Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Closed] port in tunnel of doom

Default [Closed] port in tunnel of doom

so when will their be a fix for this, when people porting into the tunnel of doom not having their character load.

I would like to share my idea why this is happening. it is my thought that the port in corridents are off a bit in the z axis, we seem to be stuck about a half a meter in the ground while porting in, which means no solid ground under are feet. one thing I have learned while porting with the load screen off is your character will not appear until solid ground is under you, example for dragons bound on top of a building we will not appear until the bind shrine building appears under are feet but if I were to bind to the shrine with my feet on the ground outside the shrine building I will load right off the bat and can run around while the bind shrine building is still loading.

so my idea for the fix is readjust the port in coridents to be lvl with the ground in the tunnel and that may fix the problem..

Default Re: port in tunnel of doom

O.o

Oh!!! Coordinates!

Okay, I'm with you now.

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Its a good theory, but we don't specify a set of coordinates that you port to. You port to the portal pad itself. Also, gameplay with the loading screen off is not supported.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The main time there is trouble porting into the doom is the first time before your cache is loaded. If you clear cache for some reason or are an XP user who gets hit with the random clear cache from the launcher then you are likely to run into this again. But I think it is more a unloaded cache problem then anything else.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Also, gameplay with the loading screen off is not supported.
    this effects every one, so if you fix this for people that play with loading screen it will be fixed for me to.

also on the port pad for the tunnel it also never wants to appear. it seems to only appear 1/10 of the time i enter the tunnel.

Just want to point out that i talk to other players that have comfirmed that they ported in to the tunnel and they do play with loading screen on and they suffer the same issue.

Can we get an update devs is this issue being looked into?

Just want to point out that i talk to other players that have comfirmed that they ported in to the tunnel and they do play with loading screen on and they suffer the same issue.
    I would just like to confirm what Blue is saying here. I don't play with the load screen turned off. Happens to me.

If you clear cache for some reason or are an XP user who gets hit with the random clear cache from the launcher then you are likely to run into this again
    Those random cache clears!!! Dag nam it. They are by far and above on of the most annoying things about this game atm. Not only does it mean I have to port twice to DDoom but I have to leave people waiting 5 mins while I port anywhere or longer if I have to port twice.

Worse than that I have had the random cache clearing happen to me while I have been logged in. Hmmm.... what is happening here?? that is one huge lag spike. Ohh.... The game crashed . That's ok I was only in ED when it happened (fighting SoG). I will quickly relog. What? I have to redownload the land? WHAT? And now I am dead as well?

Rage quit

It is pretty bad and sometimes it does make me want to quit the game but I am still here. I and others have raised this before but no one seems to want to know anything about it or not believed us that this is what is happening.

Indeed. I have never turned my loading screen off and I have this issue every time.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

The most useful thing someone can do for us here is to enable your debug logs and after a crash when you are porting into Dralnok's Doom, zip and upload your crash logs. Cause it doesn't happen with me so I can't get logs for it.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The most useful thing someone can do for us here is to enable your debug logs and after a crash when you are porting into Dralnok's Doom, zip and upload your crash logs. Cause it doesn't happen with me so I can't get logs for it.
    Ok. Will do. But how do I turn them on?

One of the options in the launcher (the third option, I think) will enable them.

I never crashed porting into the tunnel, I just never appear in the tunnel. when I dont appear i have to recall and port back into tunnel and I will then appear in my second trip. I believe this is the same process for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    I never crashed porting into the tunnel, I just never appear in the tunnel. when I dont appear i have to recall and port back into tunnel and I will then appear in my second trip. I believe this is the same process for others.
    I have no idea how to duplicate that, as it has never happened to me.

I have no idea how to duplicate that, as it has never happened to me.
    What other logs might be useful in trying to run it down then? Ever since the client started randomly eating the cashe for XP users, I get this EVERY time I try to go to the doom after my cashe has been eaten.

Process is:
    Go to Delgarath
    Run to the bottom of the mine
    Pay my 2s
    Port to the Doom
    The entrance chamber loads without a landing pad, and no character (green runes circling, but no character standing there) Can see other characters there, and I believe they can see you, but would have to confirm this
    After a while, hit Recall
    Land at bind spot (Is REALLY trippy if you're bound in Delgarath, as you show up with no ground, but terrain features like buildings and trees, but everything is crazy colored, then after a bit everything fixes itself)
    Return to Delgarath (if not bound there)
    Run to the bottom of the mine again
    Pay the 2s AGAIN
    Port to Doom
    Normally works properly this time. Character, landing pad, everything all loads

XP user, Loading Screens on (have never turned them off).
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    What other logs might be useful in trying to run it down then? Ever since the client started randomly eating the cashe for XP users, I get this EVERY time I try to go to the doom after my cashe has been eaten.

Process is:
    Go to Delgarath
    Run to the bottom of the mine
    Pay my 2s
    Port to the Doom
    The entrance chamber loads without a landing pad, and no character (green runes circling, but no character standing there) Can see other characters there, and I believe they can see you, but would have to confirm this
    After a while, hit Recall
    Land at bind spot (Is REALLY trippy if you're bound in Delgarath, as you show up with no ground, but terrain features like buildings and trees, but everything is crazy colored, then after a bit everything fixes itself)
    Return to Delgarath (if not bound there)
    Run to the bottom of the mine again
    Pay the 2s AGAIN
    Port to Doom
    Normally works properly this time. Character, landing pad, everything all loads

XP user, Loading Screens on (have never turned them off).
    Turn on your debug logs, go through all of the above.

When the doom bugs loading for me (my char is invisible and unable to move, I do see the room I am in) I don't recall, I just relog right there and that seems to work fine. Unfortunately computer files scare me and I have to torment husband into doing anything that involves playing with files. I also always run with loading screen on and am XP user.

Dracaena

Same here, like its with Draca
    (incl. tormenting husband^^).
    Relog works fine.
    Happens only after cleaning world cache
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

This is still a issue with going into the doom tunnel. has this been looked into at all... people dont have issues with porting into the werwolf cave... maybe look how that port in is done and and see what is different with porting into the doom tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    This is still a issue with going into the doom tunnel. has this been looked into at all... people dont have issues with porting into the werwolf cave... maybe look how that port in is done and and see what is different with porting into the doom tunnel
    Blue, please read what I posted above. We have not been able to reproduce this, so please help us help you by following the instructions.

If you clear your world cache you might be able to Amon. The loading is just insane.

Some of us been thinking its due the stone below us that we land on inside the Doom. Also its odd that we can select it.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Thread Information