Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you had a wish..

Default if you had a wish..

ok- in other threads we wrote, what we do not like to see in Istaria.

Lets collect ideas here, what we want to see.
    But please:

*be precise (just "new content" e.g. is not precise).
    *Lets not beat dead horses ( e.g. dragonriding, furniture, *sniff* WA attacs).
    *Always consider our engine and the manpower which is at our disposal.

I`ll start with (in random order):

- festivals of all kinds (old and new ones)

- new structures for plots (a pond, a little creek, hedges with blossoms,
    trees with fruits, different jackalopes, vegetable patches)

- quests to just relax ( maybe a player contest will give some ideas/input)

- quests that bring together players of all ratings (e.g.: you need a low level to do part one, a middle level to continue, a high level to complete- but all have to be in group for quest reward in the end)

- fluff stuff

- money sinks

What are your wishes?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: if you had a wish..

I second all those wishes.
    But I would really appreciate two other things:

=>A New community website (see attachment-A little trip down memory lane )
    -Get it even More Attractive
    -Possibility to get it integrate with Facebook and Twitter
    -Shows that community is still active

=>Implicate Community in things out of the game itself:
    -Game fixing, provide some content,quests
    -Develop a new game engine*

I find the Game content impressive for the technology it uses.
    A new engine would provide many possibilities
    It has been told many times that it requires time,money and staff.
    Time is running, the more we wait, less we have some chances to see the all thing get done.
    "It would require so many work that it would be a totally different game !".
    Nothing stops us to progress to a new title.

I can't believe a single second that everything would need to be done again.There must be some things we can keep so we don't have to start from scratch, right ? :/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure if this is what you are asking for Lovs

I would like to see better communication

Example1
    What happened to the developer emails we got once a month explaining what was going on and what was planned.

Example2
    Changes are made but not explained when people 'debate' them. Take attuning of high level formulas as the example. It is being done but I don't understand why? If we understood why a change was being made and what benefit it would add to the game then there may be less critical feedback given. A one line reply to an issue isn't a sufficient explanation.

Example3
    More player involvement/input in planned design changes. C'Gan has already touched about this in another thread. Also what about bringing back the focus groups that they had during the tulga period?

Balance between elder player and new player content

I understand that changes have to be made to help encourage new players into the game. However is it balanced right between content for the elder players and the new players. I get the impression that the majority of content recently is aimed for new players. Please don't ignore the elder playerbase.

Tier Revamps

Why stop the tier revamps at T2? The design team was able to plan and implement a t2 revamp with the resources that they had so why can't they continue with the other tiers?

Finish things
    I've already said this in another thread so not going to elaborate again.

Encourage Trade within the game
    This is key to keeping the game alive. We need more work done to encourage trade. Lots of suggestions have already been made in the past on other threads about how this could be achieved.

Events
    We need events back, we havent had an event for nearly a year now. I am referring to gnomekindle, fall festival (which for whatever reason is still live nearly a year later), pax istaria etc. I don't count a tier revamp as an event.

There is more I could say but ill stop for now.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thank you Chasing for your valuable input!

I sign it all.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

To reply to Chasing and the T2 Revamp:

I never heard anything where they are "stopping" at T2 revamp.

They did the T2 revamp, maybe they are currently planning the T3 revamp? They just haven't gotten to it yet.

The T2 revamp came quite awhile after the T1 revamp was "done", IIRC.

Anyways, wishes... um...

#1: More T6 mobs that are not undead to fight. Seriously, why is it the only non-undead, non-social, non-DD T6 mobs that exist, are Travertine Golems? Where's the non-named Adamantium Golems? T6 gem golems? Kinda silly the T5 gems are almost all guarded, but yet T6 gems are not from what I've heard. A somewhat beefier spawn of the Travs would be nice too.

#2: More balance between mob difficulty and trophy drop ratio. I hate hunting down hard mobs (social, dodge-a-plenty, etc) and hardly get any trophies whatsoever, yet you get scads of them from easy-peasy mobs.

#3: Consigner system revamp. I hate paying multiple silver plus, and then find most of what I listed in my vault next week... blargh. My vault is messy enough, I don't need a load of junk dumped in it.

#4: Finish T6/remove useless items/etc. So, we are implementing T6 cargo disks. Cool. What about the tech comps that drop from Travertine golems, and also things like Heal Recycle 4 (which doesn't exist) existing on T4 comps, etc? Either put em in game, or remove em, either/or.

#5: "This technique can be applied to...." in a technique's description so we don't have to download third-party software just to plan a set of armor. It would take a little manpower, but surely it isn't impossible to add this to the description of techniques. Add to that, that I hate having to alt-tab (the game crashes upon attempting to full-screen from windowed). This would make our lives so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    To reply to Chasing and the T2 Revamp:

I never heard anything where they are "stopping" at T2 revamp.

They did the T2 revamp, maybe they are currently planning the T3 revamp? They just haven't gotten to it yet.

The T2 revamp came quite awhile after the T1 revamp was "done", IIRC.
    Your right Dhalin, I've done a bit of searching on the forum and there is no mention of stopping tier revamps. I could have sworn I have read that somewhere. My mistake.

Anyway to re-word what I said. I would would like to see the tier revamps continued as a priority. I understand they take time, but i would rather see them sooner than later.

The tier 1 revamp was done under Tulga. Tier 2 revamp as far as I am aware was solely done by Virtrium.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Your right Dhalin, I've done a bit of searching on the forum and there is no mention of stopping tier revamps. I could have sworn I have read that somewhere. My mistake.

Anyway to re-word what I said. I would would like to see the tier revamps continued as a priority. I understand they take time, but i would rather see them sooner than later.

The tier 1 revamp was done under Tulga. Tier 2 revamp as far as I am aware was solely done by Virtrium.
    No mistake:

Q: The VI team has been hard at work in revamping the content tiers one at a time. The major T2 revamp was released on the public client earlier this year. Do you have plans for future revamps and if so, can you offer any details about what players have to look forward to?
    A: “Currently we do not plan for a full tier revamp in the immediate future. We hope that in time we could revamp the remaining tiers for our players, but right now are focused more on improving the existing content of the game, ensuring what is there works consistently and according to the design of the game, and on improving the play experience based on what content is in game right now. Full tier revamps are lengthy projects that require the full focus of the team for months at a time, and in the immediate future we feel that time is better spent on smaller and shorter term improvements to the game.
    source:Review

Well Lov - most of "what I'd like to see" falls under your suggestions as well as others. But I'll add my voice for'em .

1 - Structures for plots (dragons AND bipeds), more buildable fluff - even if the thing does nothing but sit there and look pretty, it doesnt' have to have a machine purpose it can just be decorative! This is one of the last avenues of "ground breaking" this game still has - build on that!

2 - Quests everywhere - more more more! Relax, multilevel, high, low, whatever - more more always!

3 - Festivals - woot yea! fun stuff yea! Collections, new emblems, wee yea! Events!! Spawns!! Yea!

Not so much into money sinks as I"m a poor old player..heh. But as long as its purely fluff stuff that would be ok still.

Example2
    Changes are made but not explained when people 'debate' them. Take attuning of high level formulas as the example. It is being done but I don't understand why? If we understood why a change was being made and what benefit it would add to the game then there may be less critical feedback given. A one line reply to an issue isn't a sufficient explanation
    I've been asking/ranting/begging for this since launch. Its hit or miss. People beg for explanations and well occasionally we get them, things getting a bit better but still room for improvement. So I join with asking for this repeatedly!

Example3
    More player involvement/input in planned design changes. C'Gan has already touched about this in another thread. Also what about bringing back the focus groups that they had during the tulga period?
    I agree with what c'gan posted in another thread, it was nice to have dev chats both in game and in ye olde IRC. This use to be regular adn pretty common but not for years . The Focus group, from what I understand now, were saught out for very little - and there was community backlash feelign like they were "chosen for input" and that they had some influence they really didn't have I do remember. So perhaps that is why. Just theorizing.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I read what Milandra found as, don't expect the tier III revamp in 2010 because they're still busy finishing the tier II revamp, fixing bugs and trying to tweak things to address folks' complaints.

I wish for more interactive fun between developers and players, maybe with the devs dropping in to sponsor short contests where they reward those completing them, or with planned demonstrations of some cool battles - wouldn't the dryad Amarie vs the beast Amadan be a fun thing to watch? Especially if they threw epic spells and other effects? It could be positioned as a commemorative re-enactment of some past battle against the Withered Aegis.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    I agree with what c'gan posted in another thread, it was nice to have dev chats both in game and in ye olde IRC. This use to be regular adn pretty common but not for years . The Focus group, from what I understand now, were saught out for very little - and there was community backlash feelign like they were "chosen for input" and that they had some influence they really didn't have I do remember. So perhaps that is why. Just theorizing.
    ah the good ole days, when illy the mighty roamed blight, bestowing wisdom, gifts, and blessings.....
    back then, there was a full (time) staff partial to particular areas.
    things are a little different now. perhaps the day may come when beloved gods are free to walk again among us; until then, let us take what they give according to our nature - as befits the great peeps of istaria!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I wish that there was a believable economy, made with sinks able to keep up with the faucets. This indirectly gives a lot of structure to the game.

I also wish Istaria could get many more players, was "visible" somehow. Call me biased, but imho Istaria deserves to be played by at least 5 times more players, it has to appear on MMO e-zines, not a single guy I know (and I have indirect contacts with hundreds across USA, EU and Australia) even knows that Istaria exists.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

My Grandfather was one of the wisest people I've ever known. When I was ready to blow out the candles on my birthday cake he always used to say "When you make a wish remember, the best wishes are wishing for good things for others." When I was a kid I didn't really understand the full implication of that statement. The older I get the more I understand what he meant.

So here's my wish:

I wish I had more patience for Virtruim and its team of people who work so tirelessly to make Istaria my home away from home. I wish I would stop for a minute every day to think how hard they work for so little praise . I wish I took more time to say thank you to them more often. I wish I had enough money to send them all flowers on their birthdays and huge boxes of cookies at Christmas. I wish I will always remember that the folks at Virtrium are real people with real lives and real families and hopes and dreams. I wish them all good health, long life and much joy happiness and laughter. I wish for Istaria to last forever!

Thaalia of Order

And I wish the devs will always look at the player base the same way Thallia.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; August 23rd, 2010 at 01:14 AM.

I'd like to have the ability to add fall and spring trees to plots (can even be the same trees models but with orange/yellow textures and pink textures). I've made my own mods for this and it was cool to look at.

I'd like to have flowers that I could add to plots as well. Even if it is just a flax plant, the fungus mushrooms as a non resource just something pretty.

I'd like to see more community projects... they don't have to be amazing just cool and fun. Like a massive decorated tree in new trismus that would require a lot of t1 and t2 resources to build / low level trophies (get both adventurers / crafters in on it) and some higher level resources as well. If you can't give us a festival... give us something fun to work on that new players can see and help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post
    My Grandfather was one of the wisest people I've ever known. When I was ready to blow out the candles on my birthday cake he always used to say "When you make a wish remember, the best wishes are wishing for good things for others." When I was a kid I didn't really understand the full implication of that statement. The older I get the more I understand what he meant.

So here's my wish:

I wish I had more patience for Virtruim and its team of people who work so tirelessly to make Istaria my home away from home. I wish I would stop for a minute every day to think how hard they work for so little praise . I wish I took more time to say thank you to them more often. I wish I had enough money to send them all flowers on their birthdays and huge boxes of cookies at Christmas. I wish I will always remember that the folks at Virtrium are real people with real lives and real families and hopes and dreams. I wish them all good health, long life and much joy happiness and laughter. I wish for Istaria to last forever!

Thaalia of Order
    yes i agree! hehe but i also if i could have silly wishes (hope this isnt under dead horse catagory)

playable wolf race :P

but even before that a system upgrade for game (yes i know that takes aton of money but its a wish :P)

more character coustomization haircolors/styles. dragon heads/scales/ colors.

fur colors/ scale patterns/ wings for dryads/ ect. xD

thats bout all i got

Most of what i want to see has already been brought up

Better communication is a MUST

Live events where heck picking a random person from the dev team for example sake Rick comes and pays a visit to chaos order and blight collects input and after the info is gathered as a thank-you goes runamuck with his spawn engine *Note not trying to beat a near dead horse with that one but seeing that back will get people to flock back in mass droves *

What i do want to see is Primal vengeance even for a week be placed back in the game quest and all

I want to see the war with the blight continue. Thats the main story line is this so called war, but ever since the "Counter strike " event the war has been at a stand still almost like the blight are happy to coexist with the living races as long as we stay to our un-blighted land and they stay in there blighted land .

and last but not least i have said this in several different ways several different times I want the coin that i work for to be worth something and that will only happen if there is an economy that some how forms
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

- the ability to eat raw food resources for some minor health recovery. adds a bit of realism to on-screen [non-text based] roleplayers and would just prove plain helpful.

- more dragon features/options [already stated before]

- sync the movement of players better, the animations bug me slightly.

I would wish for a gate up in mitherals anvil.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ooo what peach said......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I wish I can play this game for many more years.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information