Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EU Players unable to access Istaria websites or game

Default Re: EU Players unable to access Istaria websites or game

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Lov it is good you have so much people contacting you. This problem affects all *.istaria .com so people are unable to visit the forum or filing a ticket. I thought at first that the server was down and I wonder how many people still think the same.

Indeed. An email would go a long way to help though, I think.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Some ISP's have multiple DNS servers, they probably havent queried the right one.

Also

I've only heard of one more person on Chaos so far (that has contacted us directly) and that is Ssaeros_unity (Norway).
    Correction: they probably haven't queried the same one(s) you're using.

Out of curiousity, those who can't resolve any istaria.com domains:
    Can you ping the following IPs and get responses?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

This is ridicoulos! Had the same problem here (launcher not working) and could solve the issue by the DNS server workaround. I already thought that my PC is broken..... Germany here, provider Unitymedia ;(
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Vitrium, please please send out e-mails to the player-base. Because the DNS problem also prevents from looking into the boards here. When there was not the Crimson Dawn Website, I would have not known what to do!

Former ICE

Exclamation Re: EU Players unable to access Istaria websites or game

More ISP's have been reported getting this problem now. Its time to do something guys..

The fix been around and known for months. VI was informed when it first happened in March and didnt look into the issue and its getting worse every week if not every single day.
    Last edited by Dakoren Ironhand; June 15th, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

So far there are only two ISPs known to be having issues: unitymedia and tiscali.nl. What other ISPs are affected? VI is currently trying to determine the source of the problem and that information would be useful. ("more", "various" and "a number" are not useful)

In the mean time, the affected players may also want to contact their ISP and ask for an explanation. This can be a trial of patience! If anyone does go this route, please post about it here. Ping results for the IPs I listed in my previous post may also be helpful.

As an aside, the blacklist lists linked to so far indicate that istaria.com's DNS servers are blacklisted with SORBS. That is not likely to be the cause of the problem, since virtrium.com's DNS servers are also blacklisted with SORBS, however, the tiscali.nl DNS servers are able to resolve virtrium.com hosts but not istaria.com hosts. Had SORBS blacklisting been the issue, neither domains would resolve. There's something else going on here.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    So far there are only two ISPs known to be having issues: unitymedia and tiscali.nl. What other ISPs are affected? VI is currently trying to determine the source of the problem and that information would be useful. ("more", "various" and "a number" are not useful)
    BroadPark ISP in Sweden (Drakaro's ISP)
    Tiscali ISP in UK (Alobb's ISP)
    Tele2 ISP in Netherlands (Tarlin's ISP)
    NextGenTel ISP in Norway (Shula's ISP)

Couple of others that you have already mentioned.

I don't know the ISP's for the people that Lovs has dealt with so there could potentially be more.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I do not know about that

The players are from Holland and Germany- and only one managed to be back atm.
    I shall tell him to post here.

To the others I wrote a pm (cause they contacted me via pm) but have no answer yet.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

First off let me apologize for the time it took us to resolve this.

It was a very strange problem and we never did figure out why the nameservers we were using were being blocked or not recognized by some ISP's. I would have liked to take the time to find out why it was happening but in the end it was better to just switch nameservers so everyone can access our websites again.

I did some testing this evening using the tiscali.nl nameservers that were posted by Sigi (thank you that was very helpful) and all of our website should be accessible again. This could still take a few more hours to propogate out to all ISP's but if you know of anyone that is still having problems tomorrow please let us know. Also ask them to let us know what DNS Servers they are using, they can get this info by typing in the "ipconfig /all" command in a command prompt window.

That is good news
    Thanks~!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I can confirm that the Nextgentel ISP DNS is working again...

It also works again with Unitymedia in Germany. Many thanks! ;-)

Former ICE

Thread Information