Thread: FAQs

Threaded View

Default FAQs

Thought I’d do as Frith-Rae suggested and start a post with commonly suggested things and developer responses… I don't suppose it could be stickied? And devs please feel free to edit/add to what is here!!

1. Can we please have Furniture/Decorations/Paintings/etc. added to houses?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Thanks for posting your suggestions. We, both developers and players, would surely love to have furniture and decorations for housing. Unfortunately the technology required in the client isn't there. And probably won't be given the amount of work (and re-work) that would be required to implement it.

But, we do very much appreciate your suggestions. Glad you are enjoying Istaria!.

2. Can dragons carry bipeds/Can bipeds ride dragons?
    The ability for bipeds to ride dragons is something that many players have asked for, but at this time the game does not support it.

3. Dryads have wings; can they fly too, like dragons? Can bipeds get techniques for / learn to fly?
    True, dryads do have wings. But they hover, not fly. And while it might logically seem that they should be able to fly for gameplay purposes it is better than flight remain a thing for Dragons. It makes them more of a draw and more special, than if another race could fly as well.

4. Can we have an in-game mail system?
    From June 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarie Ancalimon
    An in game email system is not something that is on our list of new features coming any time in the near future. We are not the sort of company that "just gets it done" and "throws together" a system without carefully considering the best way to implement it. In game email is something that we have considered, researched how it works in other games, and thought about for Istaria, but we have come to the conclusion that for the foreseeable future, there are many other projects which the team should focus on that take priority. The length of time required to implement an in game email system correctly does not provide enough of a boost in the player's gaming experience that we can justify tabling the many other items on our project list at this time.

Your suggestions are always appreciated and heard, but sometimes "no" really is "no", and this is one of those times.

- Amarie
    5. Can we custom name our silos and other plot/lair structures with what we put inside them?
    I did not find a definitive developer response but thought this player response was useful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Theres a way to do this already sorta, by editing a file. Its time consuming cause you have to find the locale and structure ID# for each first but it can be done. I had 40 silos all labeled with what was stored in them. Works very well, only you can see the labels though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post

Biggest problem is file will occasionally get overwrote, my was recently (might of been when was required to do a worldcache empty, not sure) and then you'd have to do it all over again.

I think the particulars on what need to do is in the player mod section somewhere.

Would be so much nicer if Devs could somehow make it structures had the "customize" selection on right click like armor and weapons and most everything else does.

Smaug
    Last edited by awdz; July 27th, 2010 at 12:48 PM.

Thread Information