Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: [Closed] Current Bugs

Default Re: Current Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Quest - Umbelroth - Attunement to Drakul

After you collect the clawful of ash the questlog doesn't update to say return to Umbelroth. Nor is there any quest feedback to say return to Umbelroth.

Not really a bug but - On the 2nd step where you bathe in the currents the questlog doesnt tell you where to go to bathe, so if the player hasn't read the dialog from Umbelroth they are going to get stuck and have to delete and redo quest
    Got it, thanks. Will redo some of this quest to make it more clear.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quest - Gerix - Attunement to Aedan

1st step of the quest isn't very clear

Gerix tells you, 'Here is a Primal Energy Collector. Just keep it with you while you fight the wolves. But the small weak wolves will not provide enough energy, the wolves on Lesser Aradoth Island will not due for our purposes. When you have killed enough, the Collector will be charged with their life energies. Bring the charged collector back to me. You might try looking for wolves south of here in the forest. The Greymanes would likely work well.'

Grammatical error - 'due'

Also asks you to kill Greymanes but the questlog states kill wolves over lvl 21 (greymanes are not high enough and don't count).

I went to Kings Cross and killed the brown wolves they were sufficient to progress the quest
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Not sure if this really counts as a bug, but I just realised that none of the dragon adventure/craft trainers in chiconis or dralk have their titles under their names anymore

For example
    Kaliphar - Should have title of "Dragon Gift Trainer"

I can't remember if it has always been this way on chaos, I certainly remember on Unity that all the trainers had titles under their names.

I can provide a list of affected NPC's if necessary.

Putting the titles back would make it easier for new players to identify what the trainers offer. Take Kaliphar for example again, unless you are ready for a quest from him you would not know that he gives the dragon gift quests.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quest - Khemarius - Drain Bolt I

There isn't any link from Gerix, Kerian or Avariatus that the drain bolt quests start at level 10 adventure.

Maybe change the first drain bolt quest so that it starts from Gerix (as part of the level 10 dragon quests) and leads them to Khemarius.

Otherwise I can't see a link via Quests that point players to the Drain Bolt quests.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by aegor View Post
    Chaos - Forest and Jungle Crawler Hatchlings - no trophies dropping from either of these mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This is by design.
    Why then are thoraxes from both of these hatchlings in the level 1 - 5 trophy quests? There are only 4 quests at that level hence, by design, 50% of the available quests cannot be completed.

Why then are thoraxes from both of these hatchlings in the level 1 - 5 trophy quests? There are only 4 quests at that level hence, by design, 50% of the available quests cannot be completed.
    To allow players to use up the tokens they have.

Ok, this bug has annoyed me for YEARS and I finally found out how to replicate it :

The mouse pointer sometimes gets stuck with a strange pointer until you restart Istaria.

For example, if you open the character window and hover over a clickable link, and then close the window by pressing C (and not moving the mouse off the link before the window is closed), the mouse pointer gets stuck instead of reverting like it should. I haven't figured out how the cursor gets stuck with the resize pointer yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bug has the same root cause.

Helian Phylactery does nothing when fighting Lem. If I hit "use" it sits in the queue and never fires. Same thing if it's on a hotkey. The item says it consumes a glowing essence orb, but nothing in the quest series tells you to get these orbs. Bug?

The quest completes without even firing it, but the quest text says that you need to prepare it to contain Lem's essence. How?

Edit: Okay, so it's used against Seliena. Could the text be altered to be a little more specific?
    Last edited by Shian; July 7th, 2010 at 04:58 AM.

I have checked all craft trainers in game but I have been unable to find the trainers that sell the following forms

Journeyman Enchanter
    Expert Fletcher

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/index.php?p=161
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Helian Phylactery does nothing when fighting Lem. If I hit "use" it sits in the queue and never fires. Same thing if it's on a hotkey. The item says it consumes a glowing essence orb, but nothing in the quest series tells you to get these orbs. Bug?

The quest completes without even firing it, but the quest text says that you need to prepare it to contain Lem's essence. How?

Edit: Okay, so it's used against Seliena. Could the text be altered to be a little more specific?
    I've just tested the Helian Phylactery again against Lem, and it did damage. It does not do as much damage point wise to Lem as it will to Seliena, but it does do damage. I'm not sure why the one you were using did not.

The quest has never required that you use the Phylactery, only suggested it, and allowed the combat to be easier. And the Helian Phylactery has always required the orbs, though I'm not sure why so didn't modify the quest text to say anything about it.

I have checked all craft trainers in game but I have been unable to find the trainers that sell the following forms

Journeyman Enchanter
    Expert Fletcher

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/index.php?p=161
    Richlan the Enchanter in Dalimond has them.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Richlan the Enchanter in Dalimond has them.
    Thanks, updated my list.

What about the Expert Fletcher forms, who has them or are they missing?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks, updated my list.

What about the Expert Fletcher forms, who has them or are they missing?
    Hmm, apparently there isn't one. Will get that fixed for the next patch.

Kelakhan sends dragons off to pick up glowing essence, some sort of Satyr Island silver bars, and a bone splinter for Breath of Ice/Lightning; in both cases he yanked the three things from my inventory and tried to talk to me, despite being in the Western Deadlands (for ice) and by the smelter in Dralk (for lightning). The step finished, but the quest doesn't move forward until you talk to him a bit; can't do it long-distance despite his snaking the items and greeting you once.

Everything worked perfectly once I flew back to him and spoke to him again.

Quest: Plundered Tombs: Investigate the tomb of Borannis

Destroy ten (10) Risen Skeletons in the Tomb of Borannis…

The Risen Necromancer also counts as a skeleton while it resembles a mummy.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quest : Flowers for millie's table gather 5 flowers Dragon ingenuity ability dose not work
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    ...The quest has never required that you use the Phylactery, only suggested it, and allowed the combat to be easier. And the Helian Phylactery has always required the orbs, though I'm not sure why so didn't modify the quest text to say anything about it.
    While the quest has never actually "required" the use of the phylactory, the lore explicitly implies its use is needed:

Original Helian ROP relevant section:

"Semeneth tells you, 'You must infuse your phylactery with enough power to animate your new form, when the time comes. This requires an unusual power, one which only a few spirits contain. You may have already noticed the item has a power; this is what you will use to absorb these spirits and charge the vessel."

the item- he is referring to the Helian Phylactory.
    Use it to absorb these spirits - sounds like to me he is suggesting using it on the target spirits (lem, selenia the brilliant). Using the Helian/Lunus phylactories on these mobs has always been the fastest method of defeating them. That is what absorbing their spirits energy does to them, it hurts them severly ultimately killing them.

Whether this section of the text is the same since the revamp I do not know. Changing it would be un-necessary and simply mess up existing lore.

I suppose as long as the phylactory does work and do damage to these targets, there is no issue. What kind of damage would a level 50 hatchy do to these targets since the changes?

Soul Devour IV

While having fun with the new and for some improved Shadow Dragon I got infected with Soul Devour IV.
    While a lvl 100 ancient didn’t even have to fear the old 700k SD I didn’t exactly fear the new 114k version, but did notice the above named ability.
    When checking the specifics I noticed something odd..

It would seem that there is a 150% or 250% chance to receive additional Ethereal damage. Even when using print screen and zooming in the number before the 50% is very difficult to read.

Decaying Bite IV

Initial attack is Slash damage, shouldn't it be Pierce like the regular Bite attack?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragonboy; July 10th, 2010 at 01:32 PM.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Trophy Hunter Quests levels 36 - 40. (Dalimond and Chiconis)
    NPC asks "Go collect 5 Corpse Fly Thoraxes" and
    "Go collect 5 Brownback Wolf paws"

In both cases the quest logs comes up as - "Go collect 5 Brownback Wolf Skulls" hence these quests cannot be completed as the NPC does not recognise the items originally requested by the NPC in your inventory.

Also Level 31 - 35 quest which is for Brownback Wolf Skulls cannot be completed as no brownback Wolf drops these trophies.

I think that the Hunter and Outlier wolves should probably be the ones to drop this item as they are Level 30 - 35 but instead they drop Brownback Claws (HV 25) which do not appear in any of the Trophy Hunter Quests.

Trophy Hunter Quests levels 36 - 40. (Dalimond and Chiconis)
    NPC asks "Go collect 5 Corpse Fly Thoraxes" and
    "Go collect 5 Brownback Wolf paws"

In both cases the quest logs comes up as - "Go collect 5 Brownback Wolf Skulls" hence these quests cannot be completed as the NPC does not recognise the items originally requested by the NPC in your inventory.

Also Level 31 - 35 quest which is for Brownback Wolf Skulls cannot be completed as no brownback Wolf drops these trophies.

I think that the Hunter and Outlier wolves should probably be the ones to drop this item as they are Level 30 - 35 but instead they drop Brownback Claws (HV 25) which do not appear in any of the Trophy Hunter Quests.
    The brownback wolf quest was already fixed in the June content update. If you had the quest from before then, drop it and get it again.

The Fly quest will be fixed in the next patch.

Thread Information