Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 182 Discussion

Default Blight Update 182 Discussion

Use this thread to discuss today's update to Blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 182 Discussion

First impressions (aka knee jerk reactions):

-A bit saddened that the Enslavers have their level raised.
    That was one of the perks of waiting till 50 was getting the honor of tackling them and the golem for shard of crystal faces alone. To prove that one was strong enough to stand on their own. Will have to run out and see if this is still a viable option.

-Really glad that there will be dialogue that explains the perks of waiting till 50. It's incredibly frustrating to see hatchlings running off against these level 80 creatures expecting to win with two level 20 scales on or wondering who has a full set of T2 transmutation scales.

-Regarding the attunement quest to Aroah's Leap: does this mean there are two separate quests? Dragons do crystals, bipeds get cotton quest?

Breath of Fire, Ice, Lightning, Acid, Flame and Flame Burst all get a boost to penetration (to-hit) now.
    -Squee

I can't wait to test these to see what the differences are. Think I'll start by checking out the hallway changes to New Character. Looks like a fulfilling patch.
    Last edited by Shian; April 20th, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Amon - was that patch applied today? The actual notes say "Tuesday April 19" but today is the 19th.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Known issue with the Lunus RoP is that the Shimmering Scale formula isn't given out, but the Shadow Dragon is still a kick-*** monster... so either have someone make the scale for you for now, or just hold off if you get to that step.

On live, we are required to craft the scale as part of the quest. Does this mean we can still complete the quest as it stands so long as we obtain a scale?

I am also not seeing the chance to the New Character hallway. it is the same on both live and blight. Is this what we are supposed to see?

Thankyou Amon for this wonderful patch!

Additional request for next patch
    Dire wolf loot tables
    Island loot tables (still getting t4 loot off t5 monsters, And Red vex fringes are 1 in 50 drop rate )
    Major tweak age on t5 loot tables some mobs drop comps like there is no tomorrow where others don't drop them at all
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Only thing I find strange:
    Guards around Sslanis will no longer protect the Gifted and are now members of the "Sslanis Militia"
    Why the change to guards in Delgarath and elsewhere so they no longer attack monsters??

This really makes no sense that I can see.

Rest of the fixes and changes looking good.

Hmm no boons dropped lately at the observatory - are we now losing the bounty and blessing drops at Draak?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    -Regarding the attunement quest to Aroah's Leap: does this mean there are two separate quests? Dragons do crystals, bipeds get cotton quest?.
    No, it means that both bipeds and dragons can do both quests now.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I am also not seeing the chance to the New Character hallway. it is the same on both live and blight. Is this what we are supposed to see?
    You probably can't tell, the model was cleaned up so that it was more efficient.

-Hero's Resolve now lasts only 60 seconds and no longer removes hostile effects from the player.-

I hope this is not the last word on that issue

I mean- what a reward for that questline- useless for me now
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Is this on Blight now? I haven't downloaded any new files lately, other than a couple sound effect files over the weekend.

Was hoping to see something about the neo-monk stuff but I will wait patiently till it comes about. Maybe next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckies View Post
    Was hoping to see something about the neo-monk stuff but I will wait patiently till it comes about. Maybe next patch.
    Its in there, but it isn't new content nor is it something that will be going to live anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, it means that both bipeds and dragons can do both quests now.
    Thank you amon. means alot .

and about the heroes resolve going back to 60 sec. good god mode for 15 min was just to much.

60 seconds is still worth it as it becomes one of those OH %^$# buttons. The questline is still worth it due to the ammount of coin you collect.

I wonder was the intention to use it every 60 seconds on a 15 min cooldown and by accident it was placed 15 min on a 30 min cooldown?

On the Hero's Resolve: how about 2 minutes? 15 was obviously a typo, and I've barely even used it. 1 minute for 30 min cooldown seems a tad short is all. If it was 2 minutes that would be fine, or perhaps 15 or 20 min cooldown vs 30.

If Hero's Resolve lasted 2 minutes, there would be no point to heroism. As it stands, I still would have preferred to see more of a difference between the 2 abilities, as Heroism is THE signature ability for the Warrior class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You probably can't tell, the model was cleaned up so that it was more efficient.
    Nope, it's certainly different now :P

Little darker but I suppose it's a ton more efficient without all those nasty light sources.

Filed a ticket on this, but will post it here too.

The bridge to Wisp Isle is missing on Blight after the patch today. I relogged a couple times and cleared world cache but it never showed up. So two other players checked and they can't see it either.

Maybe there should be a big "Bridge Out" sign?

An addition to that last post... it appears and *all* bridges are missing.

Thread Information