Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lore Requests?

Default Re: Lore Requests?

Although this thread is old i'll post anyway. two years old infact XD
    I have always been curious about that village in the desert, Kaiyar and have only recently had the time to gather lore about it. So i went and spoken to every NPC, found Mellohdnar, learned little about Nazderon and his kingdom. I would like some more lore about Nazderon and his kingdom, as currently there is too little for my pleasing. There was also some leads i have found only ends too. For example; There was something about a sslik statue and sandstorm revealing the desert, but i'm not even sure what thats about, and it gives no clue to find out more if there is anywhere~ And the role of the preists of nyrevin and magadi to be more specific would be great too~ I mean, one NPC said about the preists taking children away, but again, a lead with an end - Kiruu said about the preists serving the king if need be, which brings me onto the next question of why Nazderon sacrificed the preists? That was also not clear to me.
    Aswell, the NPC's in Kaiyar are some of the few who have given me an idea of what istaria was like in their time, maybe some more lore based around the time before the Great Schism, and the aegis and such.

thats what i'd love the most in terms of lore~

A question came up on another thread about what the plane of Blight is, and I know I've read it somewhere but cannot find it.
    Can you explain about the Istarian planes and how they roughly relate to one another?
    There was something about various opposing energy planes, with primal as the base under all of it, I think...?

Realm of Blight from the Trials of the Gifted: Test of Knowledge, seems to be hinting that it is where the Withered Aegis come from and other creatures like kwellens, abominations, vexators, and agegors.

There is relatively little in game about the subject of the other Realms, but as far as we can tell they follow DnD-style rules: they are planes of energy, in which creatures and gods live. We know it is possible to reach them using celestial alignments and special gates, like the Gate of Embers, from the ARoP. We also know that biped magic directly channel these realm energies when using their magic (a fire mage pulls flame spells from the Realm of Fire, etc).

The Prime is especially unique, as while there is an energy (Prime) in our plane, it is not that energy alone. The original story had it so that the gods and goddess came down to the Prime after the Realm of Water was sundered into three new realms (liquid, steam, and ice), leaving behind a beautiful, unbound space that the neighboring realms and their gods just had to try to possess for themselves. While this event has most likely been retconned (reclaimed?), it is still true that the gods came to the Prime and created life or brought it with them. It is reasonable to assume that the act of entering the Prime by these realms and their denizens changed it to the natural, life filled world it is today, and why only dragons can use the Prime, as they were wrapped in its unbound form before it could be altered by the energy influx. What evidence do we have of this? The Realm of Blight.

The reason the sky gets all swirly and a pallid rain falls every time you tend to enter strong deadlands is because the Realm of Blight is directly anchored onto the Prime by Torrin's Aegis. That's why undead keep respawning, even without a current leader to do the necromancy that would be normally necessary - it is a process that would be 'natural' on the Realm of Blight. The fact that the Prime has been inundated with Blight energy is precisely why we haven't destroyed the Aegis yet, and possibly never will. It may also be the reason why we cannot go beyond the Great Barrier, the divide separating us from the eastern side of Aradoth - it could very well be *in* the Realm of Blight at this point.

That is about all we know. The only thing I am uncertain of is if there are Realms that are Ideals rather than Energy types - for instance, Daggarth is the God of Strength, and Brobbet the God of Honor. Niatha Moraven is the Goddess of Vengeance. Are there Honor and Strength realms? Realms of Vengeance? The possibility exists, as I have seen it both in DnD and other games, but we have had no indication of this in game... except perhaps the augmentation skill. That's not exactly an energy source. But hey, we'll let it slide - can't think about this stuff too hard. ;p
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Id like to see more Fiendish lore.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thread Information