Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you've been playing too much Istaria when...

Default You know you've been playing too much Istaria when...

I started painting our house this month. It began with scraping; I figured I gained a bunch of levels in learning how a power washer worked and how to scrape only the loose paint without damaging the wood beneath. I could tell I was gaining skill points as my efficiency improved.

I gained a few more levels in fixing boards. Some were just loose, so hammering a few nails in worked; other required replacing altogether. Learning to pull boards without damaging the ones above them made me thing I made it to a new tier. I figured I gained another tier in having to replace the rotted boards behind a damaged baseboard... or maybe it was multiclassing, learning carpentry? Is pine wood tier 0 ? I made it up to cedar with the siding, but I'm still not very good at handling that.

Next came primer. I already had skill points in handling paint brushes from working on sets for the local theatre group, so I was near maximum efficiency with that. I'm low tier, though, because getting the right paint color to go over top of it took several tries.

I figure I made tier 2 housepainting with trim work (including spindles all around the porch, ugh!) that was a different color than the main paint. It's all latex, though; I suppose higher tier would be oils and indoor paint?

Anyway, part of our house is looking better despite my inexperience. One thing is for sure: I much prefer crafting in Istaria!!

Default Re: You know you've been playing too much Istaria when...

Lawl~! Awdz, I think you've had too much crafting also~!
    I'm the kind of person who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Don't knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run; he hate's that.

Are you able to use the T6 wheelbarrow yet? That really speeds things up!!

Better not start working on plumbing -- your clothes might fall off!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

o.O Actually, I could kind of see that happening if I got drenched by a broken pipe, off with the wet clothes to get dry ones on...

Another sort of unrelated sign for me... I love blowing big soap bubbles, catching them on the bubble wand and then blowing several smaller bubbles inside them. When I can manage it, those always remind me of Istarian wisps. :-)

Anyone else have "too much Istaria on the brain" moments like that?

hmm- wasen`t sure if I want to publish this
    but if you ask so kindly..
    I wrote this about 6 months ago, when I started my new job
    (at a time when it was impossible to open chests with our keys).

I have a new job.
    I work for a German charity, who have their offices in an old church/monastary.
    All beautiful.
    I have a nice modern office, all tech eqippment I need or could live without^^

And they gave me a bunch of keys: normal keys, big old rusty keys, keys for doors, trap doors??, those little things you can open your pc with, keys, keys

2 days ago I stood in the large stairway, floors going up, floors going down-
    barred from the rest of the world- LOST.

So I tried to open several doors with my keys-
    in vain.

And then a thought came into my mind...
    ...and I found myself laughing loud in that big, old, cold stairway..

"Amon, fix that **** keys" was what I thought.

Well,
    "excessive gaming is dangerous to your mental health"?
    No- it safed my life- I opend a door with "bite"
    (Walked all steps down to the chapel, opened it with the rusty key, left chapel on the other side and took the elevator back to my office)^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Lawl~ For me, Playing istaria too long, you get this:
    1.) Dreaming with the language set to dragonic
    2.) Answering A'na and D'na when asked questions in public
    3.) saying ANYTHING in draconic somewhere on accident
    4.) When you actually role-play in your head while you're doing something by telling yourself what you're doing.
    I'm the kind of person who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Not as good as the rest but, more than once some guild mates and I were fighting one thing or another. During the battle the dragon of the group moved overtop of me and filled my screen. Instead of rotating my camera I leaned to one side and moved my head to look around the dragon...didnt work to well.

LOL, LOVWYRM!
    Magnus Bane, I've gotten into the habit of using the phrase "aww crumblies!" when minor things go awry - folks give me odd looks the first time they hear me use it.
    *chuckles* I'm the reverse, katt31m. Numerous times I've come across an interesting picture online, but no matter how much I try, I can't zoom in/out with insert/home or change the view angle with page up/down or delete/end.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    LOL, LOVWYRM!
    Magnus Bane, I've gotten into the habit of using the phrase "aww crumblies!" when minor things go awry - folks give me odd looks the first time they hear me use it.
    *chuckles* I'm the reverse, katt31m. Numerous times I've come across an interesting picture online, but no matter how much I try, I can't zoom in/out with insert/home or change the view angle with page up/down or delete/end.
    LOL I've done the exact same thing, way too many times, with pictures. no matter what the camera angle just wont change.

Oh yes with pictures and screenshots of games (not just this one) I'll find myself trying to change the angle..that's just too much gaming though lol.

For a direct Istaria reference - using the draconic language outside of game is the one I'm most often tempted to do .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Lawl~! Or answering questions of "What is your name" in public and answering with your character's name~! And yes, I've tried to look around behind my laptop at an ascension~!

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    For a direct Istaria reference - using the draconic language outside of game is the one I'm most often tempted to do .
    *raises hand!* All the time! I've found myself thinking in it as well. 5 years of Spanish and none of it stuck with me, but a few years of Istaria and a new language is learned! XD

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I see in the news and think, "That's Dralk! I wonder which lava pool it is?"

About a month after Horizons first was released (deep in the middle of the Satyr mine construction era), I was driving to work the day after a big ice storm had hit the area. I drove past a house in the country with a big gazebo sitting next to it. The gazebo had been destroyed by a large ice-covered limb falling onto it during the storm.

I remember thinking "I wonder what the construction requirements are on fixing that?"

I spend a lot of time working construction jobs in Istaria, mostly for other people.

After a particularly long week of masonry work on sidewalks, I had an "in game" dream about plot construction.
    I ate the purple berries... they taste like burning.

Awdz, that picture you posted made me think, "Ooh! Hatching dragon's egg!", closely followed by, "Where did they find that lava pool?"

...and then I read the rest of your comment, and realized it wasn't Dralk at all. Oops?

Dreaming a Hatching, and a 'lesson in flying', were my clues I've been enjoying Istaria too much.

Okies, I know I've really got it bad... I was dreaming about making something while following a recipe, and some of my friends were watching and kibbutzing about how I should do it. They mentioned some sort of bean, and I asked where I could get it. Immediately a message (like on these forums) from Amon appeared explaning that it was an item received after completing a quest, and I thought, "Oh, OK."

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Bane View Post
    Lawl~! Or answering questions of "What is your name" in public and answering with your character's name~! And yes, I've tried to look around behind my laptop at an ascension~!
    heehee my friends don't even call me by my real name anymore - even my godkids call me vel.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

O_O Lawl~ Was caught in traffic yesterday (just before a car crash) and I screamed about the 'lag' on the highway~

Thread Information