Thread: visible dragon armor?

Default visible dragon armor?

I finally got around to the other day to get me the new head scales from the Halloween people. and a thought accord to me, well if we can have a visible overlay for the head armor why not for other parts of are body??

Default Re: visible dragon armor?

I mentioned what I need to do for making visible items on dragons in Val's concept art thread just a little bit ago. But since I know you are a 3D artist, I'll expand a bit with technical speak.

The UV maps on the dragon model will need an overhaul before we can start making visible items. To give you an idea, look at the neck on a dragon that has the "snake belly" scales. The lines of the scales are straight on the texture but they make a sharp V down the front of the neck because of the irregularities in the UV map. And that is one of the easy to fix issues. I'm going to have to create a grid texture and try to get some sanity into the UVs to make it easier to make the attaching textures. But since this will make visible changes to all dragons it has to be carefully done.

Default Re: visible dragon armor?

As there are numerous threads on this topic already, and the reasons have already been discussed in them (and again here in fact), I'm closing this one because the topic already does exist.

Thread Information