mind.

Thread Information