Thread: Human Mage can't heal.

Default Human Mage can't heal.

Here again. I'm a lvl 13 Mage human, but I can't use any healing spells. I can use the one-time use papyrus, but not the sandstone spells. It's driving me crazy. Does this have some thing to do with the fact that I have a human character? And how do I check my Nature and Live level?

Default Re: Human Mage can't heal.

The reason you can't cast heals is because of your class (Mage) rather than your race. Try taking up Cleric and you will gain points in Life or Druid for points in Nature. You can check these skills under the Skills tab of your character window.

In case you're unaware, this game does not lock you into one class, so you are free to try whichever ones you want to on one character as well as combining the traits from several to build your character the way you want it.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

For your nature and live levels look at the (adventure) skills tab at your character window. If you don't have other schools beside mage they won't be there but you'll see the skills you do have.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

For playing a mage you MUST have your spell book up to date. I used to struggle with my mage until I realized I was missing half her spells. That char dates back to the original starting island and does have 2 levels of all the biped classes from there (cleric, warrior, scout, as well as mage) as I did all the quests on the island figuring out what I wanted to do. So she could cast that very first low level heal and tier one gifts. That was plenty once I realized my spell book was lacking and took care of it. The others can tell you more about multi classing if you want to but you can just play mage and have fun.

Dracaena

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I've already joined the warrior school; guess I'm going to have to join a third school, the clerics!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracologist View Post
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I've already joined the warrior school; guess I'm going to have to join a third school, the clerics!
    You could also use Crafting in Alchemy to make healing Potions or play with friends who can heal you while you focus on DPS and Tanking.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Thread Information