Thread: One Free Blight Character Slot

Default One Free Blight Character Slot

If it is at all possible to restrict a character slot to a certain server, it would be very useful to have one spare slot dedicated to testing content on Blight.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds themselves constantly out of character slots just playing normally without having to think about the fact that going to test on Blight is no longer free. I've just reached a point now where it is no longer easy to free up a slot to do so, which means that, in the foreseeable future, I won't be able to assist in testing.

Having that one slot would enable me, and possibly a number of others in similar situations, to participate in testing on the Blight server.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: One Free Blight Character Slot

If such an extra slot could be arranged, and if configured to be useable only on Blight, it would likely increase participation in Blight testing. If it is such that it is only a "Blight slot" it would not constitute an additional slot for live shard play.

Knossos

Agreed. I no longer test on Blight because I don't want to delete one of my characters to do so.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Characters on Blight do not count toward your maximum character limit (or at least they didn't used to).

Plots owned do count toward your max, but not characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Characters on Blight do not count toward your maximum character limit (or at least they didn't used to).

Plots owned do count toward your max, but not characters.
    This was changed a while back. Blight characters count towards your total now.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

You might try having a character copied done again, because I believe you can still do those even if your character slots are full on the live shards. You can't create new characters on blight but a copy should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You might try having a character copied done again, because I believe you can still do those even if your character slots are full on the live shards. You can't create new characters on blight but a copy should work.
    For the record, that is not the case. If your character slots are full you cannot copy onto Blight.

Supporting Raptress's suggestion. Many Order players have many alts on Order and are not willing to delete any of them. Those same people are likely to have esoteric interests that lead them to test things that others wouldn't. The way things are, that type of player is prevented from participating in Blight testing (unless they can afford to increase their subscription). That has a direct effect on the rate at which updates can be tested and brought live, which in turn affects all players.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I support this as well.

I've never understood why such a game with a small population and such a tiny population of testers on Blight; limited the ability to make test characters at every turn.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I wholeheartedly support this as well.

I've been tempted to delete my blight character several times over as it's using a slot that I could be using for Order. Why would I have to sacrifice a character slot for putting my own time in and testing the unreleased features that would benefit the game as a whole? I have no motivation to keep my character on blight, but I do as I know there is such a small population over there.

Good suggestion!
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I agree, I can't afford another sub. So my character slots are limited to 7, and for sure I am always struggling with not deleting alts.
    1 extra slot for blight would be amazing.

It would be only for the good of the game.

I even suggest, that there should be one guild plot (or 2) where blight testers could buy (small) plots for a month or 2 for testing purposes.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

I -totally- agree to this. I miss playing on blight, and I can't copy anyone there because of not having enough slots, and I think that it is unfair for us to not be able to test things if we want, as long as we already pay for a subscription anyways!

So supporting!

Yeah.. It's a bit daft to expect that your players essentially pay you for them to do free testing work. That's not how QA normally happens. :B If anything you need to provide players some incentive to test for you, and to pay money to do work is quite the opposite of the incentive you'd want. xD
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

It depends which server board I think is which.

I completely support this as well. I used to have a lot of copies of my characters on blight and logged on quite a bit to test out new things. Now I only have 2 because the others started taking up room, and I'm considering deleting those as well if I run out of spots. I do not understand why blight copies had to take a spot in the first place, anyways.

Thread Information