Thread: Client crashing for 1 toon not others.

Default Client crashing for 1 toon not others.

My client is crashing for a specific character on Chaos. The 2 other characters are loading and playing fine. At first it was giving the memory exception error but now is just crashing without message. I have cleared world cache and character specific settings. Installed latest video drivers and run memtest86. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Have suggestions on what to try next? I did open a ticket but set the priority medium because I can play other toons.

Thanks.

Default Re: Client crashing for 1 toon not others.

Delete the associated pref folder for the affected character.

Edit:

Actually its probably better to rename it, add "_old" to the end of its name.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

It also may be a corrupted terrain file, clearing cache won't help with this. You would need to delete the world_cache folder (not just the contents, the folder itself) and then run a full scan.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Quote Originally Posted by r3rutro View Post
    My client is crashing for a specific character on Chaos. The 2 other characters are loading and playing fine. At first it was giving the memory exception error but now is just crashing without message. I have cleared world cache and character specific settings. Installed latest video drivers and run memtest86. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Have suggestions on what to try next? I did open a ticket but set the priority medium because I can play other toons.

Thanks.
    Rename or move the prefs folder for the specific character. No need to delete the world cache for now. Login to play.istaria.com, select the character having trouble, and select the "Recall" character option.

Then try logging in again.

When your client crashes, it usually generates a few log files in your logs directory. One of those ends in ".maura". Can you post its contents? In the rare chance that it actually contains useful information, that information is used to pinpoint the cause of the crash.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Smile Re: Client crashing for 1 toon not others.

Thank you everyone for the ideas. I got it working by deleting the world cache folder itself. I did try moving the character specific prefs folder which did not help. I did manage to recall but this again did not do the trick. I cleared the cache by using the launcher option and deleting the chaos cache directory but this also did not help. I had full scan switched on after the first crash. Only after deleting the world cache folder itself and then doing the full scan did the character load and play normal. Not sure why but it worked.

Thank you all.

*once again does the dance of victory!*
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you're not the only one to be touched by vorlons, r3r......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Smile Re: Client crashing for 1 toon not others.

Hehe.

Thread Information