Thread: A bit more info on plot/lair planning window?

Default A bit more info on plot/lair planning window?

Might it be possible?
    I mean, when planning (especially) lairs, and plots, it gets really confusing, and stop yourself from being confused you have to set everything to be on construction at the end of the planning stage...annoying. Then once everything's planned all you see is a bunch of lines that you have to try and remember exactly what they were...
    It would however, be really nice if we could see on the planning screen, what everything is!
    Perhaps give a small extra column in the planning section to say whether it's built/in construction/planned? So we can actually see what we're planning to build and what's alreay been built without having to navigate your plot/lair.
    Also, it would be nice to see in the construction/planning/plot info (i know the plot info part certianly has room to fit the text on) sections to see how many stacks/bulk things hold. (i mean i've got some 25 silos in construction - purely for the xp on construction schools..no clue how useful they'll be as silos...)

Default Re: A bit more info on plot/lair planning window?

Not a bad idea, through it has been a long time since I did any amount of programming, it could be rather involved. As far as the planning window is concerned, I would be happy if they could do 2 things:
    - Eliminate the 'roof' effect and leave it wire-frame only. One can get that now, but only if they walk away from where one is currently planning structures.
    - Add filters to the 'build' window...one for say banners, shops, storage, housing.(See PS)

On the note of labeling and banners...when they first came out was thinking banners might have been a way to label things. That might be a nice 'fluff' item...heck, I'd even be happy with a simple post with etching on the face...place it in front of a row or group of silos: Metal, Stone, Essence, Fabric, etcetera.

Aaelefein

PS. On the 'Build' window...in learning to run multiple instances which requires windowed-mode; I noticed that in full-screen mode opening the 'Build' window is like insanely lagged, but doing the same in windowed mode it is almost instantly up and available. Is there a reason for this and could this problem be an indicator or cause of other lag-related issues?
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: A bit more info on plot/lair planning window?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    - Eliminate the 'roof' effect and leave it wire-frame only. One can get that now, but only if they walk away from where one is currently planning structures.
    I would prefer to see this as optional, as sometimes I do line things up visually with roof as a sizing consideration.

Thread Information