Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Crafter Experience Training

Default Re: Dragon Crafter Experience Training

I know this, I have spoken to Restalroth and I have spoken to his assistant as well (cant remember his name) who gave me the quest to create 20 Focused Viridian Azulyte Crystals.

So I scribed the formula he gave me then went to Kion volcano and gathered the raw materials to create the crystals, before returning to Restalroths Lair in Dralk where the Lunus Crystal shaper is. However standing by the machine, it says I need the Crystal Shaping ability to create the crystals. I don't have the ability, and I don't yet know how to acquire it. That is what I am asking ^^
    My Dragons:

Fajra Rynn: Ancient female, Helian | Azurae Lani: Adult female, Helian | Ignaz Talan: Hatchling male, Lunus

Have you ever joined the Lairshaping school (as mentioned above)? IIRC, you should receive all the needed abilities automatically when you join.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Problem is, I am in the process of being accepted into Restalroth's school, and participating in a quest called "Knowledge of Lairs".

I cannot continue because I still lack the ability to create the crystals.
    My Dragons:

Fajra Rynn: Ancient female, Helian | Azurae Lani: Adult female, Helian | Ignaz Talan: Hatchling male, Lunus

After speaking to Balennos the crystalshaping master you should have gotten the crystalshaping ability. It will be in your character sheet under the ability tab - drag it to a hotkey and use it just like your quarrying, mining, etc. abilities. You will also have a new lairshaping ability as well for making the finished lair resources.

Holth of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post
    To make azulyte crystals you need to join the lairshaper school. The trainer (Relstaroth) is north of Dralk in a cave along with the crystalshaper trainer. If you speak to them they will start you on the path to lairshaping and give you all the forms you need as you do their quests. This is a separate school and the xp goes to lairshaping not dragon crafting.

Holth of Order
    First, greet the drca trainer in Dralk, Queriatia and she will send you on the quest to join the lairshaper school. Restalroth will ignore you unless you are sent by Queriatia.

Should I delete this quest and start over? I believe it was Resiata who sent me.
    My Dragons:

Either of the dragon crafter trainers (Chiconis or Dralk) can give you the quest.
    As you already have the first quest from Relstaroth, unless you do not have the abilities for crystalshaping and lairshaping, there should be no need to drop and retake the quest. If you do not have the crystalshaping ability to hotkey you might want to retry the quest or file a ticket.

Holth of Order

Okay, so who gives me the abilities? The fact I do not have them must be a glitch?
    My Dragons:

The dragon in the Cave with the Lairshaper, opposite side from the lairshaping dragon, is the crystalshaping dragon. That's the only place to pick up crystalshaping (Or train it) in game, so I'm guessing you're going to have to go out there and get it.

If you go out there (or you've done that) and the crystal-shaper dragon either won't give you anything or won't talk to you then yes something's bugged (or something is messed up in the quest that its asking you for something you don't have yet) and one or the other or both needs to be ticketed.

But yea make sure you don't have it in your abilities areas first in case it popped in there when you weren't looking.

Also FYI Crystalshaping makes no experience for any school, though it is considered part of lairshaping (i.e. lairshaping levels determine your crystalshaping numbers). But anything you use crystalshaping to make will give no experience for any school.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thanks guys, it must have been a glitch or something. I deleted the quest then spoke with Queriata instead of Resiata, and spoke to Restalroth again to restart the quest. This time, I DID get the two new abilities, I am happy to say.
    My Dragons:

Thread Information