Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lore Requests?

Default Lore Requests?

What lore would you like to know most about?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Lore Requests?

Mmmmm worms.

I'd like to know more about the Blight. Other than Torrin Macalir, an entity born of Istaria and some of the epic mobs, were there any real leaders or structure?

What about the structure of the Empire? Are there officials of certain areas? I remember running around looking for maybe key players or figureheads for political matters and the closest thing I could find identified as officials of the Empire were the zone permit official, the spellweaver next to him (I forgot her name) and Trueheart.

Edit: Thought of another. At the risk of my character's story, what is the purpose if the shiny artifacts littered about Aradoth?
    Last edited by Shian; May 10th, 2010 at 09:09 PM.

Racial holidays and traditions for special occasions, like a wedding, coming of age or someone graduating from an education, stuff like that. The stuff that would have been deemed by the bureaucracy to not be able to include all the other races to make it an officially recognized holiday.

Saris!! more specific their story/history of their people same as dragons and dragon history stories war battles ect and other race legends

the process of how people became aegis minions. Depth if there is any sides a mage/healer/shammy or something just changin their soul to evil would be nice
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Some racial history for some (if not all) of the biped races would be nice. Maybe some more history about Torrin Macalir from 298 B.R. to around the time of the invasion of western Aradoth.
    I just lost the game.

I would like to know more about cities and places that haven't been recovered or rediscovered. Perhaps more about the Satyr Islands, or more about cities like Palmyra (sp?). You know, the general lost race/lost civilization stuff.

Of course, more draconic lore is always welcome too.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Blog Entries

I would love to more detailed information on the races, outside of just history.

I also love to see more history about the world of Istaria and more info regarding the fall and rise of the cities.

Details, details, and details, give us details!
    We always love it.

Mind lashers! Loved them ever since I did rop so many years ago and always wish there was more lore on them.

How about more lore on the towers?
    They are there but what for? Why are the watchers there? I am tired of their "ever watchful" response *shakes them violently* I am one of you! Let me in the loop!

Is there any lore on why the floating islands.... float? I can't remember anymore.

Hmmmm that is all I can think of atm.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Lore of what the Gifteds have achieved since A.R. 20, a detailed description of the old events for young players (and also nice to remember for the old ones ).
    Currently, if you don't have a veteran available to tell the stories, there is nearly no way to know about how the satyrs and dryads were freed, what was the disease in Feladan, how was fought Nazderon, etc....
    Some points of this lore are needed in quests, as the ARoP with a part on the satyr islands. If you don't already have this knowledge, these parts are really difficult if you want to do your quests without a spoiler/walkthrough.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

- more biped lore

- lore reguarding the structures inside the blight (such as the green crystals hanging on the roots ect.

- lore pertaining to where the WA comes from not how it got here

- lore pertaining to the purpose of the magic structures found at various player cites

- lore about some of the more unique creatures ruxus, treants, golems ect

Muslyx

^.^ Yes, definitely more on dragons.

I'd love to know more on the fall of Palmyra. There's a whole large area in the ED of the strange and the wierd from the Palmyran Defenders to the Wan Coast. Places there look as if they might have been groves, perhaps even houses and it even looks like they may have had a line of defense like the wall at Aughundell. There's even an area of bone piles that look like it may have been a major battle ground or ritual performed there.

More on the aegis and Torrin Macalir, specifically the old lore and events from LONG ago. The siege and fall of Rachival, the building of the wall and siege of Aughundell, and fall of Feledan and its recapture by the gifted.

The lore of the zymosis disease, the first appearances and history of the epic monsters, the building of the artifact machines to purge the taint of the blight from lands like Feladan and surrounding areas that had been conquored and retaken.

Also, its kind of a shame the barrows of Aughundell is no longer haunted like it once was. I always liked the boost in the lore which it gave. That the ghosts that inhabited the mines and barrows were the dwarves that died in the siege of Aughundell.

The tactics used by the withered aegis that helped prime the races of Istaria to a weakened condition so the Aegis and Torrin Macalir could overrun them so easily, such as the assassination and murder of all the mastercraftsmen. Did they get their first soldiers for their armies from the dead of the dryads and satyrs?

As far as dragon lore goes, I'd love to know more about the barasavarians, and people that lived in and near Tazoon. They practically worshipped dragons so it would be nice to see the lore between humans and dragons well before the time of Vandus. Given what the Barasavarian armour description shows tho, did humans really always bow to dragons?

What about the lore between the gods of Istaria as well? They didn't always get along it seems, and it would be nice to know how maybe some of them interacted. There's some out on the dryads, elves, and satyrs but some of those little fun bits of lore and fluff are missing from the other races pathenons/dieties. The game is called Istaria and yet there is so little lore out on her.

More lore on the different biped adventure classes and how they came about. For instance, how did the magic factions splinter into the various classes they now represent. Who was the first knight of creation? etc.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

It depends which server board I think is which.

Yay lore requests!

I definitely second RuneDragoon's post. But I also want to mention something about lore around Scholar Helian and General Lunus's lives. They are mentioned somewhat throughout dragon lore, but their lives or hatchling days were never truly explained. Why they believe what they do, why dragons look up to them, ect.

Didn't notice this topic was posted over 2 years ago when I posted yesterday..

hehe i was about to post holy thread rez but im guilty of doing the same thing no worries

Haha deathwinged bumped it so I thought it was new.

What about the lore between the gods of Istaria as well? They didn't always get along it seems, and it would be nice to know how maybe some of them interacted. There's some out on the dryads, elves, and satyrs but some of those little fun bits of lore and fluff are missing from the other races pathenons/dieties. The game is called Istaria and yet there is so little lore out on her.
    There's some newer lore at the farmstead near Attios' Stand. Nice little lore quest about the Pantheon.

More on the aegis and Torrin Macalir, specifically the old lore and events from LONG ago. The siege and fall of Rachival, the building of the wall and siege of Aughundell, and fall of Feledan and its recapture by the gifted.
    There's a pretty good amount of this about Rachival and Aughundell spread out in quests from Feladan to Aughundell to Delgarath. Even a bit in New Rachival I believe.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There's some newer lore at the farmstead near Attios' Stand. Nice little lore quest about the Pantheon.

There's a pretty good amount of this about Rachival and Aughundell spread out in quests from Feladan to Aughundell to Delgarath. Even a bit in New Rachival I believe.
    but amon there is NEVER enough lore

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I'm gonna second, Arzel's request for lore on Palmyra and it's "fall". I RP my character as If I'd been to/known Palmyra. That's hard for me to do when I know nothing about it OOG :P

OOOOOH! Perhaps an in-game event to bring Palmyra back!... Ok, different thread for that

-Quiiliitiila

Thread Information