Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spawn Issues Thread

Default Re: Spawn Issues Thread

Rest of the Breeders are on the beach, not sure if they are 'linked' but quest dialog tells to look in the forest.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

T2 undead have staged a coup in Copperton, Genevia. Risen Militia Veterans, Camp Grunts, and Risen Militia Leftenants (lv28-30) have assumed control of the property near the landing pad at:

Community ID: 75835
    Plot ID: 2090781
    Position: 15394 13644
    Order Shard

Dracaena

Currently, I'm working on the dragon quest to kill 50 arbotus north of feladan (Spiked Scales VII). After 1 hour I managed to find (and thus kill) 11 of them. Don't know if they spawn somewhere else, or I should ignore the instructions and fly somewhere else instead of north of Feladen.. Moved to the WEST of Lenera, maybe the quest-text should be updated.
    Last edited by Royal; September 9th, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    T2 undead have staged a coup in Copperton, Genevia. Risen Militia Veterans, Camp Grunts, and Risen Militia Leftenants (lv28-30) have assumed control of the property near the landing pad at:

Community ID: 75835
    Plot ID: 2090781
    Position: 15394 13644
    Order Shard

Dracaena
    Thank you. Typo in the spawn region. Got it for the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Currently, I'm working on the dragon quest to kill 50 arbotus north of feladan (Spiked Scales VII). After 1 hour I managed to find (and thus kill) 11 of them. Don't know if they spawn somewhere else, or I should ignore the instructions and fly somewhere else instead of north of Feladen.. Moved to the WEST of Lenera, maybe the quest-text should be updated.
    Fixing the spawn rather than the quest. Spawns along the road to Feladan Woods will be more balanced.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Not sure if it's been brought up elsewhere or not, but for some odd reason, the Last Stand upper marble quarry (before the ramp down into the other field closer to Mithril's Anvil) is infested with only marble boulder golems. The regular marble golems seem to have taken a family vacation. As noted elsewhere, Brecah has been spawning incredibly fast. Tagath noted last week that Brecah also has an odd power. While walking along, it will aggro on him and while continuing to walk will do Avalanche and other attacks. The one time, Brecah even walked out of the field and killed him though Tagath was out of range to be able to use Dragon's Reach or Keen Improved Prime Bolt 3.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Not sure if it's been brought up elsewhere or not, but for some odd reason, the Last Stand upper marble quarry (before the ramp down into the other field closer to Mithril's Anvil) is infested with only marble boulder golems. The regular marble golems seem to have taken a family vacation. As noted elsewhere, Brecah has been spawning incredibly fast. Tagath noted last week that Brecah also has an odd power. While walking along, it will aggro on him and while continuing to walk will do Avalanche and other attacks. The one time, Brecah even walked out of the field and killed him though Tagath was out of range to be able to use Dragon's Reach or Keen Improved Prime Bolt 3.
    Yes, this was mentioned in another thread. Already taken care of for the next patch.

sry if double post(?)

where have the giant icebeetles gone pls?
    only a few on IoI,
    only a few north of Morning Light
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    sry if double post(?)

where have the giant icebeetles gone pls?
    only a few on IoI,
    only a few north of Morning Light
    There are still tons (well over 100 can spawn in the world at any given time) but they no longer instantly respawn and they aren't on linked spawns. Some places they are at: Frozen Lodge, Drakul, Frozen Peninsula, Glaciar Canyon, and the Island of Ice.

thy much Amon- did not know that

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There are still tons (well over 100 can spawn in the world at any given time) but they no longer instantly respawn and they aren't on linked spawns. Some places they are at: Frozen Lodge, Drakul, Frozen Peninsula, Glaciar Canyon, and the Island of Ice.
    Along this same vein, I've noticed that the spawn rates in general seem WAY down on Isle of Ice. Has there been a change in the last couple months? Specifically I've been hunting Emerald Golems. Used to be that there would be a dozen or 2 wander by the landing pad for a while (mixed between Emerald and Peridot) that you could kill off before moving on to the next spot where they would keep nicely spawning and wandering by. Last night, I popped over there, found 1 by the pad. then ran the southern coast (as I normally do) and found nothing till the first area with the mounds, where I found 2 wolves (where there had never been any wolves before) and 1 beetle. Killed those off and moved on. Found nothing for a while. Went about half way to the far end of the island and sat around for a while. Would have one or two wander by every 5-10 mins or so. Did not see either of the two named that hang out there. In the past, sitting there could be a death trap as they just kept comming, wave after wave of golems, with the two named in the mix.

Please take a peak at increasing the spawn over there a little bit. The Isle is kinda lonely without critters to kil.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Along this same vein, I've noticed that the spawn rates in general seem WAY down on Isle of Ice. Has there been a change in the last couple months? Specifically I've been hunting Emerald Golems. Used to be that there would be a dozen or 2 wander by the landing pad for a while (mixed between Emerald and Peridot) that you could kill off before moving on to the next spot where they would keep nicely spawning and wandering by. Last night, I popped over there, found 1 by the pad. then ran the southern coast (as I normally do) and found nothing till the first area with the mounds, where I found 2 wolves (where there had never been any wolves before) and 1 beetle. Killed those off and moved on. Found nothing for a while. Went about half way to the far end of the island and sat around for a while. Would have one or two wander by every 5-10 mins or so. Did not see either of the two named that hang out there. In the past, sitting there could be a death trap as they just kept comming, wave after wave of golems, with the two named in the mix.

Please take a peak at increasing the spawn over there a little bit. The Isle is kinda lonely without critters to kil.
    Yes, they were adjusted. No spawn should be the way you describe. They are now spread out across the island. If you want to kill lots of Emerald Golems, you will need to move around more.

Yes, they were adjusted. No spawn should be the way you describe. They are now spread out across the island. If you want to kill lots of Emerald Golems, you will need to move around more.
    But that's part of my point. I've had nights where I've circled the entire island, including inside the two craters and maybe found a dozen or two critters. Total. And slaughtering everything doesn't seem to help. I understand you might not want wave after wave of critters descending on players (and I can recommend a few areas where this is happening) but at the same time, with a bit of movement it would be nice to have constant enemies.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I agree with SiLang here.
    Isle of Ice is really "dead" atm- no fun to hunt there.

But more important to me:
    Where have the radiant wisps gone?
    One in the swamp, one in Fela..what happened?

Its not that dead as you first impression might tell, fly like 5m above ground and wait 2 minutes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Its not that dead as you first impression might tell, fly like 5m above ground and wait 2 minutes :P
    Well that raises an interesting question for me.

So the spawns on IoI are now all spreadout and unlinked from each other. In order to find mobs you have to run around the Island which is fair enough.

However, if you have to move to a spot where there might be 2 beetles, kill them, then wait potentially 2 mins for the rest of them to spawn doesnt this sound a bit problematic?

Example (as I see it, I could be wrong)
    You would have to move from one spot to another, wait 2 mins, kill the mobs, move to the next spot, wait 2 mins, kill the mobs, repeat etc.

Not a natural flow, more like a start, wait, start, move, wait, etc.

Now the reason we have to wait 2 mins or so is because there is an intial spawn value, then a delay until the maximum spawn value. Could we not have intial spawn values that match the maximum spawn value? (or if thats not realistic can we have a high intial spawn value?).

There is also another side to this,

If a player has to run around the island to find the mobs, given the speed that most ppl run at you can do circuits quite quickly. If there is only say 2 mobs for a spawn then they will be dead in 10-30 secs (especially if your a dragon).

So if your constantly moving to find the mobs does that mean that you arent standing still (or within the trigger zone) long enough to cause the spawns to reach the maximum spawn value?

Sorry just a few thoughts that occurred to me :P
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Please keep posts in this thread to actual bugs. The spawns on the Island of Ice spawn far more than 2. And the behavior you described is how it would work if it were linked. Which it isn't. The spawns are independent from one another. So, if you kill 10 in one area the next area over (which isn't linked) may also have 10 spawned while you were fighting (if you were close enough to activate the spawn).

I have not had 10 beetles since patch.
    Its even hardly possible to pull 10 together.
    Its hard to pull 10 mobs at all.
    I`m an experienced hunter, and I know how to activate a spawn and so I say it again: Its no fun to hunt there,
    and I do not understand why things had to be changed.
    Maybe you can have a look at this again, Amon *charming dragonsmile*

I`m posting this as a bug- cause it feels like a bug to us !

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Just came across something odd. It appears in the Valley of Tolrath that the Dwarf Skeleton Raider crossbowmen are spawning in pairs. Now, normally I could accept this, except that the pairs are in the same XY coordinates and move at EXACTLY the same time to the same locations. Attacking one has no effect on the second's health, but they are both drawn and attack separately.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

This was unintended. Will be fixed with the next patch. For future reference (and so others don't post), the Guardian of Blood probably also does this.
    From Juy when Amon posted this I was there last week and the death dealers are still camping in the tent poor little homeless guys bugging him like that LOL.
    Andy.

Thread Information