Thread: Early Morning Maintenance

Vetro_Stormwind

Default Early Morning Maintenance

So far since the server mergeand the unexpected downtime that followed. i have sat here and waited patiently.[^o)]

But this morning,I come home from a hard night at work, to find the server is down again for Maintenance.[:'(]

I don't mind that fact that you guys need to do work on server/database, while no one is online. What Really gets my goat up is that you never and i quote never post a ETA.[8o|]

You just expect us to wait. But for how long this time, do i have time to sleep for 6 hrs or more, or is my next working shift gona start before you start communicating the nessacery information.

Rant over.

hope to see everyone online before Xmas...

Default Re: Early Morning Maintenance

please yust give us information for how long you planed the downtime for maintenance.

the most problem of the game is that you dont give us so little informations.

yust post on the login site: we are performing maintenance.
    It is planed to have the shards online at .....AM

This little information could not be a problem for you but for us paying custumors its very helpfull.

thx for that

greetz

Selenea

As far as I know, wednesdays and fridays are the regular morning-maintenance days. So this is to be expected. [8-|]

I suspect that we are not given an ETA because should a problem turn up that necessitated a longer downtime, many would send angry posts....

Yet I, too, would like to have an ETA, I admit. Maybe they could put it like this:

"We plan to have the server online again around XX hours; if due to unforeseen circumstances there is a delay, we ask for your patience and will do our best to give a new ETA as soon as possible..."
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

SmallFluffyBunny

Or more likely they aint a clue when it will back, until it actually starts restarting :D

yes something like that would be fine!

i think some information in that way could not be a problem or ?

Jaelle_earth

The problem with an ETA is that everytime you give one and have to reset the time because you still need some more time to fix what has to be fixed and maintain what has to be maintained, some of the community will make a commotion of it being unbearable that the downtimes estimated are not being held and they arent able to play like they were told. Some people dont get the meaning of the word "Estimated", it means it is likely to be that time but you can not predict it to be exactly this time, hence everything goes right. So if they give ETA's and cant hold them there is a commotion, if they give an elongated ETA there will be a commotion that the players were not being told the server would be up allready and could have been playing allready. And sometimes you are just not able to give an ETA because there are unforseen things happening or younever had this unique situation and therefore just dont know how long it will take.
    I think its the best way just to tell no ETA at all so you can see for yourself when the servers are up at the homepage when theres a message servers are up and running.

Do you know the game "RealLife" from "God Entertainment" ? Pretty fascinating game,they have new features like "emotions" and "marriage" and even "reproduction procedures" that especially rely on the feature "emotions" and produce littleintended bugsnamed "children". I have to say it has the best Graphics-engine i've ever seen, it's a real 3D World, no comic-characters but real people, you just have to log to the character in front of the monitor, but BEWARE once you subscribed to RealLife theres no getting out of the game (and you are paying hell for it ^^) other than playing horizons.There are no bugfixes ever and no customer support.

HF :-)

LostKitty Kuschelkatz - Unity
    67 healer, 25 Cleric / 55 Blacksmith, 35 Carpenter

ArthurDent

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelle_earth
    Do you know the game "RealLife" from "God Entertainment" ? Pretty fascinating game,they have new features like "emotions" and "marriage" and even "reproduction procedures" that especially rely on the feature "emotions" and produce littleintended bugsnamed "children". I have to say it has the best Graphics-engine i've ever seen, it's a real 3D World, no comic-characters but real people, you just have to log to the character in front of the monitor, but BEWARE once you subscribed to RealLife theres no getting out of the game (and you are paying hell for it ^^) other than playing horizons.There are no bugfixes ever and no customer support.
    God, I hate that game...
    Bugridden, no save option, no restart option, impossible to play again once you beat it, no background music, constant nerfage and obstacles.
    And Real People (TM) ain't much better than the lousy AI in other games most of the time.
    Only things it got going for it is the open skill system and non-linear progress. Besides those, it sux big time.
    I'ld give a 4 out of 10 rating, at best.
    Oh, and the game is possible to beat... only the consequences are rather dire. :D

Thread Information