Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spawn Issues Thread

Default Spawn Issues Thread

I've started a new "Spawn Issues" thread because many of the ones reported in the other thread were resolved. Use this thread to post new ones that you encounter.

Default Re: Spawn Issues Thread

Doing the Dralnok quest line. Stuck at the valley of tolrath where you have to kill raiders and sergeants. The raiders have a good spawn, but I didn't find a single sergeant despite being there for nearly an hour.

I found Sargeants somewhat west of the Raiders. Try approaching spawn area from the west (slowly to allow the spawn to materialize). If this does not work, then perhaps something has changed.

Knossos

No changes were made to this spawn with the recent content update. Thre are FAR fewer Sergeants than the others and they aren't going to instantly respawn. So keep hunting.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Exclamation Re: Spawn Issues Thread

Could you verify about the Task-Master of terror, a mob we can normally find at Alged, for a quest (Island of Alged: Defeat the Taskmaster)? I've looked for it with friends, killing every other abominations we found, but it didn't spawn...

The Islands are setup in a very haphazard manner so all I can confirm is that the TaskMaster is part of the potential pool of monsters that can spawn. Sadly, that pool is very large.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

We were five adv lvl 100 ancient dragons, flying everywhere at Alged for hours, and killed (at least) 50 normal abominations, but we didn't find any taskmaster... the hotkey to target a single type of mob didn't targetit, neither.

Will the spawns of the Islands be fixed with the revamp? or is this something you can tweak in a patch? I cant tell you how hard it is to get a decent stockpile of comps from monsters that you literally got to track down ninja kill and get the heck out of there before your the new epic dead corps on that island

Vex red and blue have very low spawn rates
    blue vex are around 5 or 6 spread out
    red vex are around 3 to 4 spread out

Energized kwellen have very low spawn rates with the kwellen offend times there is only 1 or 2 on the whole island

the figures given are on the small islands.

The large island /land mass has a dense population of withered ages , undead , and bugs on only 30 % of the main island the location of the populated 30 % starts from the pad and expands in a dog leg type shape the rest is desolate no monsters what so ever.

for temporary arrangements untill the islands are fixed in there entirety
    (by the way your revamp jobs are top notch ) and we don't know when you can revamp them . would you use some of the blank part of the big island that is unpopulated and put some of the severely underpopulated mobs of the renaming 3 islands there to balance there spawn

Also the large island has only 4 max energized kwellen
    Last edited by lightning claw; June 28th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Vex red and blue have very low spawn rates
    blue vex are around 5 or 6 spread out
    red vex are around 3 to 4 spread out
    On one of the small islands earlier today, I saw 7 vexators at the same time. 5 of them were within attacking range. If it wasn't for the **** satyr orb things I would have collected quite a few fringes.

I've found that the vexators like to stop on-top of each other. And frankly I think your estimates are low. Might I suggest that you spend a few hours on Elnath just following the pathing routes? I found that to be the best way to figure out the best places to wait for vexators to spawn.

Energized kwellen have very low spawn rates with the kwellen offend times there is only 1 or 2 on the whole island
    The Kwellen patrols are pretty regular and I've regularly had the fortune (on Elnath) of having 2 aggro against me. Having 2 Kwellen within the same spawn area is a frequent occurance on the other islands as well.

That said, a revamp of the mob spawns in the satyr islands would be very nice. Ogre Zombies in particular are extremely difficult to find. (Actually, maybe the ogre zombie spawn in the eastern deadlands can be sped up a bit to compensate? You can always find 3 on the path, but the respawn is something like 15 minutes...)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No changes were made to this spawn with the recent content update. Thre are FAR fewer Sergeants than the others and they aren't going to instantly respawn. So keep hunting.
    I found them after maint yesterday. People on the shard have told me that they don't stop following you after they aggro and eventually they become "pets" and don't attack. At this point when someone recalls or teleports away, they stand on the spot they last saw their target and remain there until someone wanders past them to kill them, or until maintenance.

Sometimes the undead on trandalar go above level 60. Although they're still given the "greater" title, these mobs will drop t4 loot, including t4 comps.

Edit : this applies to WA that are also exactly lvl 60.
    Last edited by Xarog; July 1st, 2010 at 02:30 AM.

Death Dealer, Blighted Clerics, Phantom Mages spawning in the Bloodskulk Chieftain's tent along with the Chieftain and Digda. It's getting a bit crowded in there.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    We were five adv lvl 100 ancient dragons, flying everywhere at Alged for hours, and killed (at least) 50 normal abominations, but we didn't find any taskmaster... the hotkey to target a single type of mob didn't targetit, neither.
    They spawn on all Satyr Islands. Maybe try checking the other isles
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Death Dealers, Blighted Clerics, Ogre Bodyguard and possibly something else spawned with Guardian Of Heart in the Rift today.

If this is intended in some way, they need to be proper rift creatures, not creatures from the realm of Blight. What reason have they to be in the realm of None?
    Last edited by Shian; July 5th, 2010 at 05:35 AM.

Though I realize that this was brought up in the last Spawn Issues Thread, I've had issues finding the Weaker Sslik Skeleton Ravagers. I've run alongside the road from Parsinia to Sslanis, trying to follow the advice given in the last thread. However, I still haven't gotten them to spawn no matter what side of the road I'm on or how far away I get from the road.

I've tried asking on the channel on Order, but I haven't gotten help there. Is there a specific area I need to be at to trigger the spawn, or is there something else going on?

Efinarcai Guarisart and Kyatra Dahk-- Order Server

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Weaker Sslik Skeleton Ravagers are found north of the smelter by the Lakes of Crystal Tears, just east of the bronze and sandstone field with all the wonderful pet golems.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Weaker Sslik Skeleton Ravagers are found north of the smelter by the Lakes of Crystal Tears, just east of the bronze and sandstone field with all the wonderful pet golems.
    I've tried this location and only found Weaker Saris Skeletons, Weaker Saris Skeleton Marauders, and Weaker Saris Skeleton Raiders. No Sslik Skeletons at all, much less Ravagers.

Efinarcai Guarisart and Kyatra Dahk-- Order Server

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Death Dealers, Blighted Clerics, Ogre Bodyguard and possibly something else spawned with Guardian Of Heart in the Rift today.

If this is intended in some way, they need to be proper rift creatures, not creatures from the realm of Blight. What reason have they to be in the realm of None?
    This was unintended. Will be fixed with the next patch. For future reference (and so others don't post), the Guardian of Blood probably also does this.

Quote Originally Posted by ConveyusPrime View Post
    I've tried this location and only found Weaker Saris Skeletons, Weaker Saris Skeleton Marauders, and Weaker Saris Skeleton Raiders. No Sslik Skeletons at all, much less Ravagers.
    After some searching, it appears Ravagers and Protectors are indeed missing. We're working on getting this fixed.

I have found no Shrunken Purple Weavers since the name change from Purple Spider Hatchlings. Abundance of Purple Weavers though and a few of what was Purple Spider Breeders. Killing lots of Purple Weavers resulted in little of relatives.

Knossos

Thread Information