Thread: Lair

Default Lair

My account says I get 1 lair, how do I go about doing this. I did not see any guides on it. How much to activate it and where do I go to do this? And how much per month to keep it?

Default Re: Lair

You have to find an empty lair in the world (not owned) and purchase it using coin.

The nearer to a portal the lair is the more coin it will cost. You would be looking at a range of 500s for cheapest to several gold for the most expensive.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

You don't have to pay anything extra to keep it's in your monthly fee.

If you've found a lair and bought it, you have to design it and build it. The different parts you used in your design need different resources (you have to join the lairshaper school to get the forms and build up your skill). If build you can activate it yourself (no costs there either).

So to start go have a good look around the world for lairs, visit some to get an idea. Start saving money for the purchase and develop your skills.
    It will take some time though

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I just started, first real town after tutorial. Where do I find lairs?

They are all over the world. Visit various towns and when you are in there open up the community plot survey window (it's on the menu) and you should see them listed. Biped plots show up as 60x60 (for example) and lairs show up as (120x120x144) as they are 3 dimensional.

If you just left the starter island, you surely don't have enough money for a lair yet - as mentioned earlier the cheapest is 500s+ Unless someone gives you a gift, or you take up lairshaping and earn money building other dragon lairs, you won't have a lair for a little while.

If I get a lair, can my bi-peds also use it, my alt char.

Yes they can.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

You're welcome

I hope you have a good time playing Istaria!

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

I've been wondering about that myself, but I don't even have a lair subscription yet. How do you join the lairshaping school anyway? Who do you talk to?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Looks like there is some confusion going on with a "lair account". I think they are referring to a gifted account which will let you own one property be it a plot or lair. The property will be accessible (with appropriate property permissions set) by your alts provided you didn't purchase one of the fly only lairs that bipeds wouldn't be able to reach.

For your dragon to join the lairshaper school, the dragoncrafter trainer at Dralk will offer the introductory quest when you have the craft skill to join (seems like around lv23 dragoncrafter). I am not sure if the Chiconis dragoncrafter trainer offers it or not. The lairshaper trainer has a lair north of Dralk and is a bit of a trek out there.

Dracaena

A caution about the quest... in order to successfully complete the quest, your gemworking skill has be be 170 or above. At level 20, you get the quest to go see the lairshaper trainer, and at that point your gemworking score isn't quite that high.

Unless you want to redo part of the quest again, I'd make sure you have high enough gemworking score before starting

At level 21, your base gemworking will be 168, so you will need one more level.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Yes, you need to work up DCRA to at least 22ish (as another posted, just go to 23) to even start to get your DLS (Dragon Lairshaper) quest to open up the school.

The Lairshaper trainer (none in Chiconis, the only one outside of Dralk) and the Crystalshaper trainer (which you will also need for lair building) are both in a lair N/NW of Dralk along a road. Its a nice hike - and there are baddies - so make sure you are either high enough adventure level to get out there, or are good at timing it to avoid baddies, or take a friend to be safe .

Lairshaping, like dragon adventure and crafting, will give you quests every 10 levels to help with the next tier and give you formula. You also have Crystalshaping skill to work on (not its own school, it is counted under the lairshaper school but crystalshaping things will not give you experience to anything), and quests for it as well.

But, something you need to know, as its very important and very obnoxious (IMO due to the location of the only Lairshaping trainer in the game, the hike or fly out of Dralk) - WHEN YOU ARE IN THE LAIRSHAPER SCHOOL NOTHING YOU MAKE WILL GIVE YOU EXPERIENCE TO DRAGON CRAFTER (and visa versa - capitalized for emphasis!). So even though you are making basic bricks and slabs and orbs, if your crafter school says "lairshaper" then it won't give you experience for your dragon crafting. And if you're in "DCRA" school, and you make lairshaper parts, it won't give you experience for lairshaping.

The only way to gain experience is to *talk to the specific trainer* that wil change you back into whichever school you want to work on. So if you want to get dragon crafter experience you gotta talk to the dragon crafter trainer, he switches your school back to DCRA, and you can now make the bars/orbs/bricks/whatever for experience. If you want to switch back to DLS you gotta go back out to the trainer outside of Dralk and switch your crafting school back again.

Because of this I ALWAYS HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get *at least* a TIER ABOVE in Dragon Crafter what you want to do in dragon lairshaper. It will keep you at optimum for lairshaping (you want that!), you'll be able to make everything you need for those lair parts at that tier below, and you won't be constantly running back and forth trying to change schools to get credit for what you're building.

You certainly don't have to have a higher dragon crafter level than lairshaper - but it is really really helpful and timesaving(!!!) to do so. And you definitely have to at least have both equal, as you won't be able to build lair items if you can't make the parts - which are all basic dragon crafter parts.

Its a bit confusing as it works like a biped school and none of the other dragon schools/abilities/etc. work this way. But that's why crystalshaping gives experience for nothing at all, even though its considered a part of lairshaping. And why you have to change what your crafting designation is to get experience credit for each type of item.

Before it was launched I ground my dragonbutt up to crafter 100 for this very reason - so I wouldn't have to make the journey back and forth to switch the schools to get experience for what I was making .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Oh, and FYI - you get the majority of your lairshaping experience PLACING the finished product into a lair. So if you don't have your own yet, find someone elses to place items into so that you can get the experience you deserve for it. Unlike dragon crafting, its the long-way-around if you just grind out lairshaping objects. You get tons more experience placing the object into a lair than building it.

And there are lairs that will pay you for your build-items so make money while you level!!

And never, ever, ever place your finished items into a lair without being in the Dragon lairshaper school!! Even if you don't change it for crafting the final piece, change that school before you place it into a lair or you'll lose tons of experience!!

(for a relative example - I can craft 200 or so Smooth Malestone final pieces and get 1/3 or 1/4 or maybe 1/2 a single level - but when I place those into the lair itself I'll get an entire level or two out of those same pieces - its a huge difference!)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Yes, you need to work up DCRA to at least 22ish (as another posted, just go to 23) to even start to get your DLS (Dragon Lairshaper) quest to open up the school.

The Lairshaper trainer (none in Chiconis, the only one outside of Dralk) and the Crystalshaper trainer (which you will also need for lair building) are both in a lair N/NW of Dralk along a road. Its a nice hike - and there are baddies - so make sure you are either high enough adventure level to get out there, or are good at timing it to avoid baddies, or take a friend to be safe .

The road to the lairshaper trainer is safe, if you ran into monsters you took a wrong turn or overshot the lair. There are pygmies and friends just past the lairshaper's abode.

Dracaena

Ahh okey, I've only ever flown out there - I Just see the little mobbie icons on my mini-map . And I see the pygmies and such past the lair when I land.

Good to know the road is safe though.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information