Thread: Shining Blades Quest

Default Shining Blades Quest

Im not sure if anyone has made a post about this perticular "epic" quest but in my honest opinion the final product of the spell is a very sad excuse for a epic spell in the matter that a triple teched improved flame bolt does better than the shining blades spell and the Energy, flame and ice bombs are better than shining blade, even the Bruning sky spell is better than this epic quest. In my opinion this spell needs a serious overhaul before it could be classed as a epic spell, some being usable with perfect spell and multicast abilities

Default Re: Shining Blades Quest

I enjoyed the quest, but yes, the spell is quite lacking.
    Many MANY moons ago, both this spell and the conj ability Pheonix Rising were made castable on self only which esentially changed them so that they could not be used in conjuction with multi-cast or perfect spell. I would very much like to see this reviewed, atleast for Shinning Blades
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Well the Shining blades final product is a spell and really should be considered as spell since its damage is rather low, a 10 minute recycle with a chance that it will miss entirely really to me make the spell nothing but a flashy spell not worth having other than it looks pretty but that does not count for much of anything :/ First casting of the spell i was most disappointed in the time spent and the wasted comps during the quest and to make the spell. When it does about 225 slash damage to a lv 97 emerald golem made me feel like the Bitter pickle bottle cap collection is better off going into a dragons hoard than doing the quest for a flashy spell
    Last edited by starlight; May 14th, 2010 at 01:55 AM.

The issue with the damage comes from the obvious fact that it is physical damage, thus I would think armor would reduce its effectiveness. Also, I think golems have a higher resistance to slash damage then other mobs, hindering you again. I think a good idea might be to change it to Summoning, that might boost the damage a bit, more in line with Dark Cyclone. (I'm hoping a dev might read this and comment please. Perhaps a move to the Suggestions forum is needed?)
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

well i was not sure where to place this thread to begin with so might start a thread there

Count me in complete agreement that the Spell needs some work. I actually think it's fine that it is not multi-castable. But the damage should be increased to compensate. Maybe make it ethereal slash damage? and up the damage range a bit as well.

Well ok i will be starting a new shining blades quest thread in the suggestions part today so feel free to post there maybe something good will become of the currently pathetic spell

Shining Blades as it stands isn't going to change. The spell, in case you missed it, is available at level 75 so it isn't exactly epic.

However, LaughingOtter has written a quest series for a new epic-er Shining Blades which will eventually be added (just not in the current set of patches).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Even the spell dark cyclone is a lv 75 epic spell quest and is more useful and worth getting than the shining blade quest ever will currently be The shining blade unfortunately is in my opinion nothing more than a flashy spell kind of like the spell: Boom looks pretty when it goes off but this is just my opinion about the spell.
    Well this and the matter its as spell and to me means should be usable with perfect spell and multicast at the least though i don't know why it was changed or if it was ever usable with those two abilities in the begining

Speaking of Boom!, any chance of ever getting that form added back in? Or a new form I guess because the training sandstone would be hard to access. It's a fun spell. Would be neat if the scholar trainers gave it with quest dialog stating that it was useful only for parties and other special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Shining Blades as it stands isn't going to change. The spell, in case you missed it, is available at level 75 so it isn't exactly epic.

However, LaughingOtter has written a quest series for a new epic-er Shining Blades which will eventually be added (just not in the current set of patches).
    Whats your reasoning for saying that it isn't epic? It IS an epic spell. Not epic damage tho.

Make it 100% chance to hit, ethereal slash damage. Not like summoning school is overpowered..

*sighs* So a eepic-er spell quest for spell that needs the stats of the spell improved not the quest to get it, making a epic-er quest to get the spell as it stands in my opinion will make the spell even more of a left down than it already is so whats the point of this?

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    *sighs* So a eepic-er spell quest for spell that needs the stats of the spell improved not the quest to get it, making a epic-er quest to get the spell as it stands in my opinion will make the spell even more of a left down than it already is so whats the point of this?
    Well, hopefully it means an improved version is on the way once the quest is done.

That is a hopeful thought and would be in my opinion a much needed thing to happen to the spell but i currently doubt it because what would happen to those that already have the spell and the fact the devs have already stated that they have no plans to change the spell from what it is now

I had shining blades and dark cyclone, find DC much better even burning archer is much better than SB, imo some changes to SB would b better like the ethreal damage aye, a bleed effect and a stun too on a %? i mean the mobs been hit by some like 50 foot blades surely that has to have some effect :P

Thread Information