Thread: Training Points and Schools.

Default Training Points and Schools.

So I've decided to try my hand at playing a bi-ped after 4+years of being a dragon...

I must admit I finding playing a ped rather intimidating.

One of the things that's always stopped me in the past was how to spend my training points.

I think what Im going to do for now is focus on one school at a time and spend only the points I get from leveling that school on stats for that school.
    Main question for the moment is, what do you recommend spending points in for the seven basic schools?

Default Re: Training Points and Schools.

Put it into the skills that your going to use most. Itll prolly be spirit since spirit bolt does the most damage. i like health an evasion tho Dont forget you can always putem in other skills later
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Put all you TP's in Hit Points, stats need 4 TP's for each point and 3 TP's for 1 skill point. Get jewelry with the stat you need the most and tech your armor with the skills you need. Use extra TP's for skill and stat you need. I went 600 hp's some stre to reach 2000 strength and two hand slash skill.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Keep in mind, you only get training points off of leveling your HIGHEST adventure class. Once another class takes over as highest, it will give you training points instead.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    So I've decided to try my hand at playing a bi-ped after 4+years of being a dragon...

I must admit I finding playing a ped rather intimidating.

One of the things that's always stopped me in the past was how to spend my training points.

I think what Im going to do for now is focus on one school at a time and spend only the points I get from leveling that school on stats for that school.
    Main question for the moment is, what do you recommend spending points in for the seven basic schools?
    Firstly I would highly recommend AGAINST trying to Multiclass into every class. It can be VERY difficult to level as things go up and up. Use this: http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Schools and look over the abilities to see what ones you want to mix and match in and stick to just those schools for now.

For Physical classes Str, Dex, HP, & Your Weapon of Choice is where the TP's should go. If you use a Shield that is a decent one as well.

For Magical classes Power, Focus, HP, & Magic School of Choice works well.

If you are a Battle Mage Sort (Wear Heavy Armor and fight with big Weapons BUT Cast Magic) Then HP, Power, Focus, and the Magic of Choice + Weapon of Choice is good. You want to make up for your lack of heavier magical strength that you will lose for not being full mage.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

On the magic school bit:

Some magic schools gain much more from either just Power or just Focus. For example, Spirit magic gets an 8% bonus from focus, and 0% bonus from power. So you're ultimately better off only putting points into focus, rather than splitting it between both focus and power when it comes to spirit magic.

Thread Information