Thread: H'wood, Celebrities, and Jailtime.

Default H'wood, Celebrities, and Jailtime.

Okay, so today I went to work, and as per usual Thursday, the new magazines came in, including the tabloids.

Now, everyone knows that Tabloids can only be taken with a grain of salt; probably half of what is in said tabloids aren't even true.

Anyways, one of them (Star, I think?) had a huge picture of Lindsay Lohan in tears, with this... absolutely terrifying face of pure, utter agony. Actually I looked twice, because at first I thought she was laughing, but then I saw her eyes, and I'm like "eeew, what did they _do_ to her!? Did they kill her mother right in front of her eyes or something?"

Here it turns out that Ms. Lohan is in a suicidal state over going to jail. Why is she going to jail? I think I read once, I forget... something about alcohol abuse, even though she was a minor at the time? Drunken and Disorderly? Showing up late for a court hearing? Maybe the other gazillion things she's done wrong since she got her (in)fame?

Anyways, I decided to take a look at this magazine while I was on break. I figured, hey, prisons are bad. If I learned I was going to go to jail tomorrow, I'd be pretty dang scared myself. Not that I would ever do anything to actually go to jail in the first place, but eh. That's another topic.

Anyways, I flip through the magazine, enjoying the various images of half-naked girls (I'm a guy IRL), and "eeewing" at other half-naked girls who are actually very ugly (esp the 80-lb 'see your skeleton' waifs), then I finally got to the cover story.

There's this image of a pretty clean room. Small, but clean. A bed that looked quite pristine, cement floor and walls. Not the flies-buzzing-around-stained toilet "eeew" that many prisons are pictured having. and then I was reading that she'd have to eat milk and cereal in the morning, and basic foods for lunch and supper... that's not so bad, is it? They feed you for free! They also give her an hour to go out and stretch her legs for awhile, etc.

Waking up at 5:30 AM kinda blows, but oh well. I did that for awhile in the Marine Corps bootcamp. You get used to it after the first few days, and its not like they make you do anything physically exhausting or scary in prison (well, other than the r*pe and the fear of such that goes on in prison these days).

So I'm reading this, and I'm thinking "um... okay...." then I got to the part....

Did I mention that she was going to jail for

NINETY DAYS!?

Seriously, 90 days? 3 Months?

Lemme get this straight...

They are sending Ms. Lohan to the cleanest dang prison I've ever seen photos of, a place that sounds like it was built especially for high-fame people just like her (which should give her a fairly nil chance of getting r*ped, she's more in danger of that just by clubbing than she ever would be in prison), and she's only going to be there for ninety-freaking-days.

Honestly.

Seriously, Ms. Lohan? Grow the heck up. Grab the nearest tabloid and look up a guy named Joran van der Sloot. Seriously, did you see the prison that he was sent to? What he had to do (that I can't even mention in a forum like this...) to ensure his safety from the other inmates? You're getting off easy compared to something like that.

People who do the crap you've done usually get Five years or more. In nastier prisons.

We didn't tell you to go drinking underage and get caught. We didn't tell you to completely waste your life and fortune on clubbing. We didn't tell you to be irresponsible more than once, and wind up in jail. You did the crime, just be an adult and do the time instead of threatening to commit suicide over ninety-freaking-days.

As for the rest of Hollywood, I think the Feds should step in. Make every "celebrity" take a urine test, and if any drugs are found, ship em off to jail. In fact, regular, impromptu urine tests should be required by law in movie production. We need to clean up Hollywood once and for all, then maybe we'll actually start getting some decent movies, when actors will be actors because they want to be actors instead of seeing it as a fast-track to getting rich and having lots of parties.

/rant
    Last edited by Dhalin; July 16th, 2010 at 03:04 AM.

Default Re: H'wood, Celebrities, and Jailtime.

We need to clean up Hollywood once and for all, then maybe we'll actually start getting some decent movies, when actors will be actors because they want to be actors instead of seeing it as a fast-track to getting rich and having lots of parties.
    So true... the best movies atm don't even have actors in front of the camera. Eg Toy story 3.

Now the list of Bad movies.... where do we start? The last airbender? 8% fresh on RT. Give us a break!!

*nods and agrees*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    As for the rest of Hollywood, I think the Feds should step in. Make every "celebrity" take a urine test, and if any drugs are found, ship em off to jail. In fact, regular, impromptu urine tests should be required by law in movie production. We need to clean up Hollywood once and for all, then maybe we'll actually start getting some decent movies, when actors will be actors because they want to be actors instead of seeing it as a fast-track to getting rich and having lots of parties.
    /rant
    Are you sure that won't be simply shutting down Hollywood all together?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee sorry dha, this is def one topic where we will have to agree to disagree.
    being a devoted believer in Schadenfreude, in all its many and beautiful forms and much like kathy griffin, I ADORE AND THANK ALL THE GODS FOR CELEBIDIOTS!!!!! i revel in their misfortune, i bathe in all the tabloids, i breathe the very scent of their azzholeishness from the stink factories of e! and vh-1.......

radaronline.com and howard stern are running excerpts of the current mel gibson breakdown and i can't even tell you how much happiness it is giving me......

i say give em all the likker and drugs and party life they can handle and see who turns into the next robert downey jr. the rest will give me amusement for decades (i still talk fondly of peeps like sean young and tatum o'neal - hell the whole o'neal clan is gonna give me the giggles for years to come, i am sure....)
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Well I totally disagree with the jailing anyone who has a dirty piss test...but that's not the point

I can't tell you how many teens we have in juve who regularly have to be on suicide watch - not because they're in danger of actually killing themselves; but because they voice it and they're stupid enough to do something that might hurt and we'd get sued for NOT watching them. I don't care what anyone's physical age is, their mental age doesn't always correspond and I'd say that is true for Ms. Lohan..so view her as any other 15 or 16 year old (yea they'd be sobbing going to jail lol).

On the other hand, I'd be sobbing too if I was going to jail for a week, much less 90 days. Not because I'd be innocent or think I didn't dserve it - but it dont matter how pretty jail is its the INMATES I'd be petrified of. THAT is why I'd be sobbing my butt off!

I had a psych. professor who specialized in Forensics and he said himself that if he EVER went to prison/jail the FIRST thing he would do is take a swing at a guard so he could be put in Soliatary. Nice, quiet, protected, solitary! If they tried to let himn out, he'd take another swing so he could get put right back in. Sure, 23 hours a day in a cell sucks but being in general population sucks more!

And I'm in agreement. If you ever find my butt in jail, I'm getting my butt in solitary ASAP!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Well I totally disagree with the jailing anyone who has a dirty piss test...but that's not the point

I can't tell you how many teens we have in juve who regularly have to be on suicide watch - not because they're in danger of actually killing themselves; but because they voice it and they're stupid enough to do something that might hurt and we'd get sued for NOT watching them. I don't care what anyone's physical age is, their mental age doesn't always correspond and I'd say that is true for Ms. Lohan..so view her as any other 15 or 16 year old (yea they'd be sobbing going to jail lol).

On the other hand, I'd be sobbing too if I was going to jail for a week, much less 90 days. Not because I'd be innocent or think I didn't dserve it - but it dont matter how pretty jail is its the INMATES I'd be petrified of. THAT is why I'd be sobbing my butt off!

I had a psych. professor who specialized in Forensics and he said himself that if he EVER went to prison/jail the FIRST thing he would do is take a swing at a guard so he could be put in Soliatary. Nice, quiet, protected, solitary! If they tried to let himn out, he'd take another swing so he could get put right back in. Sure, 23 hours a day in a cell sucks but being in general population sucks more!

And I'm in agreement. If you ever find my butt in jail, I'm getting my butt in solitary ASAP!
    See, that's a pretty good analysis of _normal_ jails... I'm not all that convinced that "High Profile" jails for famous people are anywhere near that bad. With the multi-millions that these famous people have, they surely know that putting them in general pop in a normal jail is just asking for disaster; every person in that jail is going to want a piece of that.

Hence why I said the bit that I said about Ms. Lohan -- I don't think she has to be too scared of the inmates, depending on which prison excatly they send her. That, and it sounds like she is already going to solitary. The cell they showed the pictures of looked like your classic solitary setup and the fact she only gets 1 hour outside of the cell.

@Velveeta: lol. I read the tabloids too (though I don't believe half of what is in them), and I will agree that I get a chuckle now and then out of some of the stupidity I read of these people... Honestly. Still, though, I would like actual decent movies even more.

About the piss tests: Okay, okay, maybe more than just the piss test, but still. They need to find some way to hold these people accountable for their actions, regardless how much money they have. They should have to pay the same we do, if we get caught doing the same crime. Like I said, anyone doing the crap Ms. Lohan did, would have likely gotten at least 5 years in prison. Not 90 days. Why the heck does _she_ get off so easy? Or Paris Hilton, or anyone else in Hollywood for that matter. They shouldn't get off easier just because they have lots of money. What's that teaching the general population? That money can buy you anything, including the "justice" system?

My actuall reasons for the "piss test" comment was more about legalization vs. non-legalization of certain drugs. But again not a topic for here . Feel free to PM me about it I"lol discuss it till the cows come home, but I know it wouldn't be kosher here lol.

Ahh if she's only getting an hour then yea its probalby solitary/protective custody - in which case it sucks a bit but yea easy time, just boring as hell. I'd be dropping to my knees thanking Jeebus I was in solitary myself..lol.

And I agree celebrities need to be just as accountable, but I also think you're overestimating the time most do due to drunk charges and the like (not saying illegal drugs necessarily). After spending time working in an inpatient rehab facility I can tell you that celebrities aren't the only ones who don't get years in jail for drunk driving, public intox, stealing, fraud, working under the influence (i.e. doctors, pilots, etc.), Pot smoking...etc.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

right on frith - i have a 'friend' (for lack of a better word) who have been a drunk, drugabusing dope dealer for 30 years now, and i think he has been in a jail cell for a total of maybe a week - even after numberless times getting caught and arrested (everything from a mel gibsonsque rant at cops to being in a drug den when it was raided - and when i say everything in between, believe me, this one time it is no exaggeration).....
    news in the paper every day about someone getting thrown in jail after they 10th time caught drunk driving, even in vehicular manslaughter cases, and nothing more than the cliched 'wrist slap'.....
    hey i openly admit to being a pot head (my doctors call it self medication), but somehow i have managed to conduct my life in a more or less law abiding, nonlethal, somewhat moral way, and i don't have money.....

sorry this is a touchy subject for me too, and i have my strong feeling vis a vis the legalization thing.....maybe someday i will post a link to the report on the subject i wrote.....

1 annoying arogant chick down, only ms Hilton to go... Multiple arrests for drugs possesion in different countries. When will it be jail time for that girl.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    1 annoying arogant chick down, only ms Hilton to go... Multiple arrests for drugs possesion in different countries. When will it be jail time for that girl.
    Oh, there are far more annoying people than Ms. Lohan or Hilton who think they are above the law.

And besides, Ms. Lohan will get out of jail after the 90 days, and just continue to pull her *beeep* all over again.

Oh, and Ms. Hilton already had her stint in jail. All, what was that, 30 days of it?

And really they are pretty innocent all things considered..

As Val said - what about the people who you know actually committed manslaughter, sold heroine to kids..stuff like that. THEY get off same as the famous people do. THAT is who you should be getting mad about.

Who cripin cares if Lohan or Hilton gets put in jail for a week for drinking and pot smoking. Aww they're such criminals! ZOMG!

Personally I wish nothign that happened in either of their lives was "news worthy"..but hey..that's another reality..
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Do a search for "Ralph Macchio wax on" and take pity on a guy who couldn't achieve the kind of fame that LiLo and Paris have. Funny little video that requires a language alert.

o that's tame - have you seen dustin diamond (skreetch from 'saved by the bell') in his p.o.r.n. movie?? omg, seriously......

thought this might be relevent.....

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    *falls over laughing*

Oh that's just too much.....

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post

That is awesome !! - lol

Thread Information