Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Bar Bug!

Default Health Bar Bug!

The reason I write this post is because while fighting monsters like "blights" "ghosts" "zombies"the health bar will not update. It's mainly the new undead mobs. Many people have been complaining about this and I just want to put it out here so everyone gets a chance to know.

You can be fighting 1 or 20 of these mobs.. and the entire fight you will have full health. In a matter of seconds or minutes depending on how tough your toon is you will die .. [N]

If you do not randomly heal yourself then you really have no way of knowing how much health you have. AE please look at this.. this is a game breaking bug and it ruins most of the adventurers gameplay... How can we slay these new anchors and such if we do not even know how much health we have while in combat...?

It is pretty bad and it needs to be addressed ASAP..

Thanks
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Default Re: Health Bar Bug!

My guild master just quit the game exactly for this bug.

He was paladin 100/100/usual plethora of 100s and hated incredibly to die like a level 4 without any feedback. And then to walk away.

Another my guild member is quitting too, because of the almost permanent state of wreckage of GN's servers and web pages and because of this bug.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Jaelle_earth

I have to agree with this problem the healthbar is buggy at times, since i cant be a pure crafter i am now a fully employed healer for guild hunting events, we went out against indestructible fyakki and those t5 or t6 elite and veteran ghosts (lvl 100-120) in eastern blight, only there i experienced this problem:

In middle of the fight i was wondering why i dont have to heal anybody of my group and suddenly some of them (after 20 seconds or so) were down to 10% health in a rush i couldnt even follow with my eyes. As healer i am dependent on the healthbars showing my teammates health to keep my team alive. It even happened 6-8 times that the player (even me) showed no more healthpoints suddenly but still stood upright could walk around jump and everything but wasnt able to cast any gifts spells or fight, i found that when i clicked on them i got the message target is dead and i had to ressurect them to get them to normal work again. Its not only a problem for the healer but for the player himself when it happened to me my healthbar wont move at all and suddenly was down to nil, my guildies told me the same that everything was allright with them and suddenly their healthbar was down to near nil or nil. so it is no transportation lag from ones healthbar to another group-player-windowbut happens so at all teammembers.

Maybe its a combat health-computation lag, or something else, whatever it is please fix it as soon as possible.

Junky

This bug has gotten me too.

Several times, I would be fighting a couple resistant fyakki, after they drop, my health goes bam bam bam bam bam, 3 seconds, I'm down to 10% health, while I was at full health through the entire fight.

Several more times (more than above) I would be fighting 2 or 3 and without warning, I would just lose my buffs and the mobs would run away and I would get a message about a deathpoint.
    ......and I'm still walking around like I'M an undead now.....this a new blight thing? Turn the players into undead?

Would appreciate it if the client's would update more often while playing. Seems to me that it's only updating every second, instead of continuously (and I thought this game was REAL TIME instead of near TURN BASED playing[:|])

Jaelle_earth

Is this happening on one server only or on other servers as well? Im talking for Unity now, whats about Order and Chaos?

Flachette

Quote Originally Posted by Junky
    This bug has gotten me too.

Several more times (more than above) I would be fighting 2 or 3 and without warning, I would just lose my buffs and the mobs would run away and I would get a message about a deathpoint.
    ......and I'm still walking around like I'M an undead now.....this a new blight thing? Turn the players into undead?

I REALLY HATE this walking dead bug I wont even go to the N deadlands now it happens to me everysingle time i fight the WA mobs there even though my field of growth and paroxysm out heal any damage i take in. Sometimes if you walk around for a while you will just topple over dead, then sometimes you never will. And this one i dont think its cause you really died someone had said one day its some sort of bug that when a spell gets stuck you just insta die.

AE has always had a combat chat log problem . . . due to laggedness of the server of updating the video aspects (health bar, spell effects, floating numbers, etc.) or pushing the combat chat (damage done/received and the misordered "You were killed" info.

Sadly nothing new, along with invisible monsters and positional lag described elsewhere.

It seems internally, the Evolution Engine calculates everything, then slowly tells the IA video renderer and client the details. But by that time, the character is dead or moving about until the video catches up in rendering a dead character.

It is frustrating, especially when the combat chat is so short in listing damage taken, but shows the gory "You are killed" details.

About the only player side workaround is just anticipate the need for healing-type spells and hope the engine tracks that too. Oh, and watch for shadow blobs.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Another problem with this bug is that sometimes you get *TWO* Death Points.

One when the server declares you dead, Another one when you finally fall over dead on the client side (after walking around for like half an hour or even longer).

This is a very serious problem the way i see it.

Those of us being prime healers in a group, have a very hard time knowing what is going on. If you have a group of 1 or 2 ppl with you its easier because all you have to do is spam the person you think has aggro with heals and watch how much he gets healed for.

This needs to be fixed, even with /setpref combatspelleffects false, its very bad.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Thalak

Have'nt seen this particular bug, but I still have imp revit/revit that when cast dont update the health bar even though the feedback is given you heal XXX pts. A hit from a mob *usually* seems to let it spring to life, but if the bar does not update its as though you received no heal.

This bug you are talking about sounds even worse. Perhaps the only instance of this is seeing folks in group, not all, but a select few, have high health then suddenly dropping like rocks. This is a must to fix.

Got the exact same bug when soloing some Veteran Storm/Thunder Blights on one of the Satyr islands. Decided to not even bother dealing with it when, soloing 3 at once, my health refused to move from 1k, and after a few heals with it still not updating, I recalled, thinking "screw this".

When I was hunting with a group in the WD, I saw all players with full health during a big fight.
    I was thinking: "hmmmm strange that they are not hit" and then it was already too late.
    Two of them screamed in chat: hey why didn't you heal me? Now I'm dead!

Uhm..... their health bars still showed as full in my group window. [:@]
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

The thing is, they will be adding these Blight anchor things soon.

Since the start of playing this game, I have hoped for this sort of thing, where maybe you can make a difference to the land, defending against these attackers on a dialy basis.

We are gonna look purty fkn stupid, when they do attack, and we are totally blind in combat.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Serat

I agree the bug needs to be fixed. For what its worth, I find that I can get the bar to update by moving. Sometimes I need to do a quick sprint for 30 paces to create separation from the mobs. As I sprint, I can see the bar updating (with all the individual hits/heals moving it back and forth). Also, crashing to desktop clears it up, must be why I do it so often...[:'(]

Andrew Zozulya

Lol.Yet this art of bug. Sadly to hear but this is bug considered to be fixed in mutter of hours. Sure this will take weeks to be even "sheduled" (********, i hate this word if this was prononced by DB) by AE. Even taking in opinion im off from this game its still made so bad feeling for all friend who remains there and hope things go brigher throught time.

In next few day there will be much "goodbuy's" post because of release of EQ2... 2 weeks after it WoW... WoW and christmass sales... And i ask myself why AE even not jump into fixing bugs that screw rest of playerbase?

The bug is known and being fixed. From what I've heard the bug is fixed internally right now, and is being tested. It has to do with an ability the blights have.
    I'm sure they'll get it live asap

I hope it does go live soon. I've been mostly crafting lately, but finally decided to join the fight against blight anchor traffic last night on Chaos. I ended up with 3 death points but only actually fell over once. After that I went back to crafting. [*-)]

We can only hope this WAS fixed in yesterday's patch or I can see that there will even be more bleeding before they 'fix' vaults next.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Wow, this bug gives me an awesome idea for use in the regular paper&pencil RPGs that I play.

How about a creature that attacks you after casting an illusion of health on you. Then as it is attacking it doesn't seem to do any damage to you until you start to take penalties from wounds and blood loss. But you still look perfectly fine until you keel over dead. Mmm evil GM thoughts abound! What an interesting use of an illusion power!

Aside from the "fix" they are working on with health bar not updating due to a blight ability, what about the health bar not updating if you cast a heal on a toon teched with cleanse. I cannot tell you how many times i have been in a group with a tank or major caster, and while I heal them with a cleansed heal spell and my group window shows them being full again, instead of continuing to press the offense, they then turn around and waste some heals for (ZERO) on themselves because in THEIR window, their health bar isn't updating.

would be nice to fix all health bar related bugs in one fell swoop. If you fix the one, but don't fix the other, people will still be wasting their attacks by healing themselves instead if only the blight related health bar bug is fixed.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

Thread Information