Thread: To be the myloc

Default To be the myloc

I tried changing the dragon model into the myloc model some time ago (planning to make a semi-trailer, semi-short film for istaria, need to be able to run around as myloc queen for it ) but so far I have no succes, my steps:
    1.change the dragon skeleton file into the myloc one.
    2.change dragona_u.ent into myloc queen.

then i logged and all the ancient on my screen were invisible, size did go right though, and no dragon emotes so it did load the right entity file (or wrong depending on you view LOL)

3.then I decided to change the dragon texture file with the myloc one (im guessing [dragon_u_wings_head_base.sha] is base texture for dragons)

but still nothing, so now I come here asking if it is even possible to change the models to such an extend. and for help if it IS possible

Default Re: To be the myloc

Well, to be blunt, you can't breed a dragon with a myloc.

Two totally separate models, skeletons, animations, textures and def files that are completely incompatible with each other. While I think in theory you would be able to accomplish what you are trying to do, there are a lot of things that you are going to have to get right in order for it to occur. Doing it trial and error like you seem to be doing will probably never yield results I'm sorry to say. Even knowing how the system works, I would not attempt it myself.

Question Re: To be the myloc

I have, in the past, already turned lava oastics into other mobs like blighthounds. Do you really think to make it for dragons and mylocs isn't possible?

I once turned a cargo disk into a myloc but it just stood there and wouldn't follow me around.
    I also turned it into a Kwellen (reminded me of Amadan when he used to log in and run around) and a Welgar with the same result.
    So I suppose if you're into stationary pets that can hold stuff, you can give that a go, otherwise, please Devs, can we have living, moving cargo disks?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Well, to be blunt, you can't breed a dragon with a myloc.

Two totally separate models, skeletons, animations, textures and def files that are completely incompatible with each other. While I think in theory you would be able to accomplish what you are trying to do, there are a lot of things that you are going to have to get right in order for it to occur. Doing it trial and error like you seem to be doing will probably never yield results I'm sorry to say. Even knowing how the system works, I would not attempt it myself.
    already guessed something like that o well, gotta find something else to use then

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    I have, in the past, already turned lava oastics into other mobs like blighthounds. Do you really think to make it for dragons and mylocs isn't possible?
    The way a player character and a monster are textured are different. When the server says to load a monster the client uses pre-determined appearances found within a def file. When it loads a character, the server sends down a series of appearance choices specifying which models to use, textures to use and tints to apply to those textures. The client might be made to ignore the information but it also might curl up and die in confusion and crash.

Again, it might be possible to do it with experimentation and hacking of the client's files. But it is not something that I would attempt to do myself within the client.

Just a little question here, is mob->other mob possible? cause then I 'd just change some non-aggro mob to myloc

I think, yes.

I've tried it, but I failed. Tried turning a... Carrion Crawler (I think that's what they are called) into a deer, but it just made it invisible.

It works enough for my purpose as I don't have to see them, but if someone can figure out a way to make them visible but not in any way resemble a mukade, I'd really love it Sometimes running past invisible mobs get me quite dead.

Decided I'd give it a shot. I managed to turn the carrion crawlers into ruxus (I used them as I thought they'd be more visible). They animate and have ruxus sounds and everything, even use a ruxus texture that I don't believe is actually in use in the game proper.

Link leads to a .rar file. Just extract it and place the whole "Carrion Crawler Mod" file in your override.

Here ya go.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I have turned lava oastics into wolves, blighthounds and aegrors in the past, for fun. But I admit it isn't very easy nor quick.

To be honest, it was pretty easy for me. >.> The only reason it took time was because there were a lot of file names to change and my computer takes ten minutes to start Istaria so I can check if they worked. Everything I tried worked first time.

Mostly it was just a lot of swapping file names on meshes and animations, etc.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

It can depend of the mobs we want to change.

Thread Information