Thread: Newbie crafter

Default Newbie crafter

Hello all!

Recently someone mentioned Istaria having non-instanced housing and a nice crafting system, so I had to take a look myself. Wish I knew about this sooner! There is a lack of decent MMOs out there now, so I'm hoping to find a new home here.

My character is Xavia the mage/outfitter on Chaos, hope to meet some of you in game. I've been trying to read up on the forums a little bit, but if anyone can point me in the right direction for links to guides or advice for someone starting out I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Default Re: Newbie crafter

*serves Xavia some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

I'm not much on player guides, but I have found this to be useful:
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Why thank you Awdz for the klava and wiki!

There isn't much other than the wiki (above) and the forums in the way of guides. You may find links in the forums to a few guild sites (e.g., crimsom-dawn) that have some guides as well; however, crafting is really fairly straight forward.

Joining the new player assistance channel (at least on Chaos, Order probably has a similar channel) is worthwhile, people are quite helpful. And the Marketplace channel is aimed at selling and buying crafting services.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Welcome to Istaria. The community is friendly and helpful. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Thank you SwordMage and Scott! I'm surprised at how friendly and mature the community is, what a relief from other games.

There are some guides here:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=73

Some of the info is outdated but there's still a lot of useful stuff to read.

Thanks Ataq!

Thread Information