Thread: Valley in the Mountains (Channel)

Default Valley in the Mountains (Channel)

OOC: For those that have joined the 'Valley in the Mountains' channel, I felt there was a need to describe how it would be in detail, so that each player that would come to this channel for some interaction or RP would know the environment, as due to the length and detail of the description, its not feasible to post it every time in the channel.

IC:

The valley is expansive, covered in a deep, lush forest of varying trees, cedar, pine, elm, oak, maple, yew, aspen, redwood, fir, and spruce. The trees are not so dense, however, as to prevent dragon flight into the valley; the shrubbery beneath is filled with flowering bushes and a variety of many other plants, it would make for a very good stalking or hunting area. There’s a large variety of animal life within the forest as well, elk (deer), bear, wolves, and moose, to name a few. Not all of the forest is densely wooded however as there are boulders scattered throughout this wood, likely from rock slides ages bygone.

Its framed on every side by massive, silvery-gray, snow capped mountains that are jagged with saw-toothed teeth and rugged terrain, however there are many paths that lead from the forest into this particular valley, its just not easy to see them all through the foliage. In the lesser, densely packed area of this wooded valley is a sparser wood, but not such that it could be called a clearing, one is still very much within a forest, but in this area is a massive crystalline blue lake that is fed by a single river winding off into the distance, leading into the more heavily forested areas beyond.

There are large boulders scattered throughout the area, it is, after all, located in the mountains, but there’s enough space for many dragons or other folks to lounge around. The grass here is richly emerald in color, lush, thick and healthy; wildflowers grow, well, wildly, here, there is almost no species of wildflower you cannot find. Above the forest, one can clearly see the sky in many parts, although there are many, more thickly covered areas that one could hide from the rain.

The temperature in this valley is mild year round, probably around 70 to 85 degrees; there is a slight humid atmosphere to this valley, given that its so rich in plant growth, but its not unbearably humid, rather, more like a pleasant coolness. Somehow, the winds whisper and wind their way through here, keeping a gentle breeze frequently blowing. When the sun sets, one can see the opening of the mountains framing the valley glow in a fiery, red-orange, which casts an almost ethereal atmosphere upon the valley; yet... in the dawn... the valley lights up with a warm golden-yellow. The trees vary massively in size and a particular landmark is a rather large tree, set a bit off to the western part of the valley, growing quite close to the lake.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Default Re: Valley in the Mountains (Channel)

I should have stayed... in the mountains. /cheesy

Seriously though, nice description. I wish we could do this with Dragon or the RP channel, but too many people use it with inset opinions.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Great channel description! I look forward to popping in a time or two! ^^

Mmm reminds me of the old Keir Chet open RP channel - it was set in the 'lair clearing' much as you described your valley. Only inset in the mountains around the clearing were of course, various lairs on various levels - and we had a lake shore in there as well.

Its actually the default surroundings I use when going into the RP channel - a cleared valley with a shore and woods around it. Noone's ever argued with me .

But yes..yes..memories...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information