Thread: Review of monks/disciples posted to the general boards

Default Review of monks/disciples posted to the general boards

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=17756

After over a weekof working on it, I finally posted my review and dissertation on the monk and disciple schools to the general boards here.

I realize that the article is a bit long, but it had to be in order to cover everything I wanted to. Still, I feel as though I only scratched the surface. Nevertheless, I think I touched upon the major issues and imbalancements that we all monks/disciples face.

There is still one important thing though.. we are a small community. I touched upon that.. and it's true that those larger communities have a louder voice.

If we want to be heard.. we have to get off our a**es and do something. If you want to see changes made to the monks and disciple schools, and now... not next year, but now... then reply to the posts above.Add your own input and insight... and private message the developers and let them know.

"Those who are blind are forgiven..."
    "Those who wish not to see are guilty..."
    "Those who see but refuse to do anything about what they see, face a fate worse than hell...." --Menkure Salitis

Nothing will ever be done if we choose to remain silent.

-Menkure

Default Re: Review of monks/disciples posted to the general boards

6:00am - it's in the monk forums, menkure. So, preordered WOW yet?
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

I'm setting up trillian to connect to #tazoon, and I'm going to ask both Dangit and Peaches who moderated the post..

When I find out who, I'll probably unload on them.

Yep, I am downloading the open beta, and EQ2 comes out in stores tomorrow. My brother is getting the DVD-rom version. I'll probably watch over his shoulder and see how nice it is.. might even create a monk character and try him out.

Heavens knows, even monks in EQ2 have GOT to be better than they are here.

-Menkure

Ewww Everquest...
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

I had a discussion with Dangit in IRC. He was very adamant that the rules will be followed and that if he sees it as class specific, it will be moved to the proper school forum.

I discussed with him how I felt... emphasizing how long and how much work I put into the article, including my efforts to get others from the monk/disciple community involved... then have it instantly moderated with not even a PM as to who moderated it or why... then add in the fact that I had to specifically track him down on IRC to get any kind of answer... Well, He said that he was sorry I felt that way.

Obviously he's not sorry enough to move it back. Then again, maybe it's the mood that I am in right now, why I'm thinking that.

In the end though, he did say this: "Personally, I feel if its specific it should be in the specific boards. but I will discuss it with the rest of the board staff and see what they say. If they like it we will change the guidelines."

Again, maybe it's the mood that I am in right now.. but I still feel very brushed off, and I think that what little discussion there will be on this with the board staff will pretty much come to nothing.

*depressed*

If you get the change though to happen with the policies then its not something to be depressed over. If anything I think the suggestion section should have been the place it should be moved to. Perhaps posting Monks could definately use some love in suggestionsand linking it to your thread here can help.
    Aziroth Frostscale
    19 seasons spent in the wilds of Istaria
    15 seasons spent in the field of resources

Thread Information